LilmissMunchies weight loss journey.....Here goes!! *Lets Do It Together!*

I do it the first method (microwave) sometimes when I want the rice quick. Rinsing does help, it gets rid of the starch.

yep in teh microwave is so hassel free and the rice turns out great everytime - a good rinse and then just check to make sure the water isn't dissapearing too early and it's lovely and soft and not sticky. The second method the rice is alot nicer, no idea why! It takes a bit more messing around though :)

Thank for the methods Miss Munky!!! I deffo prob stir it too much as never heard about that before so will not stir it too much now and I don't usually add oil and do find it sticks so will tyr just a little and syn. How much oil to you put in ? And how many syns :)
Thanks again hun! Will be doing a rice salad in a few days so will try the method 2 I think as havn't done that way before! x
Another wet wet day!! I have been good with my choices though and I'm quite on track but need to fit in more strenuous exercise!! My 30 day shred dvd still hasn't come yet? Who's tried doing the dvd? What benefits did you see? What was your experience? Might try searching this as a thread as Would like some views on it! :D

Omg, I want to do the shred... I am going to order it right now lol

1tsp of oil at most (but it depends how much I make, if I just make enough for 2 people I would probably only use 1/2 a tsp)

1 tsp is 2 syns, so 1/2 is only 1 syn.. Which is okay. I would use 1/2 a tsp and next time add more if it wasn't enough.

*goes off to get the 30day shred*

I thought I had already ordered it, but turns out I hadn't

Hey, hope your having a good day today. I'm a cheat and use microwave rice (embarrassed face) I have the 30ds have done 30 days and love it, it makes a real difference to my figure. I go back and do it all the time, was going to do it today but chickened out (it's hard getting back in to it after a break) x

I really hope it comes soon while I'm motivated to try it!! lol.. Does it really feel like it tones your body? What are your tips and notes I should make before starting it, or when the dvd arrives! :) I am quite excited about giving it a go! Let me know when you plan to start it again Miss Munky and hopefully I will have mine and we could perhaps start it together! :) x

Hey, hope your having a good day today. I'm a cheat and use microwave rice (embarrassed face) I have the 30ds have done 30 days and love it, it makes a real difference to my figure. I go back and do it all the time, was going to do it today but chickened out (it's hard getting back in to it after a break) x

Hopefully I will get my dvd soon and we can all start a day togather... 30ds time! :)

I have never done it before, but I hear very good things about it... I hear it kills you lol

I will order mine tomorrow morning and hopefully it will arrive early next week, I want to do it on the days I don't go swimming! We should definately do it together to make sure we stick at it, I'm really rubbish about doing anything that isn't swimming. I was also looking into the c25k program it sounds quite good too. I'm hoping to do another 10k in September so might do the c25k after the 30 day shred. Clearly I'm planning to torture myself from now on haha

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred: Level 1 - YouTube I think I am going to die! lol... All joking aside I think I am going to seriously struggle to keep going!! But I will try my hardest!! lol.. x haha!! I have heard the c25k is good too and have been meaning to try out a few like this and the c25k to see what I would rather do and I am siding with the 30 day shred as I can't see myself running let along jogging for any length of time but willing to try things out! lol..

Right I didn't even realise the time so will have to carry on with my diary and catch up tomorrow!! Having my hair done tomorrow for my treat for losing 5 lbs and if I lose 4 more lbs I get to get my nails done, so its inspiring me to carry on! Then when I get to my 2 stone award I get to organise another tattoo I want with the boys names on! YAY!! will be over the moon If I can get to the 2 stone and then more!... Long way yet but I feel sooo determined!!

well done on your 30 day shred Nellylou!! It does scare me a bit how you say you chickened out! hahaha!! I really am going to struggle at this but I know that anything is better than nothing! :) So onwards and Downwards hopefully! :)
NIght NIght all! :zz:

This shred business I keep reading about honestly scares me! I've got a couple of workout DVDs at home but I never seem to stick with it. Especially since the DVD player is broken now lol

Enjoy having your hair done x

You know what? Not long after that last post about me being scared of the shred dvd I only went and bought one! :eek:

Hey girls,

I ordered 30DS yesterday too! Am hoping to start on Monday! Terrified because of all the things that have been said about it on here but also excited by the before and after photos posted online!

Sarah x

Lol we're going 30DS crazy! Yep I'm sure we'll all regret when we're waddling about and can't sit down but once we all push through the pain it will be worth it.

I will need to look out the measuring tape so that I can measure my thighs, hips, stomach, arms, chest and bust to see what the difference really is after the 30 days :)

Haha we've hijacked the diary and turned it into a Shred thread :p

I'm actually looking forward to this, the only exercise I do is walking back and forth to work (25mins each way) so I need something extra to do. I've just checked and it says estimated delivery is between May 29 and June 02. I might go change the delivery method to get it faster. I need to start it asap if I'm going to do 30days. Busy with stuff after June 21st!

