Lipotrim 2009! Lots of New Members - Shall we do an Intro Thead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad to have found this site, I first came across Lipotrim earlier this week while researching diets on the internet - I cannot believe I've never heard of it before.

We have just moved to a new area and I'm desperately trying to lose the weight I've put on over the past five years. My first stop was my new GP (or rather the Nurse - I was told I'm not big enough for any other help than healthy eating advice and a fortnightly weigh-in at the surgery... I'M 14 STONES 5 POUNDS and 5'6"! ). After three long months following the nurse's advice (all of it sensible) I failed to lose any weight so I demanded an appointment with the GP. I went in asking for an appetite suppressant (My problem now is the amount of food I eat rather than the type of food, a few years ago I was prescribed Xenical which really worked but then I started a new relationship, fell pregnant and stopped taking it). I came away empty-handed and deflated after being told I'm, 'borderline' for treatment and to come back in a month or so. In other words I have to get fatter to get help. The first thing I did when I got home was stuff my face with chocolate, I was so fed up.

My BMI means I'm already in the obese category, although I'm quite fit (just not as fit as I used to be) and do not have high blood pressure, etc. I'm a size 18. I was two stones lighter when I was prescribed Xenical by a previous GP, I don't understand why I cannot get medical help now. If I'd known about Lipotrim before my last appointment, I would've asked my GP for it. I've made a new appointment for Mon and will enquire about it then. If he refuses to put me on the programme, I'll simply purchase it via a Pharmacy.

I want to lose weight for the summer, my husband and I would like to try for another baby this year (I'm 33 this year, my husband will be 36 and our little girl has just turned 2) but I am scared of getting bigger or - even worse - the health of my unborn baby being compromised by my size. I was 12st 7lb when I last fell pregnant. My pregnancy was horrendous, I had terrible morning sickness, followed by HG and I also developed migraines. I still managed to pile on the pounds and haven't managed to shift them (yet).

So, I think Lipotrim is the way forward for me.

Hi all, i'm starting lipotrim this thursday after a month or so break from lighter life! I'm very much looking forward to finishin my weight loss journey and SOON!!!!

Hi all. I did lipotrim for 4 weeks last summer and lost stone & half but didnt manage to stick to it due to work pressures etc.
Am now back on it (currently on day 5) and am determined to stick with it this year.
Got a wedding to attend in 5 weeks time and would love to be able to go out and buy a size 16 outfit (I am currently 18/20) fingers crossed for us all
Kels xxx

hello all, well done on all your efforts, I am on my second week, feeling really low because of various things, I just hope I won't give up, I cheated a few times at the begining of the week and I felt disapointed with myself but I picked myself up and it's going well, so can't wait until tomorrow, I am not expecting much but a few lbs will be good. anyways good luck y'all.

Hi All. Started Lipotrim last Wednesday. Have heard most people lose 10lbs or so in the first week. Now, I havent been cheating and have been drinking plenty of water, headache on one day, ok ..... my morning 'regularity' has been interrupted... but I've been 13st 2lb for the past three days! Whats the story with that??? My 1st weigh ins tomorrow and I'm not delighted with the 6lbs I've lost, feeling a bit dejected as I'd hoped for something a bit more dramatic - this isn't easy after all! ;) But its do or die this time. I've never done Lipotrim before so it's my final blow to this nemesis of mine! LOL!

hiya argot, the first week your losing mostly water that is held in your muscles etc so I would not worry about that. I'm heading to my 2nd weigh in this evening (finger crossed goes well). I haven't cheated but what I lose this week I believe will be fat and cannot wait to get any fat off me.

So don't be disheartened, you will notice and some people lose more at the start and less later on, and others don't as much at the start and then have average losses continuously. But you are heading in the right direction. A loss is a loss.

Hey newbies, take it from a woman with a 38 year, yo-yo dieting past....this IS THE fastest, most painless way of shedding weight I have ever found and I've done them ALL........After a couple of weeks, I didn't get any more hunger pangs or cravings...yes really! I will now start re-feeding as my final week 10 WI is tomorrow, (Wednesday) I haven't reached my target because I look the way I should NOW! At a size 14 for my large frame and age, (54) I really cannot lose more or my boobs will be empty sacs and my face will look older and gaunt....I actually LOVE my curves as they are now and so does my wonderful OH.

introduction

Big hello to all fellow lipotrimmers :D

I just started LT last week, on day 5 now and getting along ok. My first WI is Thursday but so far I've lost 4 lbs which is pretty good going!

I'm very pleased to have found this forum as I've visited other places which were not supportive or even friendly when I mentioned the "L" word... LOL.

