Lily's Lyrical Lollop. Destination: Land's End...

I'm banking on that Math, Lily! 3/week will get me to my goal in time :)

If you're younger than me, you'll probably shed more pounds than that per week. Unfair though it is, the older you are, the slower your metabolism is. :cry:

But that's really good news for you! :happy096:

Hi Lily,

Thanks for the informative article. I am going to make a note of it, so that when my coachee has a slow week, I will give it to her to read. (Also, if she does not make more of an effort with the water: she'll need to read it.)

Mel

P.S. Lily you live not too far from me -- have you ever been to space centre in Leicester? My favourite thing was what you weigh on various planets! LOL

I think I'd weigh about 5 stone on the moon.

@Bettiesrevenge --

The most you could probably burn in real fat in cambridge is then about what...for an average metabolically rubbish person with a BMR of 1300

I can sleep easy now! :)

When I did SS the first time round, I did a full week of ss staying the same, it was so cruel, but yeah true to form then a few days later it would just drop off.

Is your BMR really that high...I am calling my CDC, she has this jazzy scales that give you a print out and it said mine was 1300!!! I must be virtually dead!!

Your CDC scales must be out of calibration. Get your BMR done elsewhere.

I have had mine done a few times by various means (plus, I have those special scales that calculate your water to fat ratio and give you your BMR), and --

I am not quite 5'4".
I am in my late 40s with a sm/med frame. If I were not very active -- when I weighed 133 lbs (9 stone 7lbs) I had a bmr of about 1430.

I have tracked my calories when I was doing 810/1000 and it seems to be fairly accurate with regard weight losses.

Mel

p.s. You are seeking revenge on whom or what? I am curious.

Hi Lily,

Thanks for the informative article. I am going to make a note of it, so that when my coachee has a slow week, I will give it to her to read. (Also, if she does not make more of an effort with the water: she'll need to read it.)

Mel

P.S. Lily you live not too far from me -- have you ever been to space centre in Leicester? My favourite thing was what you weigh on various planets! LOL

I think I'd weigh about 5 stone on the moon.

@Bettiesrevenge --

Your CDC scales must be out of calibration. Get your BMR done elsewhere.

I have had mine done a few times by various means (plus, I have those special scales that calculate your water to fat ratio and give you your BMR), and --

I am not quite 5'4".
I am in my late 40s with a sm/med frame. If I were not very active -- when I weighed 133 lbs (9 stone 7lbs) I had a bmr of about 1430.

I have tracked my calories when I was doing 810/1000 and it seems to be fairly accurate with regard weight losses.

Mel

p.s. You are seeking revenge on whom or what? I am curious.

Hey Minnie mell, you know they say the best revenge is living well, when I was first a member back in 2007 I think I was probably vengefull for my ex boyfriend.

Interesting that you had 1430 BRM, I will get mine re-checked. My CDC will feel my wrath...besides it must be higher since Ive droped 3lb since tuesday according to my scales - not that I'm obsessed.

You have done tremendously well mel by the way!!

Yes! Oh yes! Oh yes oh yes oh yes!!

:banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: {Lily does happy dance!} :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer:

The scales have moved - in the right direction for once!
There can be weight loss after Cambridge!
(phew :sigh2:)

Today I'm 14st 1lb. :woohoo: I didn't do anything different, just kept going on my current plan - if anything, I had a few more calories yesterday.

Okay, that's only a shift of 2 pounds downwards but those of you who've been following my progress will know that this is the first time I've seen something significant in the last 4 weeks. :D

Yee haa!!

Missy Jo - those other 2 pounds you promised me? How about tomorrow? Eh? Eh? :D :D :D

Hi Lily,

FAB! I am glad to hear the drop was occurred. Soon you will be in the 13's! And, the more you drink, the more you shrink. Are you drinking your water?

I am working on this -- I have been so bad.

Mel

@BettysR,

I had wondered if the man was involved in the name choice. I recenty became someone's diet coach and "one of her reasons for wanting to lose weight" was to "prove her ex wrong".

I did not ask for details -- but I suspect he may have said something like she will never lose the weight, etc. One thing that I used to tell my students is that NEVER and AlWAYS are not useful modifiers as there are no such things.

Thanks for saying I have done well -- it has been up and down.

I did well on Lighter Life in 2008 and got down to bmi of about 22, maintained for several months, but then gained about a stone and half after I stopped exercising.

I manged to lose about half a stone in late 2009/early 2010 and stabilised at about a bmi of 26, then maintained for about another year. I had a health scare a year ago and gained some weight, and then had a holiday jump last December and knew I must have been close to 30 bmi.

I started dieting on December 27th and did not weigh until January 2nd. On that date I weighed just one pound more than I had the last time I weighed myself in mid-October. I was a bmi of about 29.

After dieting for the first four months of 2011, I am now just over a 25. I was stable at 10 stone 5 for all of April and most of May, but last week I showed a 3 pound gain (deserved).

So, I am really working to get back on my weight loss and fitness programme. I would like to get to 9.5 stone and maintain that weight.

Good luck to us all.

Mel

woohoooo so the theories really work then lily! your fat cells must have 'released' their precious water begrudgingly :D

Thank you for your post on my diary, really cheered me up :)

Hi Lily,

I hope you are having a lovely Sunday.

Mel

well done lily :)xx

YAY!! Go Lily, you're doing it girl!!! xxx Chuffed for you :D

My scales stuck again today. Retaining cake. Just wanted to add. :)

My scales stuck again today. Retaining cake. Just wanted to add. :)

LOL!

Hey, as long as you enjoyed it :D

That peice of cake I ate Saturday gave me a chronic belly ache for ages after!! Was lovely going down though ;)

Hey - if drinking more water cures water retention...

... do you think eating more cake would fix 'cake retention'? ;)

I'm guessing not. Life is so unfair... :D

Missy Jo - those other 2 pounds you promised me? How about tomorrow? Eh? Eh? :D :D :D

Why are some posts just not appearing?? I blame that stupid app!! But oh yes...you lost them pounds girl. And I found em. Chortle :) xxx

Hey - if drinking more water cures water retention...

... do you think eating more cake would fix 'cake retention'? ;)

I'm guessing not. Life is so unfair... :D

I am just musing over how much more willing I would be to guzzle more cake as opposed to sparkling water and sunshine orange.

CERN have been messing with atoms and anti matter again. Explains what is up with my scales I'll be bound.....going haywire of late.

CERN have been messing with atoms and anti matter again. Explains what is up with my scales I'll be bound.....going haywire of late.

The gravitational force in my kitchen has been off for quite a while. Well, maybe not off, cos then I'd be floating, wouldn't I? I mean off as in rubbish... oh - you know what I mean!!:eek:

I'm not weighing in every day any more, anyway. Enough is enough. I'm going by my Saturday weigh-in (which as you know had me weighing in at 14st 1lb :D).

It's going to be tough staying off until Saturday, but I'll do it!

The gravitational force in my kitchen has been off for quite a while. Well, maybe not off, cos then I'd be floating, wouldn't I? I mean off as in rubbish... oh - you know what I mean!!:eek:

I'm not weighing in every day any more, anyway. Enough is enough. I'm going by my Saturday weigh-in (which as you know had me weighing in at 14st 1lb :D).

It's going to be tough staying off until Saturday, but I'll do it!

Good for you Lily! I fail at staying off the scales, I'm on them 3 x a day, argh!

Back