Lion King at London Theatre...

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
My Mum has been wanting to see this ever since it came out at the London Theatre many years ago!

We recently went to London to see 'Grease' - My Christmas present from her, as it is one of my fave films! :eek: When we were there, there were many posters advertising the Lion King. Again my Mum mentioned that she really wanted to see it...I took the hint, and booked 2 tickets for the Mother's Day weekend.

It was her Birthday last week, so I told her that I had booked the Lion King and an overnight stay in London, plus restaurant reservations for us both on Mothering Sunday as her joint Birthday/Mother's Day present. She was thrilled!

But why am I not excited?! :confused: I guess I'm really not sure what to expect, and haven't heard much about it...Has anyone been to see it at the Lyceum Theatre, is it any good? I would love your opinions! :D

Hugs x x x

Sound's like a lovely thing for your mum hun. I dunno, maybe you're not so excited because you've planned it all for your mum? And maybe you're slightly scared deep down somewhere, that you're scared it might all go wrong last minute.

I'm sure as it gets closer you'll get that butterfly feeling of excitement!

Not been there myself hun, but have a lovely time!

I saw the Lion King show about 5 or so years ago - it was amazing!

My eldest son has gone on a school trip to see this today. Bet he's tired when he gets home. He left at 5.30am and won't be back until 11pm.I'm sure he'll enjoy it and hope you and your Mum do too.

I think maybe I am wanting reassurance that it is brilliant because it was quite pricey...I'm happy to pay £85 for each ticket, but want to make sure that it is bloody good IYKWIM !!!

Hugs x x x

I'm sure I will yeah! Been having a ganders at some reviews actually, and there are no negative comments. So I'm now looking forward to it! It'll be nice to spend time with my Mum too - she lives in Manchester and I'm in Bristol, so don't get to spend much time with her anymore.

xxx

Emma i have been and it's bloody brilliant. I got goose pimples all over when the music starts. The animals all come on to the stage down the aisles! It is breath taking and i'm sure if you love the theatre then you will love the Lion King. I know i shed a tear or two as it completely overwhelmed me. Let us know how you get on!!

Emma...you will LOVE it!!!!!!

It has to be one of the best musicals ive ever seen..as stinkybreath says the animals are all around you its amazing i was watching with my mouth aghast most of the night lol

You'll enjoy it loads xxxx

I wet to see it a couple of years ago when my daughter was about 8. It was great I really enjoyed it. I am sure you and your mum will have a great time. The costumes and sets where great.

Ooh you're all getting me excited now!!! :d

Have a Fab time

It is bloody amazing - one of the best west End shows I have ever seen.

So clever and you soon forget that the puppets aren't real.

I would love to see it again. Am sooo jealous

Well, my 16 year old non theatre loving son thought it was "FANTASTIC". SO I guess that's a huge thumbs up. Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks so much for your input guys, it does sound brilliant and I am now very much looking forward to it. After the show I shall let you all know how it went. I'll also be armed with my camera and taking pictures so you can have a peek at me (hoping to have lost at least 1.5 stone by then :D )

Hugs x x x

Just seen this question. Wonderful musical - I took a friend for his birthday (similar age to me) six years ago and we both loved it, hope you have a great time x

Oh i am sooooooo jelous! I have seen the Lion King twice and would happily go again. You and your Mum will have a wonderful time :) Enjoy sweetie x x x x

Back