lipotrim diet

charlene-wilson

Silver Member
hi, i started the programme tuesday 5th august 08 and im now on day 6. The lady at the chemist said by this day ketones will have kicked in. Should i feel any different? The first 2 days for me were the worst, i was grumpy and hungry but i woke up on day 3 and i was fine, no hunger pangs or moods, i was happy. Only today im extreamly hungry!! Dose anyone no why this might be? Im starting to think it might be because of that packet of crisps i had on day 4?? But surley 1 packet wouldnt hurt, would it? I really craved them!! I have had no head aches and the tiredness comes at its usuall time about 3-4pm. I have been feeling dizzy tho something i never had befor so i keep telling myself its because im tired, or could it be from the programme? Has anyone else suffered dizzines? When dose the bad breath come and the dry mouth? Anyone that can help me i would be grateful. Thanks Charlene,
If you are thinking of giving up, DONT keep going, im sure your doing really well. Read other peoples reviews!!
Please tell me if im using this site correctly, im new and a little unsure of what i am doing.

1 packet will hurt!! LT is a total food replacement program which means that not even the tiniest amount of food is allowed, certainly not packets of crisps!!

That said, everyone is different hun. I was okay on day 3 but then suffered badly on days 5 and 6 but then others find the first few days really hard and then fly through the rest of the week. It is different for everyone but generally people hit ketosis after day 4. However, if you're concerned you can purchase Ketostix from your chemist which test the ketones in your urine and well tell you that way.

Remember, no more picking!! ;) Little pickers wear bigger knickers lol

Good luck with the rest of the week hun, I look forward to hearing how you get on xx

On another thread you said you had a bag of crisps, a chip, some prawn crackers and some toast.

Lipotrim, as Rainbrow said, it Total Food Replacement. You cannot eat anything. Nada. Zip.

It is not like some other diets where you can have a little bit of something and make up for it later.

It is based on a biological state that your body goes into - ketosis. Even just a little bit of food will take you out of that state and then you will be hungry again. Ketosis takes away your hunger.

When you go back to food, you come out of ketosis and are hungry again.

If you eat - it will make you hungry. That's the bottom line.

If you haven't seen it yet - have a look at the lipotrim video on their website - it's about half an hour long and well worth watching a couple of times.

http://www.lipotrimburnley.co.uk/LipotrimPharmacyProgramme_160x120_9MB.wmv

ok, i take what you are saying on board, but your making it sound that i had a few prawn crakers! and more than a bite of toast! I had 1 prawn craker, and a bite of toast that mounted to no bugger then my thumb nail and yes i had a pack of crisps, this is far less than what some ppl have eaten in the first week. Now that i have gathered that this will affect the ketosis, please can anyone answer my other questions,when should i get bad breath, is anyone feeling dizzy,when should i get a dry mouth, and the head aches? Thanks Charlene

Those are all symptoms of Ketosis, so like I said, for most people it starts on day 4. You may be later in reaching ketosis however as you've eaten.

You seem to be taking a view that we're ganging up on you when that is that last thing we would do. We regular members want every new member to succeed on Lipotrim and so we advise them accordingly. You want to lose weigh obviously or you wouldn't be on Lipotrim in the first place, but for the program to work effectively and to its fullest potential you have to completely abstain from eating anything at all. Yes, other people have eaten more than you in their first week - they have also suffered bad losses and most have come off LT altogether as the longer you pick the longer you stay out of ketosis which means you are suffering for longer. The hunger and horrid side-effects will only dissipate once you are fully in ketosis and eating is not going to get you there, no matter how small the bites.

We are only trying to help you. Please don't take offense.

As for the dizzyness, this is perfectly normal, just take your time when going from a sitting position to standing and don't overdo any exercise.

Lol Vickie :D How you getting on anyway babe?

