limiting carbs on slimming world

nettleboo

Hello all i have pcos and underactive thyroid problem and losing weight is tough for me im back at slimming world but as im veggie im following green and i eat a fair amounts of carbs. Can anyone tell me if they limit there carbs and if so how much do you eat per day?

Hiya I don't actually have pcos as my hormone tests came back normal but that was many years back. I do however have physical signs and a cyst and I found to lose weight successfully I had to ditch the bread totally from my diet and reduce and replace carbs. So I went from white to wholemeal pasta and reduced the amount I had and i also went from white to brown rice and also reduced my portions of that. I also reduced potatoes and instead would fill up with other veg. I just need to follow my own advice and get back to it again as since having my baby 18months ago I have struggled to give up the bread hence the massive gain of weight from 12st8lb that I was during my pregnancy! x

Hiya! I did used to do SW but I'm now on WW. I have PCOS and I'm also veggie. I always found on SW I had plenty of choice for food. I don't recall weighing carbs (other than bread for my HEX) but I used to only have a small amount of rice, pasta or whatever carbs I had. I did find it annoying as I felt on SW carbs were what really filled me up in my meals. I kept an eye on my carb intake but made sure I always ate lots of fruit & veg to fill me up too x

Back