LighterLife - Sell It To Me.

paul1978

DO NOT QUIT !
Please sell the idea of LL to me so I can get a better understanding of it and the journey that people go through whilst following the programme. I mean personally, I cannot see myself only eating bars and shakes for every meal, every day for a week, let alone a few months (or how ever long it will take me) As for the money, not sure I could afford that either as I would still be buying food for the rest of the household so food will still be around me and I will still be spending money on food. But reading these threads on here, I can see a lot of people doing it, and getting on very well, how do you go from day to day just eating the bars and shakes ?
On average, how much do you lose each week ? And month ?
You see, I read on here a stone a month loss - which would be incredible - but, again, I dont think I could handle just eating bars and shakes.

So please, give me more understanding of the programme. :)

Thanks.

Hey Paul,

Well, I can only tell you of my experience, but I hope that will be helpful.

I started Lighter Life at the end of May weighing 20stones 12 and with many of the same concerns as you - will I be able to last it out? Will it become too expensive? How will I cope without food? etc etc. In order to get over this, I initially committed myself to the first three months, deciding that was short enough a time to survive, but long enough to make an impact on my weight, and if I found it at all hard then I would move on to another programme that allowed me to eat.

In that first three months I think only the first week was hard - and even that was a dream compared to other programmes I have done. Once you are in ketosis, you get the feel goods kick in, and you fly. The weekly weigh ins became the highlight of my week, and really kept me going. I am happy to say that in that first 3 months I lost 5 stones! Considerably more than the 3 stones average.

Of course, I then carried on, and I am just completing my 7th month of abstinence having lost over 9 and a half stones, and am about to move onto the 12 week Route to Management programme where food begins to be introduced.

Did I miss food? Not food as such - as your body is satisfied, and you do not feel hungry at all - to the point that just a sniff of something yummy seemed enough! Sometimes I did miss the social aspect of eating and drinking with friends and family - but I managed to survive numerous weddings and functions without feeling too left out at all. The best thing I found was not to avoid these situations, but just enjoy them without food or drink - which is a lot easier than you would imagine!

In terms of the cost, I realised that £66 was a small price to pay for such an amazing weight loss, and that when I calculated what I could spend in an average week on snacks, incidental food and drinks, lunches at work, and booze - I actually found myself a bit better off - mind you that didn't last when I started having to update my wardrobe monthly!

So in review, LighterLife is the best thing I ever did for myself - I realise now that 7 months is such a short time when you consider I have spent all of my adult life morbidly obese and struggling with every diet on the market without success - I would always lose a chunk, and then fall of the wagon in a heap and put it all plus a bit more on for good measure! I really feel that I have now cracked this at last - and it is thanks to a little commitment and a huge leap of faith in the outset.

I wish you luck with your decision - I would suggest that you go along and meet your local counsellor, and discuss the programme a little more with them. And if you decide to go ahead with it you have found the best place possible for support and encouragement - keep posting, keep asking questions, and keep us all updated on your progress!

Leesy
xox

Please sell the idea of LL to me so I can get a better understanding of it and the journey that people go through whilst following the programme. I mean personally, I cannot see myself only eating bars and shakes for every meal, every day for a week, let alone a few months (or how ever long it will take me) As for the money, not sure I could afford that either as I would still be buying food for the rest of the household so food will still be around me and I will still be spending money on food. But reading these threads on here, I can see a lot of people doing it, and getting on very well, how do you go from day to day just eating the bars and shakes ?
On average, how much do you lose each week ? And month ?
You see, I read on here a stone a month loss - which would be incredible - but, again, I dont think I could handle just eating bars and shakes.

So please, give me more understanding of the programme. :)

Thanks.

Hi Paul

See my diary from when I did the diet a couple of year ago.

MyLighterLife

Thanks

Mike

This should be a sticky!

Well done Leesy, I agree with you 100% and had exactly the same experience x

Hi Paul
Have you thought about CD , its much cheaper , plus more choices . Same results in weight loss . For a woman 21 packs a week depends on ht , but if you are a man its 4 packs , a woman over 5:8 would need 4 packs . 3 packs for a woman thats 21 a week is around 36 pounds . It all depends on how much you want to get to where you want to be . Easy 1 stone a month for a man . Start to drop carbs before going on this diet .

Paul - the stages are:

Foundation - the first three months which is in abstinence (4 packs and 4 litres of water) and during which you should lose at least three stone

Development - if you still have weight to lose you continue in development for as long as you wish. This is still abstinence (4 packs and 4 litres of water)

Route to Management - a twelve week programme designed to re-introduce food slowly, and teach you to manage your weight in the long term. You start on three packs and one small meal, and gradually replace packs until you are eating conventional food full time. There are also four trigger weeks built in where you test common trigger foods (pasta, potatoes, bread, rice, choc, crisps etc) to see how they affect you.

Hope this helps,

Leesy
xox

Paul - the stages are:

Foundation - the first three months which is in abstinence (4 packs and 4 litres of water) and during which you should lose at least three stone

Development - if you still have weight to lose you continue in development for as long as you wish. This is still abstinence (4 packs and 4 litres of water)

Route to Management - a twelve week programme designed to re-introduce food slowly, and teach you to manage your weight in the long term. You start on three packs and one small meal, and gradually replace packs until you are eating conventional food full time. There are also four trigger weeks built in where you test common trigger foods (pasta, potatoes, bread, rice, choc, crisps etc) to see how they affect you.

Hope this helps,

Leesy
xox

Your posts are very informative!! ... Just a question, is cheese included in the trigger food part??!

Hi there, Cheese is introduced as a trigger, about week 10 I think???

Yep - sorry Claire, missed the all important cheese!!

To be honest, this is a good test of my understanding of the management book, as I am due to start today!

Thanks,

Leesy
xox

Thanks toots!!

and good luck with RtM leesy!!!

You have lost heaps of weight... such a great achievement.. I think I need to lose about the same amount as u did... I'm hoping to start management in June... errrm.. do you think thats achievable?!

Hey Claire - I think that is more than achievable if you focus. I lost over 9 and half stones in seven months, and you have already lost a huge amount since you started. As you know, Lighter Life really does work. Just keep up the hard work, and keep up the water intake and you will be all set for a slim summer!

Good luck!

Leesy
xox

Back