LilmissMunchies weight loss journey.....Here goes!! *Lets Do It Together!*

What I have learned so from since starting Weight Watchers and starting to think about Healthy Eating in general !

Little tips that have come into my head so far !!...

:checkmark:Writing down meal ideas helps you to see what syns are in what meals (if any) and then what syns I can use on that day. I do have a plan of meals but sometimes it doesn't work out the way you plan it so as long as your keeping an eye on your HEX'A's, HEX B's, Syns and just be sensible on when to stop eating the free foods as you can always stop when you feel full and have a superfree or free food snack if you get hungry later on.

:checkmark:Keep a food diary of everything you have eaten every day! Before I would keep thinking, "Oh I'll write it when I get time" but never ended up writing down everything but now I have a little notepad that I carry with me and I jot in everything I have. Then write it down on here and in my main food diary in the evenings and its helped lots and I can look back through them too.

:checkmark:I put a star next to a good weeks Weigh in and I can see what weeks were good and what foods I ate etc..

:checkmark:I find I prefer to have mini syns rather than 1 big one as i feel I am treating myself more! When I first started SW I would syn big things and then not feel as motivated and think oh one more syn wont hurt, etc etc until i'd gone over and then the effects of the syn would leave me feeling guilt and failure which is not good and I would be left wishing I didn't have that syn! Some people can save their syns but I just couldn't do that on a weekly basis, perhaps if a bit party was coming up I may do in future but the guilt would be far too much for me to accept I think lol.. plus I like looking forward to a few pleasures everyday! :)

:checkmark:Check those syn values and when you measure your HEX A and B's and Syns,Measure it to the exact amount! If you are synning a tsp of Flora light on your Jacket spud, make sure you use a level tspfull as those little heaps add up if your putting a bit more than it says and overall may slow down your progress as you will be adding more syns than you'd think would make a difference but they do!

:checkmark:One BIG tip thats been harder to break for me but one I am really trying to do is give time for your body to tell you its full! I am a very quick eater, well I used to be even worse but have since been trying to slow down my eating and having a glass of water before eating as Its very easy to sit down at meal times and rush your food too quickly, not feeling full and therefor thinking you need something else when it could just be that your brain hasn't had time to tell you that your feeling full.

:checkmark:Keep reminding yourself that you will get there and it will take time, its going to be a gradual process and every loss is a LOSS and to be greatfull for any loss you have as it all adds up! After all if you were 1/2 pound away from target, that little 1/2 pound would really mean everything between getting to target so you would be wishing for that 1/2 loss more than anything so if you have a 1/2 pound loss, its a Loss that you did so well done!!!

:checkmark:If you fall off the wagon or have too many syns, draw a line under it and move right on!! If you give up now you will never reach your goal and will have wasted all the effort you have already done.. Keep at it and it will get better! Why should you throw away your chances on the something thats making you want to lose the weight in the first place? Those little bad habits are what got you feeling this way in the first place and needing to lose the lb's!
If you give in now and just feel like "what the heck" your only going to escalate the problem :( ... Stop.. Breath... Remind yourself of what it is you want to achieve and remind yourself of how you are going to achieve it and all the benefits!!

People just like us have been successful in banishing their weight for good and getting to target..
Why can't you too!! ..:party0019: You can Do It!!

Last edited:
She is 7, will be 8 at the end of the year. It definately goes quick especially once they start school, she is going into p4 in August it totally freaks me out.. I really don't want her to become an evil teen, I'm quite happy for her to stay 7 forever lol

Twin boys they definitely must keep you on your toes! Shame one.isn't feeling great - are they identical?

Yep me too I just need to keep the momentum going, I have been so heavy since I stopped smoking the first time around 4 years ago, found a photo of me from my 21st and I'm a lovely curvy size 12 - I need to do it this time around, I'm soo fed up of being big and feeling like a baloon lol We will do it though I'm sooo determined this time and I'm happy for it to take me aslong as it takes, I'm not giving in!!