Lorna - def take measurements. I do that anyway, almost autopilot on WI day.

i've never taken measurements but think I will also when I start the 30ds!! When it finally comes!! booo!! I might even check when I got mine so I can see when I am due to get it, I ordered it a while ago now!!? (or it feels long enough! ) haha! ..
Ok so all your 30 Day Shred DVD ladies are going to do the challenge and we can work through the pain together!!! :) I think I might start a 30 Day Shred Thread and we can all let each other know how we are getting on! I plan to start it asap but will wait for a little longer if I get it before you all incase any of you want to do it together for motivation??

... I know I am going to need oooo sooo much motivation!!!! ALso need to run it through with my GP maybe incase it could be bad for my joints but I have a feeling their just not supple and their stiff and painful due to me not working them enough or doing enough exercise and carrying around another mini me in blubber! lol..

Right WI was this morning and I lost 1lb so I am happy with that as it was a loss and I have my Club 10!.. so yay! 1 more 1lb to lose for my 1 1/2 stone certificate ! :)
Well I've had my hair done and I like it :) Also doesn't make my face look any fatter with some length off which is always a relief! lol.. Next I need to lose 4 more lbs and I can get my nails done :D

Ash, your the same as me! At the moment I only walk, admittedly I do walk alot of times in a day usually and I powerwalk but my body has got so used to that it doesn't see it as exercise and I never get out of breath from it so I need something more strenuous.. This 30 Day Shred isn't just strenuous, it looks like so much hard work! hahaha.. But we will try to push through it together !! lol..

Yay for your loss and your club 10 I'm so excited for you! You should be so proud of your self, I love that you have worked out when your next achievement is that really is a HUGE motivator - I'm sooo stealing that idea I have 6lbs to get my stone award, which isn't too bad and I should be able to achieve that in a few weeks (it might be more or less tho after weigh in) :p

I am totally up for doing the shred all together, having others do it will make a difference. I have taken my measurements and wow they are awful (but not as awful as januarys as I've lost around 3inches from swimming) I'll even be brave enough to post them lol when I ordered it, it said 5-7 working days so I estimate that it should be here by next friday at the latest... Do you wanna start then if you have yours? Even if mine is late I can follow on youtube at first, also that gives us a date to start!

Thanks hun :) I would loved to have lost 2lbs and got my 1 1/2 stone award too but its all a step forward so I'm not going to try and race there as I want to remind myself its not a race but a life changing plan for life :)
I think even WHEN we get to target the really hard part will be to stay there!!! But once we see the reality of actually being slimmer I hope it will spur us on more. I can see a change and any change is a start :) I keep also reminding myself that just because I am losing lb's I won't look transformed overnight and those losses take time to add up but they WILL. :D

I don't mind when I start really :) As you say 1st few times are gonna be a killer so I can at least if we do start on a friday we leave having to do the school runs over the weekend (where I'll be bedridden:8855:! lol)
So I don't mind waiting until yours comes :) whenever it is I know one thing... I'll still experience the pain! hahaha!...

I have done it so I get a treat every 10, 05 and 01...so I am 12st 9lb, my next treat is at 12st 05lb. then 12st 01lb etc . As I started 14st 01lb I split the losses up into 5lb to lose, 4lb to lose then 5lb to lose to reach mini milestones.. So if you started 05, you could do those milestones too! but obviously your '05 will be your stone award days where you will need to get a big treat :) xx Does that make sense?? lol ..
Doing this deffo spurs me on! :) xx
Right off to get one of the boys, then wait to get the other after his music drum bashin sesh after school lol.. x

Well done on your loss!

Glad you like your new hair. I love coming out of the hairdressers feeling new and shiny :)

I wish I'd ordered my DVD earlier so I can start with you guys. So is it on YouTube as well? Might have a look so I can join anyway.

Yes I kept checking myself out in the shop windows as I walked past !! Its much much better now I have some shape to it as it did get rather long lol.. :D I usually do this when I am worried about how fat I look so I will use any car windows, shop or anything else I can glance at to try and see where I need to re-adjust anything! LOL!... No I am not vain.. I am just mega concious about the way I look and I'm half expecting to look in one and think omg, then look in the other a few shops away and be like.. OMG I've shrunk!! ... Never happens though! lol.. So this time it was to check out my new hair which she styled and blow dried so it looked very glam if I do say so myself! .. Well compared to a before pic! lol.. If I was gutsy enough I would have posted up pics but I might when I find maybe a half decent before pic! haha..

Ash, we can all start a little later or choose a day a little way off so that it gives you a chance to get the dvd if you like? Or if we all don't want to wait if it takes longer than expected we can sort something out with the youtube vids! :) ...
ohhh Just looking on my ebay and it seems they posted mine out yesterday?? oooo!! I ordered it on 10th may so I was prob just being impatient for wanting it to come sooner! haha!!
Everyone have a think of when you want to start! I'm definitely siding with a friday or saturday start day .. What do you all think? Perhaps next friday or sat? x Hopefully your orders will be back by then?? x WE are all in for some blood sweat and tears in the near future! hahaha :whip:

Back