Lighterlife to Slim & Save

JJR93

Hi everyone I have been doing lighterlife for the past 12 weeks I'm on maintenance now and have lost a total of 60 lbs. I've ordered slim and save as I cannot afford the cost of lighterlife I will still follow the lighterlife plan but using the slim and save packs.

I've ordered the following, could people rate/slate the packs please.

Bars:
1 - Milk Chocolate & Praline
10 - Dark Chocolate & Coconut
1 - Milk Chocolate, Vanilla & Almond
5 - Lemon Yoghurt & White Chocolate
Shakes:
7 - Caramel
7 - Cafe Latte
10 - Banana
10 - Chocolate
5 - Strawberry
10 - Crispy Chocolate Shake
3 - Vanilla Caramel
Meals:
5 - Vegetable Soup
5 - Mushroom Soup
5 - Mushroom Pasta

Thanks

I like chocolate shake Its dead nice & the praline bars I think are kinda like milkyways

Although some ppl say like cardboard :-/ lol

That's all iv tried I'm sure someone will be along to give you some info on the rest x

Good luck :)

You really can't take the opinions of other people too seriously. We all have such different tastes. Ones man meat is another mans poison is never truer when you're on a VLCD

Thanks for quick replies guys, looking forward to the dark chocolate and coconut.

Any other feedback would be great!

Out of everything on your list the only thing I didn't enjoy so much was the Mushroom Soup but that's only because I don't like mushroom soup very much anyway. Everything else tastes great to me! The chocolate shakes are my favourite :) Hope you enjoy the diet and well done on your fantastic losses!

The Crispy Chocolate Shake is amazing - if you make it up with very little water it tastes like a chocolate mousse with rice crispies. I feel like I'm cheating every time I have it.
Almost all the meals taste great (especially the Mushroom Pasta & Mac and Cheese).

Have to say the Dark Chocolate & Coconut bar was the one I was looking forward the most, but it was a great disappointment. Loved the Milk Chocolate & Praline and the Milk Chocolate, Vanilla & Almond!

But as Starlight said, everyone has such different tastes - that's what's fun about S&S: loads of packs to choose from means you'll definitely find some you really like.

Let us know what you think when you get them delivered! :)

of course just my opinion but i could live off just the strawberry shakes and the lemon bars.

Hi JJR93

First of all let me congratulate you on your weight loss! I also did Lighterlife and was 14st 8 got down to 10.3 then returned after a few years after putting on a couple of stone and got down to 9.8. My weight has flutuated and I am now doing S&S and wish I used this the 2nd time round instead of returning to LL!

S&S is just as good if not better than LL, the meals in general are good, and S&S is so much more flexible, where you can add veg or add a meal
As Starlight said, it is all down to personal taste.

I really like
the mac and cheese - great with caulifower!
the spaghetti nice with Konnyaku noodles!
the mushroom pasta with salmon and extra mushrooms!,
and the chilli with a 2 egg leek and mushroom omelette!
the oats have a scrambled egg texture and I am a porridge connoisseur as I lived off Apple and cinnamon LL porridge and miss that and the toffee and nut fudge bar badly!!
As with all the bars, I find them a bit 'meh' as they are so small, but then again chocolate is my downfall!!
Only shakes I have tried are, cafe Latte, Crispy Vanilla, Crispy Choc, Vanilla caramel, Caramel which are nice all blended with ice. Red fruits was vile!

As you can see, you can get totally creative with the added protein meal (if you are doing 3 packs or 4 packs and a meal that is) as long as you stick to the guidelines and grammage of the allowed foods! I am doing so well and am not even grumpy on this and on LL I was a miserable ol' cow muttering expletives all the time!:grumble:

I am doing so well and am in the Zone! Good Luck xx

Last edited:
I think the Hazelnut shakes are the most amazing shakes in the world, they taste phenomenal!

I think the Hazelnut shakes are the most amazing shakes in the world, they taste phenomenal!

Typical! I ordered 5 of those but S&S sent me 5 Red berry shakes in error and I just left it as thought it was too much hassle to make a fuss so I just had a red berry and they are Vile!
x

Hi everyone I have been doing lighterlife for the past 12 weeks I'm on maintenance now and have lost a total of 60 lbs. I've ordered slim and save as I cannot afford the cost of lighterlife I will still follow the lighterlife plan but using the slim and save packs.

I've ordered the following, could people rate/slate the packs please.

Bars:
1 - Milk Chocolate & Praline < really nice imo.
10 - Dark Chocolate & Coconut < I didnt like this at first as I was thinking it would taste like a bounty bar but after a few tries it grows on you.
1 - Milk Chocolate, Vanilla & Almond < really nice and almondy.
5 - Lemon Yoghurt & White Chocolate < haven't tried this but will in around 5 mins people say they are nice.
Shakes:
7 - Caramel < Quite nice and sweet.
7 - Cafe Latte < Don't like coffee so never tried it.
10 - Banana < My second fav it, it doesn't taste like a diet shake to me. I have heard some people say that they find it has a chemically taste like a lot of banana shakes do, but I don't taste anything like that I think they are yummy.
10 - Chocolate < My first fav - lovely malty choco taste.
5 - Strawberry < has little pips in it that I find annoying but it does taste nice, I try and sieve them out but the darn things always get through :sigh:
10 - Crispy Chocolate Shake < I don't like these shakes but I ordered a months worth of food without trying samples and I managed to order several of these, so to make them drinkable I actually sieved out the crispy bits lol but a lot of people I see on here do love them.
3 - Vanilla Caramel < interesting mix of flavors, not the best but its still good.
Meals:
5 - Vegetable Soup < Tasted a bit like cuppa soup.
5 - Mushroom Soup < Personally this wasn't for me as I don't like soup in general so you might love it.
5 - Mushroom Pasta < My fav meal out of them all, especially when you add shallots and mushrooms to it with a bit of pepper make sure to soak it a little at first so that pasta gets soft. Also quite nice as a sauce with a protein meal.

Thanks

Congratulations on your weight loss 60Ibs is amazing. Like people are saying we all have different tastes for example there is a split amongst those who love the cottage pie and those who like me think its the food of the devil so ofc you have to take people personal ops with a pinch of salt :)

Check out this thread its useful as people review the different packs they have tried.

Back