I know these two are finding out so many different things and its amazing but frightening to see them growing up!! LOL.. I want my babies back! lol..
But yes they are hard work at times , its the sibling bickering thats started, Thats mine, leave that alone etc etc lol! They went on their first horse riding experience the other week and loved it so can't wait to go again! I really want to get back into it but I think I will have to be in my 11's before I am going to think about going again just for something to work towards! :)

Well done with the non smoking though! I gave up in October 2009 or 2010 I can't even remember what year now as I don't think about them anymore at all! My mum has very bad health due to smoking and shes on oxygen alot of the time for life now so that really scared me into changing that habit for good and a diabetes scare recently along with many aches and pains that have come about among other reasons is why I have really started to think about the future and what I want out of life and for my kids too. I want to be able to take them swimming regularly without feeling so self concious and putting off going!! (They have only been a handful of times and enjoy it so I feel very bad about that!!)

How do you feel about it now after 4 years? I would never smoke again and notice all the time the stale smell a smoker has on their clothes!!! Its repulsive and stinks !! lol.. To think I smelt like that doesn't bare thinking about lol but I never noticed it of course when I smoked, it was a new smell for me to experience! :eek: Just wish my mum had the same attitude, especially now shes been so badly effected by it :(

Right I best put the hoover round before getting ready to get the other monster lol xx

Well I'm 3 years stopped in July, stopped and started the year before and I have had a wee blip in the last 2 months and started again but only a little a day but I'm back on my champix and that is working so I'm hoping to be off them again completely by Monday (I'm not counting my 2 month blip as a restart as that is depressing). I love love love being a non smoker, it's the best thing I've ever done and yes the smell is totally disgusting when you give it up, YUK

Well done you on sticking with it and just think how much extra cash you will have to spend on your new "Slimmer you!" clothes!!! :) xx
Well I didn't end up having my jacket potato as my BF got chips and 1/4 pounder for him, and chips for the boys so I got a salad box which I added my own low syn sauce too, 1 tbsp of extra light mayo (I will have to look up the syn on that but I think 1.5syns?) But I didn't have my highlights hot choc tonight so I make it 7 syns in total today which is really nice to know I don't always have to max them out !! :)

Right I am gonna go grab my second humbug and a water for bed and try and get more of a sleep than I did last night!!! night night all! x x

I know, can't wait to buy slimmer clothes :) when I stopped smoking 3 years ago, I still put away my £5 a day and I took me, my OH and daughter on an all inclusice holiday for 2 weeks, it really was a great feeling.

I ended up having chips, beans and HEA of cheese as I ate, about 4 more of ferrero rocher. So I definately maxed my syns yesterday - I will aim to use 7 or less today because of it hehe.

Hope you had a good sleep to make up for last night :)

Hey, how you doing? x

Hey, found you!! wow, congrats on the amazing 5lbs loss! :happy036:how did you manage that?
Loving your diary, its really positive. x

Wow, I'm feeling really positive and inspired after reading your diary!

I think I'm going to struggle with feeling peckish too, but just because I sit at a desk all day and I've got into the terrible habit of grazing all day! It's just too tempting to have a handful of the crisps/biccies/cakes which are constantly being passed around or grab something naughty from the snack wagon which comes 'round every day!

I'm still in week 1 but determined that this time I'm going to stick with my new regime and make real life changes.

Congratulations on your loss this week and good luck with getting into club 10 next week!

Sarah x

Just popped on to just put in todays eating habits and I would just like to say I should have remembered to jot what I ate throughout the day as when it came to dinner I ate exactly what I had for lunch but totally forgot until I thought about it! How forgetfull is that!! two portions of j potato with beans and a little cheese!! I think it could be to do with the fact I rushed my spud at lunch as I was running out of time but feeling hungry so instead of going straight home after getting some scales today I stopped off at the j potato wagon and got one to eat quickly before the walk home! So I am feeling pretty much like a potato tonight, a bit bloated! lol. So will be watching from tomorrow and making sure if I don't follow my plans for the day, that I at least write them on my notepad as soon as I eat something :D

