Lipotrim 2009! Lots of New Members - Shall we do an Intro Thead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey thanks...
its great to get positive support. can't really tell that many of my friends because they all give me the 'you're crazy, no food' lecture.
nd you're right.. i just have to keep thinking about how great i'll feel. nd actually changing my lifestyle instead of just going back to eating crap again..
and good job on you're part. i hope it is it your one and only time on it.

Good afternoon all,

Am on my first day - have had a meeting with biscuits and a lunch with clients and do you know what??? So far I just don't want to eat anything.

I feel like this is fully the start of my life!!!

hi loulatyler
i'm also new to lipotrim i'm on my second week i started on the 7 th may, have so far lost 7lbs with my next weigh in wed, i have at times struggled but just remind myself why i'm doing this and stay possitive,if any help i mix my shakes with ice and use a hand blender and they taste great my fav is the soup,i also make 5 50ml volvic bottles with water, so that way i know im drinking my 4 pints a day, anyway good luck and don't give in!

Thanks for the link Chocoholica, I have decided to go for it.

However, I went to the pharmacy today and they no longer do it arghhhhh, they phoned the one in the next town for me and the woman who does it there is on holiday till next week.

Problem is I really wanted to get started this week as I am focused on it and dont want to miss my moment!

Hi everyone, i started lipotrim today. I am currently 13 stone 2 ibs and am getting married in 4 weeks and 3 days, i am hoping to lose 2 stone or even close to it within the next 4 weeks.

Wish me luck :)

welcome to all new losers and hi to older ones ;)

Big hello to all new starters;)

And you're most welcome atmosphere!

I'm almost finished day 11 and had a pretty tough one today:cry::copon: he he! I was at a beautifully catered conference and surrounded by a variety of amazing foods all bloody day long LOL. However, just wanted to let you all know that I got through it - hungrily - but got through which is the main thing. My god when I got my hands on my soup this evening I was in heaven:giggle:
WE CAN DO THIS GUYS - YES WE CAN:grouphugg:
I have been feeling hungry but reckon I've been drinking more coffee than normal and probably not enough water to compensate. So drink up everyone :party0036:
Cheers to you all

Fi

xx

good job chocoholic..
on it nearly a week, not hungry at all. its the smells of the food that get me. But i fit in to my skinniest of skinniest jeans today... WOOO! I'm so happy i'm been dancing around all day.
I think the best way to not break is to think about how happy you will be when you're finished this.
I hope everyone is doing good.

to atmosphere and ckd123

thanks for the support:thankyou: and good job on the jeans!!! My clothes are really getting looser which is fantastic!

Hello to ckd123:
"i started lipotrim today. I am currently 13 stone 2 ibs and am getting married in 4 weeks and 3 days, i am hoping to lose 2 stone or even close to it within the next 4 weeks."
Just wanted to say that the guide on LT is to lose about a stone a month not 2 so be careful with yourself as you want to be happy and healthy for the big day (congrats BTW) The low cal diets can make you feel quiet down and cranky at times and if you're feeling stressed it might be worse... So take your time and stay realistic to avoid misery, disappointment and emotional eating after the diet:eek: More importantly you'll feel much better even with losing the stone. Actually to lose a stone in a month is pretty amazing! Also remember you'll need to factor in your "refeed" to avoid piling all the weight back on immediately, as you won't be happy drinking shakes on your wedding day and not being able to have even one drink!!!! (Drinking alcohol while in ketosis is v dangerous.) Not refeeding properly could harm your metabolism too.
Good luck & take care, Fi

Last edited:
Hi Guys

I started LT yesterday and so far so good. To tell you the truth Im enjoying the challenge:eek:

Ive always been big but this is the biggest I have ever been. While trying on a swimming costume at weekend I just thought "oh my god" so first thing monday I started.

Im 26years old and weigh 15st 11 I could have cried when I looked at the scales but Im determind to lose the weight. Just wish I had started sooner.

