Lots of new members - shall we do an intro thread?

Hi I'm Ruby,

I started Lighter Life at the end of July. Currently coming to the end of the second week. Not had the major loss I was expecting in my first week. I know vlcd's work, just a bit miffed at my own progress so far :(. I'd like to end up a nice size 12 if that makes sense.

Ruby:)

Welcome Liz - the second day of the rest of your life!

hey folks, im on day 4 of LL and i feel awful. im so light headed and dizzy, all i can think about is eating stodgy food and my breath stinks!! been feeling quite queasy all morning too, cant face the thought of having a foodpack yet. is it really going to get any easier???

Thank you Little Blue!

Delli - I am on day 6. I did have a bit of a headache on the second day but lots and lots of water, as well as a bit of sofa time, sorted that out.

I know what you mean about not wanting to eat a foodpack - but I find that I don't want to eat at all. Just think of it as a health drink/vitamin pill and force it down! I am sure it gets even easier as the days go on. Read through the threads and people's blogs - I found they really helped to motivate me.

Stick with it - when is your pop-in meeting?

Liz x

my first WI is on thursday, seems like a lifetime away!! according to my scales at home i lost 4lb in first 2 days, but havent been near them since. im at work at mo, as a receptionist in a hotel that also has a lovely restaurant. the smells coming outta the kitchen at the min are pushing me over the edge!! plus all staff are entitled to a free meal every day and theres an evil voice in my head saying 'its a free meal, go on ahead and eat it, ull feel loads better after you have it!' does this voice talk to anyone else or is it just me????

Do not listen to that voice. Everytime you are tempted think back to why you decided to do LL. There must have been a very good reason - remind yourself of that and think that however good the food smells it is just not worth it! Well done on the 4lbs. Keep going!!

Liz x

ive got a goal set, im going to blackpool on 28th sept for a hen night and we are all dressing up as pirates! i hope to lose about 20lbs by then. am going to keep thinking about that to get me through today!! apparently the first week is the hardest. thanks for the support liz, im finding this forum invaluable so far, even just reading previous posts gives u a boost. its nice to know ur not alone sometimes!!

Starting on Friday

Hi everyone

I am starting my LL journey this Friday. I have loads of weight to lose but am totally inspired at the moment.
Am looking forward to coming on here and sharing the journey with everyone over the coming months.

z3054545.gif

Welcome Janet and best of luck with starting LL on Friday!

Love Mini xxx

Day 2 of LL

Hi All,

I'm Vicky. I started LL on tues so first foodpack yesterday brekkie. (strawberry and I was pleasantly suprised - LOL)

I've got between 4.5 and 5.5 stone to lose - not sure till I get there! This was the last point for me. I'm 26 and have been to all the diet clubs out there on and off for the last 10 years. I have a 2 yr old son and I want more but am at risk of being quite ill if I fall pregnant again at this weight. The doc really hammered that home at my check up - OUCH!

Oh well day 2 and feelin good so far. I am dreaming about food though - accidently putting it in my mouth and then spitting it out. Anyone else have food dreams?

I'm hoping that this forum will help me get through this as my F&F don't yet get it.

Sorry long post!!!!!

xxx V

hey vicky, hope day 3 is treating u well!! i also had dreams of eating food but this stopped when i finished week 2. my f&f also find it hard to understand why im going to such extremes to loose weight, although they are supportive. think my OH is finding it particularly hard, especially as we are used to having takeaways most weekends, and last nite in particular he really wanted a chinese and wanted me to go with him to get it. (i live in the country and no delivery!) i would have loved one last nite but i told him no and i didnt want to watch him eating one but if he wanted to get one and eat it in the kitchen i wouldnt mind. so he decided against getting one and had beans on toast instead, which i happily made for him. sorry this isnt a very exciting post, but then again it isnt a very exciting diet!! suppose im just saying that this diet affects more than just our weight and u have to be prepared for that.

Hi Delli,

Just about to head to bed after finishing day 4. Still feeling pretty good - had the odd moment when I've thought 'mmm I really fancy a ...' was pasta at lunch that my son was having!

Still, stuck with it and not a morsel of FOOD has passed my lips in just over 96hrs! How am I not starving!

Also tried the savory drink today - loved it! Surely it's just a stock cube though? Can we not get the same thing in the supermarket much cheaper?

I am going to my first LL meeting tomorrow at 09.30. Will I start tomorrow? Shall I not eat anything and get my packs and begin or am I supposed to start on Wednesday. Can't get hold of LLc - so not sure.

Just had what will probably be my last breakfast for 200 days.... feels very odd, bit like a death scentance , although I know I am not supposed to be thinking like that. Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life and all that! In fact if I am honest I am terrified.

Hi Drama Queen,

I had my first meeting on Tuesday night last week and ate normally on Tuesday then started with foodpacks on Wednesday morning. That said I have heard of people who start straight after their first meeting. I guess it's just down to what works for you.

Well done on embarking on this journey! I have 1st weigh in tomorrow!

Vicky Lou Good luck with your first weigh in. Can't wait to see how you do. That'll be me, this time next week. I don't think I will sleep tonight I FEEL SICK!

1st weigh in tomorrow!!!!

Hi Drama Queen,

I'm not sure I'll sleep much tonight either!! Not nerves though - I've been super thirsty all day and must've drunk about 6/7 litres (lost track after 4!)

Good luck for tomorrw to you too.

weight.png

Hi, I'm Ellie. I have just restarted lighterlife. I've got a long long way to go but Cinderella must go to the ball next year and being fat just wont do!

Hi there
I am spoogs and I started LL yesterday, after going to my meeting on Monday night.
I have found it easy to drink the water, but find the foodpacks had to consume. I made the mistake of smelling the raspberry shake powder before addiing water and then found it difficult to swallow. That said, the vanilla with an espresso in it, the strawberry and the chocolate all seem fine.
I have lots to lose - ideally around 7 stone.

Back