Lipotrim Oxo!!

Annmarie1307

Hi all
Can you help me please I've started Lipotrim one week ago (lost 7 so far!) and been told by friends you can have ham and eggs and it won't knock you out of ketosis...is this true? And I've been wondering if I can have an oxo cube with hot water? I was thinking it doesn't seem like much to have, and its kind of like having beef soup! And I'm sooo cold:jelous:. Would be really grateful for anyone s advice please ...thankyou so much xxx

these things won't knock you out of ketosis (tho not sure about the oxo?) however they will slow down your weight loss considerably, once you start eating its a slippery slope! I would avoid any form of food. Do you drink black tea or coffee? or green tea? Try making your shakes with hot water! A lot of people seem to like the choccy one made with peppermint tea, like hot choc mint! Good luck and stick with it, you have done so well x

Eggs can knock u out!!! I used to have a cup of tea with no milk if i felt cold. I wouldnt have oxo as its not recommended? Why do you want to eat ham and eggs?? LT is a TFR so no food really. If you want to eat anything go for veg or salad but i wouldnt bother in all honesty cause they may lead to more cravings sorry to be blunt :(

Hi hun, no ham and eggs are not allowed. Just the packs, sorry. If you are really cold, try your shakes hot, or try the chicken soup, that will help. Starting to pick at odd bits of food is the start of the slippery slope, you will be knocked out of ketosis and the hunger will kick in and you will end up back at day one.

No no no, once you start eating that's it!
Believe me, i lost 8stone and didn't slip once,
ever since, any time i restarted and ate things that "didn't knock you out of ketosis" I was off LT within 2 weeks.

For your own sake please don't go down that road!!
x

ever since, any time i restarted and ate things that "didn't knock you out of ketosis" I was off LT within 2 weeks.

x

GOOD ADVICE!!! X

x
Seconded (or thirded?)
Have a look at Cambridge if you don't think you can manage TFR. A friend has just started one of the Cambridge diet stages and she has 1 low calorie meal a day. LT is TOTAL food replacement though, so if you want it to work properly you'll have to follow the rules fully.
It's not all about ketosis - it's also about learning the difference between hunger and wanting to eat. You could try Atkins. I lost 5 stones on Atkins 3 years ago but put it all back because it didn't retrain me about portion control.

I'm sure you can do it - once you've been doing LT for a couple of weeks you'll stop feeling really hungry.

Good luck

Jon

As everyone has said.. its really not worth it...

You have managed this far without eating.. If it has been a full week then you should be in ketosis now and not feeling hungry... And if this is the case.. its just the old you that WANTS to eat.. which is the reason why we are all on / have been on Lipotrim...

What is the point in paying so much for the diet weekly when ever your going to break it...

And regard to the oxo.. I wouldnt as it will be introducing more flavours which will then start up cravings for other things..

Lipotrims flavours are meant to be plain and have the set flavours to help ensure that cravings dont start up..

Honestly, stick to the plan!

As some on mentioned.. Leaf teas are allowed... Peppermint was my favourite.. its nice warm or cold.. and I especially loved it mixed with the vanilla shake..

Do you not like the soup? That warms you up!

Hi Annemarie,

Ask your 'friends' where they got their info from? I'd say they are probably starting to see a difference in you and just maybe there is a little jealousy. It may not be a weight loss difference, it may be your strength & determination they are seeing, something that scares some people.

I can only echo what others have said. Its simply not worth eating at all. In another week you may well have lost a stone. Then your clothes will start to feel looser.

I found friends used to say things like 'its only a salad' or 'surely one glass of wine wont matter'............... well yes it does.

The sachet give us the minimum of our required minerals. An oxo cube is highly salty and will add to the sodium in your body, Im not a physiologist but I'd say that it could add to water retention. Just trying to think back to my 1st year module now as to how that works but water tends to stay with sodium.

Good luck & I hope you are ok and sticking with it!

Hi

I have to echo what everyone else has said....at the end of it, this is TFR....which is Total Food Replacement and that is what it is there for, to replace food. This isnt the easiest of diets, but the results talk from themselves AND it isnt for ever either.

We will all crave at some point, the problem lies when we decide to sway off the path of total TFR.

Try and ask yourselves some serious questions sweetie....why do you want to eat..I know you say you are cold..I am constantly cold with having thyroid problems, but I have the soup once a day and I keep myself well wrapped up as well...there are other ways other than eating to keep you warm...just another habit we have to learn.

Dont give up now; you have actually got through the worst of it by getting into ketosis..why jeopardise all your hard work!

Hope you make the right decision and listen to others as well...we are all in it together and know exactly how you feel, but you will feel on top of the world after the craving has gone and you have not given in!!!

Take care

Oh you poor thing we all so understand how you feel. I remember when i first started LT 1st time round i felt exactly the same as you do know, looking for any kind of food to help me get through. But it is just old habits as people have said and i promise you will not enjoy what you eat and you will be fed up after!

One thing i did do which weirdly did help, someone told me IF i had to eat something then eat a little plain grilled chicken breast, it would harm the diet but prob best thing to go for. I bought the chicken breast and cut it into small peices with the intention that i would have one piece in the fridge at all times and freeze the rest. Just knowing it was there if i did give in really helped, i think the fact we keep telling ourselves we are not allowed to eat can sometimes backfire. Try telling yourself you can eat but you choose not to. I never ate the chicken, i knew i would regret it the min i took a bite, i used to throw it away after a couple of days and get another piece out of the freezer, just so it was there. Why break it for something as boring as plain chicken- no chance!
I hope i have helped a little but if that seems like madness then please just hang on in there, it does get easier!!

I cant offer much more than anyone else has but i will say (and sorry for being brutally blunt) but if you are considering eating things that might not knock you out of ketosis are you really committed to a TFR diet?

Sure, ham or eggs might not knock you out but what is the point? You are paying so much each week for your 'food' then wasting more money on more food .... in my eyes a total waste.

Like someone else said - if you really cant manage a TFR diet then look at other options :)

Hi everyone

Thankyou sooo much for all your kind and helpful replies. This forum is just great. and its so lovely to have all that advice and support from people who know. Right, I'm going to stick to the shakes then. Your replies have really inspired me. Thankyou so much
Good luck everyone and thanks again !!xxx

YAY!:clap: Good choice well done, you won't regret it!

Brilliant - and don't forget lots of water (fizzy is more filling) and you will be fine.
Good luck

Jon
xx

Hi everyone

Thankyou sooo much for all your kind and helpful replies. This forum is just great. and its so lovely to have all that advice and support from people who know. Right, I'm going to stick to the shakes then. Your replies have really inspired me. Thankyou so much
Good luck everyone and thanks again !!xxx

YAAAAY! Glad to hear it!

Back