Lol Vickie :D How you getting on anyway babe?

really good thanks hun. i hit my 3stone target last week so i was pretty happy about that. set myself a mini goal for the next two stone so i'm on a mission to get to that.

how you feeling this weekend? i've been bizarrely positive lately - i think i must be ill? xx

Im forever being told that smoking is hard to give up, in a way i guess food is to. I found smoking easier to give up so i never thought it would be that hard for someone else. Well i have weigh in tomorrow and after that is all forcus on the next week, NO MORE FOOD!

Well that's exactly it hun, smoking is hard to give up and yet we don't need cigarettes to live so anyone who thinks doing LT is easy at first is severely mistaken. We need food to live and have developed habits regarding eating since we were born, be it only liking certain things or eating out of comfort/boredom.

The first week is always the toughest hun and you've made it thus far and should be very proud of yourself! As for the the no more food, that's the way to go ;) Honestly, it will make it so much easier on yourself in the long run as picking leads to eating which leads to binging which leads to staying overweight, and none of us want to be there :(

Wishing you the best of luck for your WI tomorrow, make sure to post on here how you get on - we have a Monday WI thread and each week try to see how much we can lose collectively - it's quite astonishing really!

Once again, good luck :)

Aww Charlene - I'm not having a go at you. It's just if there's one piece of advice I could give it would be - understand how this diet works. You can do that by talking to the pharmacist, watching the video, coming on here and asking for information - whatever. If you have a full understanding of what is going on in your body and why - it makes the diet much easier to follow.

I think most people probably agree that the worst part of this diet is the first few days - when you are not eating, having the shakes but are not yet in ketosis. That's when the side effects are (usually) worse. Headaches, feeling weak, no energy etc. Once you get past this - you are in ketosis and that's when the bad breath comes, along with (for some people) conspitation. Much of this can be resolved by drinking lots of water.

Once you get through the 'pain barrier' of the first few days - it becomes much easier. That's why people, including me, are giving you a bit of tough love about snacking. Because if you go out of ketosis and come back in - you have to go through all that pain again. Once you have your ketones, keep them until you are at target. Otherwise, you have to go through the pain and anguish of the first few days all over again.

Honestly - the very best thing to do is watch the video. All of your questions above are answered in the video - and more. It explains in detail how the diet affects your body, what ketosis is and how to get on with the diet.

Come here when things get tough. I'm on day five - I've stuck to it so far and it has been really really difficult - but I think (and hope) the worst side effects are now slowly going away. In those worst few days, I came here - asked questions, got tips and advice etc.

Good luck with it.

No picking!

David
x

Vickie - not so bad today, no energy for some reason though so just lolling about the flat and pishing around on the t'interwebby!

Really, really, really well done on hitting the 3 stone mark hunny!! That's amazing stuff!! So proud! :) Yeah, I've found that the mini targets don't seem so daunting as sitting there thinking 'good god I've still got 4 stone to lose :('. You'll do the 2 stone in no time ;)

David - fantastic post!! Rock on!! :D

Welcome Charlene to LT and this forum.

I'd say you were feeling rough today coz of the crisps which are carbs and may well have knocked you back.

Someone (Nic or Julz?) said it takes 21 days to kick a habit and you may find you struggle at first because you are so used to eating. I promise you that if you stick to LT with no nibbling then you will find the weight drops off and you aren't hungry!

Good luck with your WI and welcome to the Monday Club. We have lost, collectively, over 100lbs between us on previous weeks. Not sure if we have a target tomorrow as I was away last Monday so didn't weigh in.

Don't forget to let us know how you do but don't be disappointed if your first WI is not as significant as others have been, this will be coz of the crisps.

Take care.

x

I can't add more to what the huys up there have said.. they are abso-frikken-lutely bob-on....

No-one is having a go & we all want you to succeed :)

However this isn't a diet you can play at - you do or don't... it's that simple.

David's post was so so right - it's all about maintaining the balanced state of ketosis, the only sure way of doing this is following the programme to the letter. (David - I can't add anymore rep to you but wanted to say that if I could I would lol)

No more picking now ya hear :D

Back