Right for breakfast I ate : 2 small wholemeal slices (HEX B) with marmite and tsp butter (1syn), 1 muller and 1 banana
Lunch was J potato, beans, a little butter (will say 5 syns as asked for little but didn't see how much but didn't taste very much and she could have used normal not light so playing it safe! lol) and pinch of cheese (most of HEX A) Then when I got in I had some grapes, strawberries and more grapes lol
DInner was .. you guessed it! A j potato with beans, mushrooms and onions with tsp butter (1syn) For pudding I had a choc mini milk (1.5 syns)but have to remember to suck lightly at the top keeps coming off and I have to either make funny faces while I try to eat it or get messy trying to hold it so a big choc icecream blob doesn't give me brain freeze!! :doh: lol!!!
Had a humbug not long ago too 1.5syns
So total syns = 9.

Thanks to everyone that popped on to have a look at my diary! I will be on more tomorrow as its the weekend and I'll have an hour in the morning spare to chillax on MiniMins!!! :) So I will be popping on here soon to snoop at ur diaries too ! hehe x

So I got some Salter Scales today which were a bit expensive but I needed to invest in some good ones and I hope they will be accurate and consistent.. although going on them today they showed a lb heavier!! But then I got on them just after my j potato nomming so putting it down to a stuffed gut lol.. it better be!! :confused:

I am glad I am spreading my motivation a little, I think its great to have somewhere like this to just ramble and vent my thoughts!!! :)
ps: Miss corset I would deffo have a look at as many low synned or free foods as you can and make a list of them starting from syn free to low syns. Then have some stocked with you when your at work so that you can use some of your syn allowance if you have to. I would also have a little notepad by you incase you do syn, so you can keep tabs on how many syns you have left incase you want to syn anything outside of work etc x
Good luck and I am sure when you settle into the plan you will find what works for you! I am still getting used to the plan as relaly need to absorb all the info but I know something must be working so will just go with what my body agrees with and stick to the plan as much as possible :)
Right I really better go to bed !
Night night :nightf:

Lol to the 2 jacket pots, hope you enjoyed them sometimes there's nothing nicer than jacket with cheese and beans :p x

I did enjoy then just couldn't believe I had 2 in one day lol.. Today I'm doing a tuna pasta .. yum!!! x
I did make a little slip up today and more yesterday by having some butter icing when we were making the topping for the boys dads bday cupcakes! Cake is one of my favourite treats so as you can imagine the smell, look and sheer temptation was all too much!!... But I didn't have any cake!! Just about 3 tbsp of butter icing... GULP!!! ... Well I say 3tbsp because it probably adds up to a fair bit when you poke the extra mix when opening the fridge a fair few times! lol.. I know I've done well not to have cake as theres even a double choc one he got from his mums in a cake tin screaming my name but I'm trying not to give in!!! Think Slim!!! ... But I will say I am not proud of myself as much as I should be for touching the butter icing and you know when you eat something then you "see" the pounds jump on you..!! Well I swear I saw it swelling my belly up !lol.. Well I am not going to have any more syns today or tomorrow to make up for it and hopefully all the cake will be gone in a few days so I don't get tempted!! Usually I am fine when it comes to temptations.. Biscuits, chocs, crisps, sweets, etc etc have been sitting in the cupboard for the boys but when it came to me having to make some butter icing its like I had a magnet attached to my finger and it got drawn to the mixture! lol.. oops... Right I am off to go see the mixture:nono:.... No I mean to see what I can have with the tuna pasta!! :D

Hope everyones had a nice day. I have actually felt alot happier today as Mr sun has made an appearance !!! Oh I do love Mr Sun! :character00238:

Oooh I do love cake and butter icing. Well done for stopping at that and stay away until it's gone!
Hope you had a good day x

Mmm butter icing!

Well done on only having a nibble, I don't have much control when making things but it's good you only had a wee taste :)

Super well done on your weight loss, it seems like you are doing really well, you must be so pleased! :D
i have just started to realise that I too would prefer to use my syns little and often rather than all in one go! They last longer and I seem to crave less, which is always good!! :)
i had a birthday party this weekend and I did crumble unfortunately :( I absolutely love buffet sausage rolls, so I did treat myself to a few of those!
Its my weigh in tonight too, do fingers crossed!
Good luck :D

Thanks all for the well done messages.. I will try not to beat myself up about it as I really need to realise its just one of those things and as long as I just get right back on it then its all in the past!! I should practise what I preach I think! lol..

