Lillipud (who is sooooo determined!)'s slim and save diary

Lillipud

Ok so today is Day 1 . Been here before with Lipotrim where I managed to lose 3 stone and then gradually put it back on and some more:(
I know it wasn't the fault of the diet but because I went back to being a piggy:rolleyes:
Now can't fit into any of my clothes comfortably and am fed up catching sight of my huge reflection.
Must admit to reading some of your diaries and have been so encouraged to start again.
Know first four days are the worst so hopefully can get thru that.

Hopefully will find the packs more appetising than Lipotrim :). Using up some celebrity slim packs until slim and save ones arrive.

If anyone else is starting with similar amount to lose (approx 6 stone) then would be very happy to buddy up. x

Hi Daisy May28,

Thank you for that smiley face! Did ok on Day 1 just kept on drinking loads of water.. Have you tried any of the meals or bars yet?

Hi hun

Sure you will do great, the variety is fantastic on plan

Good luck Xx

Good luck! Hope Day2 is going well for you. I'm on day2 as well, really impressed with the taste of the porridge and soup (my first vlcd diet). All the best x

Hi Popcoot,

Ok its now day 3 ...how are u doing?

I've been ok but have realised that it's the evenings that I find hardest. During the day I can keep nice and busy but sitting in front of the telly is when I think about wine and snacks!!
Doesn't help that I can't do any exercise at mo as I had a knee op.

I tried the Chocolate truffa bar...smelt a bit synthetic when I unwrapped it but it was GORGEOUS!

Not quite sure to have the meal packs plain at the moment or whether to start being a bit more adventurous with the veg that I'm allowed.

Looked at the recipe thread and some of them sound really appealing, but because I did Lipotrim in the past i'm not used to having the food choice and worry I might get carried away if I have to cook something!

Hi Popcoot,

Ok its now day 3 ...how are u doing?

I've been ok but have realised that it's the evenings that I find hardest. During the day I can keep nice and busy but sitting in front of the telly is when I think about wine and snacks!!
Doesn't help that I can't do any exercise at mo as I had a knee op.

I tried the Chocolate truffa bar...smelt a bit synthetic when I unwrapped it but it was GORGEOUS!

Not quite sure to have the meal packs plain at the moment or whether to start being a bit more adventurous with the veg that I'm allowed.

Looked at the recipe thread and some of them sound really appealing, but because I did Lipotrim in the past i'm not used to having the food choice and worry I might get carried away if I have to cook something!

Hiya, Im managing alright so far. I've been drinking lots of water and then having decaf coffee the odd time. Yeah the nights are really hard too, I must admit! Oh yes I love my wine and that will be a weak area for me especially when it comes to weekends.

Ive had soups for lunch and HAD to add veg or else I couldn't have coped! Plus I've had 3 paks a day plus protein meal for evening meal...had white fish, salmon and chicken ( lol not all at the same time, diff nights) all of those have been with veg too. I have crunchy broccoli. I know what you mean about getting carried away, I made my hubby a sandwich earlier and I wanted to nibble at all the stuff whilst making it....flippin nora it was hard not!

Hope your recovering well from your knee op, how long before you can do any exercise? I've not planned any yet, gonna wait and see how my energy levels are after 1st week....but I have a5mth old to keep me busy so i try to walk nearly every day. Even if only for 5mins.
good luck for day 4.

Save plenty for the evening it helps

Be kind to yourself when your recovering hun

I usually save protein and a pack for the evening then can make a nice meal with veggies and have chocolate pudding before bed :)

Your doing great x

Thanks for all the advice and encouragement
Tried original porridge today ... Not sure if i was that keen but added cinnamon and it tasted better . Had mac cheese with broccoli and cauliflower ...yum yum!!
Cant exercise for next few weeks with knees . Will try and do other bits of me !!
Rebekah ... Whats this choc pudding u were going to have ?
Sounds yummy x

I either just mix up a crispy choc shake with milk, water or Hazelnut coffee into a pudding or bake it in the oven... So delish!!

Your doing ace :) exercise can wait

Xxx

Thanks RebekahR for that tip. Weighed myself this morning....so happy - 8lb :D Know I'm not supposed to but needed a bit of a boost!
Had to go to A and E for infection in knee:( Even wore a dress that I felt extra fat in before to go there!
At least the trip to hospital kept me away from temptation!
Love this diet....
So far only sachet not so keen on is the oatmeal porridge but will give it another go!
Hope everyone's having a good weekend xx

Great loss so far, shame about your knee.

I am on day 1 today, never done a VLCD before, look forward to how we both start losing :)

Thank you Hamish's Mum . Am feeling very very happy . Weighed in this morning and have lost 13lb:D I know the first week is always the best and I have a lot to lose but love this diet. So much better than Lipotrim in taste and the fact u can have veg and protein.
Antibiotics working on knee and swelling going down....yippee. registering for Yr 2 of my degree tomoz at Uni and have pre warned friends that I am on my diet. All very supportive:). Actually feel better as well as not having alcohol !!:party0036:
Hope everyone having good day even though it is Monday!

Well done hun that is amazing :)

Good work, keep it up xxx

Wowzers! Huge congratulations, fantastic weight loss Hun x

Thanks everyone:) Day 8 ...managed weekend ok but went to bed early last night to keep away from any temptation. Wanted to have a long bath but not able to get my knee yet and didn't think it would be the same with a large bin liner attached!
Tried spicy spaghetti tonight...was runny but poured it over my salad! Looked revolting but actually tasted really yummy! Had to force myself to finish it as I was really full.
Enrolled for 2nd year as a mature student at uni....was really good to be back;)
Was on crutches and had to scrounge a lift but the antibiotics are finally working:)

Hope everyone's had a good day. x

Thanks everyone:) Day 8 ...managed weekend ok but went to bed early last night to keep away from any temptation. Wanted to have a long bath but not able to get my knee yet and didn't think it would be the same with a large bin liner attached!
Tried spicy spaghetti tonight...was runny but poured it over my salad! Looked revolting but actually tasted really yummy! Had to force myself to finish it as I was really full.
Enrolled for 2nd year as a mature student at uni....was really good to be back;)
Was on crutches and had to scrounge a lift but the antibiotics are finally working:)

Hope everyone's had a good day. x

You are doing great! Hope your knee is on the mend for you. I tried the mushroom pasta today with veggies and oh boy was it spicy!!! Couldn't believe how spicy it was for a mushroom pasta lol. How are you feeling with general tiredness? I've been feeling whacked out :(

I'm so glad you said that cos I have as well. I'm normally a really light sleeper but have been zonked out!
Not been feeling cold but I think that's because I've got a decent fat layer covering my bones!

For some reason felt hungry today so tried having a cup of green tea and eventually had a bar...Had had the mushroom soup at lunchtime and although I put extra mushrooms in it, it didn't fill me up like the shakes and meals do. Had induction day at Uni and managed to say no to a glass of rose!! Would have been unheard of before:)
Luckily my friends are being really supportive as they know I wasn't happy being the weight I am but needed to be in the right mindset to start a serious diet.
Saw in some post that we are not supposed to have fried mushrooms...? Is that cos of any oil being added? I just dry fried mine...hope that's ok?

Your fine, I dry fry mine or use frylight xxx

Back