I look forward to talking to you all and reading your stories x x x:D

Hey you guys,
Linda here. I am on Day 6 here & feeling great. Hungar seems to be keeping at bay, but I think the weekends will be harder. I went back to the pharmacy to get weighed today & so so disappointed as they told me that I only lost 4lbs :confused::confused::confused:. I can't believe it, I've done everything right .......drinking tons of water, no cheating etc. Though on my home scales I reckon I've lost between 7-8lbs. Seems a little mad:confused:. The girl questioned if I had followed all the instructions. I mentioned that I did take peppermint tea and actually she advised me against it totally and should stick to the water & black tea/coffee when I need to. I'm keeping my hopes up here & keeping going (thank God for ye guys & the site). I'm actually thinking now maybe its the pharmacy scales, I know it sounds mad, but it was in a different area of the room this time & with an uneven floor, maybe that had something to do with it. To be honest, when she weighed me initially, it was lighter than I expected as I was more on my own scales. Another factor could be I got weighed initially in the morning & now just got weighed in the evening.
Anyway, its onwards & upwards. Ive decided to get weighed on a Saturday from now on as its easier than trying to rush from work on a Wed afternoon. So maybe maybe when I go back in this Saturday, things might be different. I know this diet and know it works, so I'm not giving up hope at all yet ..... just a blip!!
Hope everyone else is doing well .... just remember WE CAN DO IT!!!! :):):)

Ok this is my return to Lipotrim. I started it last year when I weighed in at 18 stone 5. I was less than impressed with myself and went on a Lipotrim journey that lasted 3 months and resulted in me losing just over 4 stone!! I was single at the time and in the 3 months I was on Lipotrim I handed my notice in, found the man I moved in with in January and started a new job so everything was going really well. However in the flushes of romance I stopped it and have put about 2 stone back on. Last week I started it again, not only to try and lose the 2 stone I have put back on but also to get to the 11 stone I was aiming for at the first attempt. I will not lie and say it has been easy. It has been incredibly hard and I have fallen off the wagon today. So I thought I would try and find some site and forum where I can share how well it is going and who can talk me away from the bread bin (I am a carbohydrate junky!!) and here I am. I get weighed on Saturday and hopefully I will lose about 5lbs? I will be happy with that any way.

Fingers crossed anyway

Mels xx

:gen147::devilangel::thankyou::sign0144:

Hi again. I was wondering if anyone else has had some of these symptoms..
Today I am feeling really queasy and weak. But i've done this before nd this didn't happen, plus i'm a week and a half into it.
Also, this is a strange one, is anyone else using the depo injection? 3 month contraception? It stops your periods. haven't had one in about 6 months, which is fine with me. However have gotten one now. Could it be the diet?
And chocoholic? how dangerous is it to drink in ketosis. would it be safer to eat something to take you out of ketosis nd then drink?

hey there atmos / drinking in ketosis

Hey there Atmosphere and hi to mels and linda:D

About drinking in ketosis:
This is a definite no no as it can cause you to collapse or even die - no joke. Please read the article here and the following posts to inform yourself
http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-forum/28768-drinking.html
It shocked the hell out of me so I definitely will not be drinking any alcohol whatsoever while in ketosis. You can drink safely when you are not in ketosis ie. eating properly again.
Menstruation:
A number of lipotrimmers have posted regarding odd happenings with their periods etc. Maybe if you do a search for "TOTM" or "period":eek: in the posts section they will come up for you to read yourself. From my reading, it seems quite common for them to appear after a long absence or to come and go erratically also. In fact one member is getting it checked out with her dr at the moment which I hope gets sorted out for her quickly. Have to say, I'm having no probs in that regard but I guess if a person is quite heavy then loses lots of weight it's bound to effect their TOTM just as it does when you're too light or really sporty - it can simply vanish;) If you're worried about it I would advise telling your pharmacist and maybe organising an appointment to see your GP to check you over. Probably best to use extra protection at this time until you know you're safe;)
Check out http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-forum/93453-does-anyone-else-have-period-problems.html