Hey Francesca rose: Thanks also for the well done message and for popping along to my diary :)

I have a dilema! Where's that little "teeny bit slimmer" version of me I saw just the other day!! lol.. I hate it when your mirror plays tricks on you??!! :argh: lol
I keep thinking I blow out a bit every time I have potatoes or pasta??!.. I think I will have to really cut down the amount of potato and pasta I have as last week I didnt have that much but this week I have and feel a bit more podgy if I'm honest! ... Nothing to do with that butter icing :giggle:
Have stocked up on fruit as seem to be really getting my 5 a day in with that for sure!! Only thing is its so expensive!!
Especially when I got some strawb's from the market and the next day they were going fuzzy! :sign0137: Also you never seem to get enough in one tub! sniff :(

I was very good today and didn't have many syns at all!
I had a tsp butter (1 syn) with my toast (Hex B) this morning and some fruit,
Had fruit with crabsticks and a mugshot for lunch and 1 humbug (1.5 syns)
Then for dinner I had pasta with plenty of mushrooms, onions, peppers, 1/4 can of tuna (lefties from yesterday! :) )
Didn't have all of my HEX A milk today but I may get in another coffee before i go to bed (I know coffee before bed but it doesn't keep me up strangely enough, even if I don't have coffee I still seem to go to bed late x)
Tomorrow is roast day as didn't get my roast on sunday! yummm.. Can't wait!!
Hope you all had a good weekend dispite the wet miserable weather that came back here today! :rolleyes:

I totally forgot about crabsticks - I really need them in my life tomorrow, I'll be going to tesco!

They are great arn't they!! I always eat them so quick though!! So I have 2 lots of them in the fridge now.. May not be able to say that tomorrow though! lol..:giggle:
I also got some Tesco extra light soft cheese - Onion and chive flavour to try .. But before i did tomorrow does anyone have syn values? What did you do with it if you tried it? Also there was another flavour next to it which was garlic and herb but I eeny meeny miney mo'd on them and got the onion and chive lol.
If you have tried both what one do you prefer?
I really need to learn how to cook rice!! Any pointers on how to cook fluffy yummy rice too peeps! Mine doesn't always go to plan! lol :D

1.5 syns for 25g for both the extra light cheeses!

I have amazing tips for rice but I'm almost asleep and on my phone, will pop by in the morning to give you them :)

1.5 syns for 25g for both the extra light cheeses!
Thanks !!!

I have amazing tips for rice but I'm almost asleep and on my phone, will pop by in the morning to give you them :)

And thanks again!!! :) I think I am due to get ready for bed now... I am getting that haze which says you have 15 mins to get up to bed or things get more difficult and you may not think straight soon! lol..
Night night! x

Okay, so to rice.

Method 1
Get easy cook rice that you can microwave - wash rice in a seive until the water (for every cup of rice add 2 cups of water) isn't cloudy, put rice in a microbowl (make sure the bowl will have enough room to allow the water to boil and rise - also cover the boil - you can use clingfilm ans pierce a few times or what I do is put the lid on it but loosely and at a slight angle), add boiling water and salt and then cook for 15 mins on full power and just check every so often that the water isn't dissapearing to earlier.

Method 2
Any rice - put rice in a cup/bowl and add water, you want to add enough water that it covers it and then some. Leave for 15mins.

Pour out the excess water, and add the rice to a pot/pan - use double the amount of water as rice so if you use 1 cup of rice it's 2 cups water add salt. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a low heat and leave for 15mins to finish cooking (if you notice that all the water has gone and you still have a few mins of cooking time you can add more). You can also add some oil to stop the rice sticking - all you need is a little and I use olive oil and syn. Try not to stir the rice too much as it makes it release glutons (or something), that makes it go sticky. All the water should evaporate and you should have lovely fluffy rice :)

Second method sound alot but it really isn't and it does taste nicer than method 1, however method one makes really nice rice and I use that more often as it's quick.

Back