Lipotrim newbie

sadieley

Hi all, am new to this and could do with some support? :D

Am on day 4 of programme, but struggling today, really hungry, had headaches but they have eased off, generally feeling yuk!! Help, when does this pass? Drinking loads of water....:tear_drop:

When does ketosis kick in and how will I know?

Am very determined and have not wavered at all, have lost weight already but am aware that this is fluid, looking forward to first weigh in .....

S xx:)

Hi Sadieley,
The first week is always the hardest, just keep thinking about that weigh-in at the end of the week and after you see the benefits it'll get easier.
you will know when your in ketosis as your mouth will start getting a nasty taste and unfortunately your breath will start to smell real bad, just keep drinking water and it helps.
if you have any questions just ask them on here, everyones here for each other and will help you best as they can, its easier talking to people going through the same thing as you.
good luck, and keep us all updated on your journey x

Just keep ur chin up... Your first weigh in isn't far away, focus on that...

You will feel better very soon xx

Good luck keep it up Hun x

Thanks guy's, am determined to see it through.

Have a yuk taste in my mouth so perhaps it's working. Has anyone tried the bars? Just tried the soup and shakes so far, the pharmacist said the bars were very dry?

Has anyone tried the peppermint tea? What brand is it? Worried I drink something that brings me out of ketosis (if I ever get there).

Im really pleased I have other people to talk to as I dont know anyone who has done this before .....:)

Last edited:
sadieley said:
Thanks guy's, am determined to see it through.

Have a yuk taste in my mouth so perhaps it's working. Has anyone tried the bars? Just tried the soup and shakes so far, the pharmacist said the bars were very dry?

Has anyone tried the peppermint tea? What brand is it? Worried I drink something that brings me out of ketosis (if I ever get there).

Im really pleased I have other people to talk to as I dont know anyone who has done this before .....:)

If your mouth is like kakka poo poo it going into ketosis, your wee wee will smell stronger too.

The bars are disgusting to me, extremely dry and errrr just yuk lol but some people swear by them... The one week I weighed in early so I had some spare shakes this enabled me to try things I want sure of.

I use twinings peppermint tea, infact I swear by it, I can't have my chocolate shakes with cold peppermint tea mixed in, I drink coffee all day as I find it helps with my head, but in the evening I have peppermint tea, i hated it at first but after a couple it really grew on me...

Hope all that helps... Good luck again xx

Sadie.. I replied to you on another thread hun, so have copied it to here x x x:

Hiya Sadie... Welcome to LT hun, and good luck x x

Ketosis differs for different-people... Some people say their wee smells, some get foul breath (ME!! lol) and a lot say that they no longer feel hungry... They say that you should get into ketosis around day 4, so it should be with you any day now.... You can drink nettle tea too-in fact any LEAF tea, and you are allowed TABLET sweetener (not the spoonable one) in your coffee/tea/shakes

You really are through the worst of it, it will get easier i promise... You are doing great hun, so keep going. x x

Yes the raspberry "leaf" tea makes the strawberry shakes better too lol

But make sure it's leaf... They sell this in holland and barrett just in case

Hi Sadie, I know how you feel. Day 6 and still starving! Not sure whether I should continue of stop... Also the pharmacy was closed when we got there (they should sell this at Boots and not at some small pharmacy) so no idea what I'm gonna do Monday morning for breakfast.

Hi Sadie,

I'm on day 3 and also hoping the hunger will pass soon! Well done for getting through the first few days according to everyone else that is the hardest part. I wish you well for your first weigh in and hope it's a big 'un!

Focussing on my goals and my future helps me to get through the day as does peppermint tea and black coffee. I've just tried some peppermint tea mixed with my choc shake and it was lovely and I tried a "peanut flapjack" only because my pharmacy gave me a free sample... the first and only bite made me gag, total disgustingness! I let my mum try a bit, however, and she quite liked it - describing the taste like a sweet biscuit with thick marmite on it, whatever floats your boat I suppose :S

Keep up the good work!

Paula

Thanks guy's, really appreciate your support. Im sitting writing this whilst my partner cooks some burgers...grrrrrr!!
I have to wait til Friday for my first weigh in (the way my shifts worked out) which means it will be a 10 day weight loss...:D
I can already feel that I have lost weight and that is also spurring me on. :p
I am going to nip to Tesco tonight and pick up some peppermint tea as I need something else to drink and keen to try it with a choc shake.
Mirjam, I met you earlier on a mutual friends facebook page......stick at it, it would be a shame to stop now. By the way we share the same pharmacy!
Paula, Amanda, Slimmersu and Becca, thank you for your support, I will be back on all the time now........ Sx:D

Good luck Sadie, day four is ending and I'm feeling great, but more tired than usual and my OH is taking the mick out of my breath!!! I know what you mean about feeling slimmer and therefore feeling more motivated, I'm sure it's psychological for me but I don't care coz it's keeping me on the straight and narrow! I wanted to try the bars but reviews haven't been good!

Lola... You do know you can get breath strips from your pharmacy hun... They work out quite expensive to use ALL the time though.... I only used mine when i knew i might talk to someone (school run, checkout at shops etc...)... Joe (OH) used to moan about my breath .. He said it smelt of poop!! lol.... I told him "tough"!! lol x x On a more positive note, LT breath is a great contraception!! pmsl x x

SlimmerSu said:
Lola... You do know you can get breath strips from your pharmacy hun... They work out quite expensive to use ALL the time though.... I only used mine when i knew i might talk to someone (school run, checkout at shops etc...)... Joe (OH) used to moan about my breath .. He said it smelt of poop!! lol.... I told him "tough"!! lol x x On a more positive note, LT breath is a great contraception!! pmsl x x

Haha!

Haha! Babies have to wait till after my wedding in may so now I'm torn about the strips!!!pmsl!!! I speak to customers face to face all day so I will have to get some, just maybe not bother in the evenings!

hiya hun, and welcome to the forum. Ketosis is but a day or so away keep at it. it will get easier. you are doing pretty amazing. xx

Hey guys,

Thought I'd add to this forum. I'm a Lipotrim newbie, started on Saturday 8th Jan so this is day 3 for me. So far all has been ok, apart from getting out of bed yesterday and this morning has been a nightmare. I feel zapped of energy. I thought I was going to pass out on the tube this morning! How long do the light heads last for?

I bought some Ketostix this morning and it looks like I'm already in Ketosis which is brilliant! Don't feel particularly hungry at all, but I do have a dry mouth. Worried I'm going to drink too much water!

The first week weigh ins for people seem to be amazing, i can't wait for mine. I was wondering though, because I'm slightly smaller than most people (4ft 11), therefore with slightly less weight, will my loss be slower?

Anyway, i've been reading these forums since I started and I have to say they have been very motivating. I hope everybody is having a nice day! xx

let me know what the bars are like i only drink chocolate the others i cant stomach but got a taste for the soup now

GOALS
get past 1st week
get in to 15 stone
get in to 14 stone
get in to 13 stone
get to 12 1/2 stone
more to follow

Hey guys, day 6 and I thought i'd turned the corner but feeling yuk again, got an itch to my skin, like hives, very dry mouth and lips and sooooo hungry! Have still not wavered and stuck religiously to programme. :cry:Have drunk loads of water today and seem to have never been off the loo...... help!!!

The dry lips and mouth are getting to me too! The corners are even cracking :(. I'm hoping my energy starts up in week two but I'm hopeful for weigh in tomorrow! Hope everyones feeling strong and empowered, keep it up x

Back