BIG WELCOME to Mels and Linda:wavey:
Stick around on this forum as it will really help you stick to LT. We're very lucky to have it and each other!
"STAY AWAY FROM THE BREAD BIN!!!!!":asskick::copon::D:D

Last edited:
i also just read a few bits about ketosis and alcohol. they said that the body burns the alcohol and then goes straight back into ketosis once is the alcohol is out of the system. I plan to drink only vodka and soda water. and be careful about how much i'm drinking.
could anyone confirm this?

atmosphere

PLEASE DON'T DRINK ANYTHING AT ALL - IT IS VERY DANGEROUS ON THIS DIET DUE TO THE VERY LOW CALORIE CONTENT AND LACK OF GLYCOGEN STORES.

Mini quoted this on a thread on drinking:
"DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE KETOTIC!
Alcohol is a powerful inhibitor of gluconeogenesis. In fact, it forces part of the gluconeogenic metabolic process into reverse. This means that if all the glucose in the blood is being derived from gluconeogenesis then the consumption of alcohol will inevitably cause the blood glucose level to fall. Worse still, the alcohol also stops ketone body production, thus leaving the brain entirely without fuel.
A person who is ketotic is 100% reliant on gluconeogenesis to maintain adequate levels of glucose in the blood. If, under these circumstances alcohol is taken, the person will become disorientated and might lose consciousness, not just from the alcohol, but from low blood sugar. Needless to say, this could be very dangerous, and even fatal.
Alcohol does not have these effects if the glycogen stores in the liver are normal. Under these circumstances the blood glucose level in the blood is maintained by the breakdown of liver glycogen, a process that is not influenced by alcohol. If a person becomes confused under these circumstances it is due simply to the pharmacological effects of the alcohol"

MINI QUOTED THIS ON THE LINK HERE SO PLS READ ABOUT WHAT'S HAPPENED TO PEOPLE WHEN THEY DRANK - IT'S FRIGHTENING:
http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-forum/28768-drinking.html

DRINKING DANGERS

i also just read a few bits about ketosis and alcohol. They said that the body burns the alcohol and then goes straight back into ketosis once is the alcohol is out of the system. I plan to drink only vodka and soda water. And be careful about how much i'm drinking.
Could anyone confirm this?

this diet is different - it is not atkins (drinking on atkins is bad for you too but shouldn't kill you)

Read this pls

I'm reposting something that a member, Kirsty wrote a while back: (originally reposted by Ollie http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-forum/28768-drinking-3.html)

I went out on Friday night and after much deliberation thought id be ok to have a drink.....i ended up only having 3 single drinks then stuck to water, i felt unwell and came home.

Luckily my sister was staying the night and my OH was home from worl because i collapsed TWICE!!!

I ended up in the Royal Hospital, by OH was told that my body was shutting down due to the ketosis and alcohol being mixed.

It was terribly scarey for both myself and my OH....i kno we all say there are dangers when drinking on LT but i just wanted to warn others as it is truely terrifiying!

I had no control of my body i.e legs arems and neck/head and also had blurred vision to the point i couldnt see anything.

Please DO NOT drink when on LT.

I have finally recovered- i was still unwell saturday and had the shakes untill sunday morning and also the dizziness.

PLEASE DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL WHILST ON LT!!

Take Care :wave_cry:

ok.. thanks.
definatly not drinking.. even though it'll be the most difficult part of this diet. friends party camping alnighter in a field..
but anyway.. thank you for the advice.
i'm sorry to fill this thread with questions but does anyone know after the refeed week, (or maybe two weeks) would it be ok to go on the atkins diet?

Yeah. The drinking thing is the hardest thing about this for me too. But I know it's just a temporary situation until I lose the extra weight. And losing the weight is more important to me than having a drink right now:p Maybe it would help to think about it this way:confused:;)

Best of luck with the all-nighter - sounds fun esp. if you take along some peppermint tea with sweeteners:eek:

Enjoy and may the (slimming) force be wit ye:D

Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back