Anyway, it's great reading your posts. All very inspirational so thank you:grouphugg:

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
hi currently on cc which i am not sticking to at all , done lipo a few years back and lost 30 pounds ,gained bout stone since im in 2 minds weather to start again just really cheeesed off that i cant stick to anything,would really love to have bout 2 stone off by the end of july so i really need to do something fast!!:wave_cry:

Hi All, Argot here - my 1st WI today and I lost 8lbs. Satisfied with that - am hoping to do the same next week and then I will be pleased. I am probably a bit hard on myself - it did take years to put on so its hardly going to come off at the click of a finger! Gto a couple of the flapjacks and they are predictably Atkins flavoury if anyone can identify with that. I did find the one I ate satisfying. Certainly not moreish though! Good luck this week everyone and hang in there. We can We can WE CAN!!!;)

Well done Argot and you thought you'd lose less!!
I've my WI today and think it'll be around 6 pounds. I'll be happy with any loss as Aoife said "a loss is a loss".
We need to remember that is has taken years of bad habits to get to our current unhappy sizes. It is very unrealistic and bit unhealthy to hope to lose it all in a couple of weeks.
Part of the reason this programme works, and is working for me, is that it's given me the opportunity to see my eating habits have been really unhealthy:
->overeating to "fill up" when I didn't need to in reality
->picking a lot throughout the day without thinking about what I was putting in my mouth and round my waist
->eating socially to have fun rather than based on actual dietary need

The list is a work in progress and is helping me unravel the causes for my becoming overweight in the first place.
LT is giving me the time and space to identify the problems and then rectify them later for a lifetime of good health... but I know this is down to me following the plan and then maintaining myself healthily from there on. I really don't want to have to do this again!!!!
Wish me luck on the WI - I'll post back here later with result (God, I'm actually nervous :))

Last edited:
Lost 7 pounds - Yay:D

ps. I agree Argot the flapjacks are defo NOT moreish (thank the lord!!!)

new to lipotrim. .

hi i'm monica and on day 6 of lipotrim, going good so far, this is the first tfr i've tried and feel good doing it, had the knowing looks of previous diets such as you'll not last but with this one i know i can and i will. off to vegas in october for my first holiday abroad so want to feel comfortable and healthy to enjoy it.
not having any side effects so far apart from a sore head on the first day but put that down to no diet cola which is a normally daily drink. i'm even managing the cooking and baking required at my work, helps that they all know i'm doing it so are supportive even the kids :D.
Glad i've found a forum on LT as so far i'm the only one doing it although i've a few more interested in it once they see how i get on.
been reading lots of posts and well done everyone.

Hey Monica,
Well done on gettting to day 7 (today) :clap: I'm looking forward to hearing your WI result as I bet you are too! I'll head over to the weigh in thread now - I find it really helps keep me on track and motivated to hear how everyone is feeling and the results they're getting too!

All the best and may the force be with you:D

Fi

first time on the site. started lipotrim yeaterday. having headaches most of the day. trying to drink lots of water. any other advice?

headaches

Hi poppy,

I got terrible headaches on 2nd day which were dulled by drinking lots of water - constant sipping and eventually disappeared by day 3. So water is your man here.

Also be aware if you're drinking less caffeine than before as this can also cause bad headaches which is why the advice is not to stop your caffeine intake suddenly on this diet.

Headaches can also come from sugar/carb withdrawal and will be helped by water, patience and time - honestly;)

Best of luck on your journey and remember if pain gets really bad due to a fever or something that you can use normal "uncoated" paracetamol as a painkiller. However, most likely the pain is the result of the above and not illness. If they don't go away call your pharmacist tomorrow for advice!!

Fi

Hello everyone, I am new to this and am seriously thinking about starting lipotrim. I currently weigh 17st 8lbs. I have been overweight since I was 10 years old.

I have an underactive thyroid and I do take thyroxine for this, does anyone know if this will affect me being able to go on LT?

I am astounded by everyones weight loss's on here, we are going camping in 5 weeks time and ever if I could lose 1 stone by then I would be so happy. My daughter also starts school in September and I really dont want to be the fat mummy at the school gates.

I look forward to chatting to you all.

xx

hey guys..
started lipotrim for the second time 5 days ago.. (did it about a year ago) trying to stick to it.. but afraid of putting the weight back on like last time.
its tough sharing a house with a bunch of boys that can eat whatever they want.. and most of my friends actually. don't know how they do it.

the power of positive thinking

hey atmosphere,
Just a quickie to say hello and welcome to your journey.
Try not to focus on "last time" - this is my first and hopefully only time but I'd rather find a successful way of losing the weight than worry about possible failure. I think you need to be realistic but thinking positively needs to be the focus for all of us right now:D
This is just a temporary thing and we can all get to grips with our weight long term with a few healthy changes.
Wishing you lots of happy, motivating thoughts to help you on your first week:D

May the force be with ye

Fi
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back