Lipotrim TFR - Final Stint

GemBino

Silver Member
Hi All

Here I am again.

I’m on Day 3 of Lipotrim TFR and I’ll be doing Lipotrim until October 15th - 7 weeks TFR followed by the Lipotrim refeed and I’m hoping to lose 1st 7lb / 2st in that time.

A little bit of background......

I’ve been on and off Cambridge Diet and Lipotrim over the past year and I’ve gradually got my weight down from 15st 12lb to 11st 9lb (I’m 5’ 4” and 30 years of age).

I gained a significant amount of weight in 2017 due to an episode of poor mental health and consequently ate my emotions and became trapped in the vicious circle of Overeating > Feeling Guilty > Low Self Esteem > Overeating > Feeling Helpless..... I still cannot believe I let things spiral out of control in the way that they did, but I cannot dwell on that! My medication also didn’t help as, whilst I am aware that I was putting the food in my mouth - the medication was definitely a contributing factor of my manic overeating behaviour.

Upon reflection, I was in complete denial, I felt so hopeless and trapped - I hid myself away at home and binged my way into oblivion. I look back and I feel as though I don’t even know who that person was. I realise now that everything had caught up with me and I was struggling to cope. I felt so ungrateful as I have a wonderful husband, lovely family and friends, a lovely home and a job I love - this just made me feel even more guilt as I couldn’t justify the way I was feeling and I realise now that giving myself such a hard time over something which, at the time I could not control, only made everything so much worse. Isolating myself also didn’t help! At all.

I’ve never been completely “happy” with my figure which makes me feel sad in itself as we’re more than our weight / dress size - we are humans with our own attributes, which is what those around us love us for - not the number on the scales. Rather than scrutinising myself in the mirror and putting myself down, I’m learning to focus on the positives so I can get myself back to a healthy mind and body.

I’ve learnt a lot this last year and I hope sharing my experience will comfort others who may have experienced something similar.

Gem xxxx

Last edited:
What a great post, Gem.

I found some trousers I wore when I was 16. I thought I was fat then. I gave myself the identity that I was fat. Most shops only went up to size 14 then - apart from Evans Outsize. Yup ...that was it's name. I made most of my clothes. The trousers were size 16. That's 1970s version of size 16. I must have been fabulous - with a great curvy figure. Certainly not fat. And yet - I considered myself the fat friend. And then lived up to that - getting fatter and fatter 1/2 stone or so a year. My mind was certainly not seeing reality.

What a great post, Gem.

I found some trousers I wore when I was 16. I thought I was fat then. I gave myself the identity that I was fat. Most shops only went up to size 14 then - apart from Evans Outsize. Yup ...that was it's name. I made most of my clothes. The trousers were size 16. That's 1970s version of size 16. I must have been fabulous - with a great curvy figure. Certainly not fat. And yet - I considered myself the fat friend. And then lived up to that - getting fatter and fatter 1/2 stone or so a year. My mind was certainly not seeing reality.

I bet you was fabulous! 14 isn’t fat and nor is a 16 - it is good to have shape and curves. It’s such a shame you felt that way Ali.

I also gave myself the identity of being “big” when I was young and it has always stuck. I was normal sized I guess, but my friends were so petite, size 4’s and 6’s - I’m only 5’ 4” and I felt like a giant blob next to them.

I personally don’t think social media helps (but maybe that is just me and my insecurities), they all look so perfect (not to mention exactly the same with the surgical enhancements - but each to their own I suppose). I worry for the younger generation (teenagers) as they’re growing up with unrealistic body images wondering why they don’t look like the cast of Love Island, Kim Kardashian etc 🙈 (Who are beautiful, but more diversity is needed!), beauty comes in all shapes and sizes - (plus, you can be the most beautiful looking person on the outside, but if you’re not a good person with a kind heart then.....) xxxx

Last edited:
Almost through the first week of Lipotrim.....6 weeks to go and then 1-2 weeks of refeed.

I really need to do this. I’ve had enough of feeling gross, insecure and unhealthy xxxx

Hiya Gem - good start! Insecurity can follow one down the scales - so look after yourself in other ways, growing a shiny spine and wonderful attitude!

Moving on down!

Hi Girls loved reading your posts. I can really identify with the "fat friend" scenario Ali. I have a weight obsessed Mother who decided to take me to WW when I was 11. Looking back at the few photographs I have of the time I really can't see a problem now. I was 5' 7" and around 11 stone. So the dieting and binge eating began. I really want to successfully manage my weight mainly for health reasons. Looking better is an added bonus.

Like Gem, and many others, I have very low self esteem and sometimes feel that I don't "deserve" to be slim. And yes Gem it is about the mind as much as the body.

I have had a week of false starts but reading your posts has really helped me. Gem you are so right to be delighted about achieving your 6th day of TFR. I know how hard it is and I also know how good it feels to go to bed at night knowing you have done one more day.

Ali I love you're reference to clearing the clutter. I have A LOT of clutter. LOL. You are doing so well.

I am determined to make tomorrow the first step of my journey (believe me I have had many journeys) ;).

Thank you both for being there. XXX

Hi Girls loved reading your posts. I can really identify with the "fat friend" scenario Ali. I have a weight obsessed Mother who decided to take me to WW when I was 11. Looking back at the few photographs I have of the time I really can't see a problem now. I was 5' 7" and around 11 stone. So the dieting and binge eating began. I really want to successfully manage my weight mainly for health reasons. Looking better is an added bonus.

Like Gem, and many others, I have very low self esteem and sometimes feel that I don't "deserve" to be slim. And yes Gem it is about the mind as much as the body.

I have had a week of false starts but reading your posts has really helped me. Gem you are so right to be delighted about achieving your 6th day of TFR. I know how hard it is and I also know how good it feels to go to bed at night knowing you have done one more day.

Ali I love you're reference to clearing the clutter. I have A LOT of clutter. LOL. You are doing so well.

I am determined to make tomorrow the first step of my journey (believe me I have had many journeys) ;).

Thank you both for being there. XXX

Thank you VP. It is comforting to know others can relate to you and your experiences and viceversa :)

Take it one day at a time. You’re in control - don’t let food control you. I have to constantly remind myself that all the foods I love will still be there (in moderation) when I’ve reached my target weight. (Especially when my Husband is snacking on crisps sitting next to me :oops:).

It know it feels somewhat miserable doing Lipotrim, but I was already miserable being the size that I am so at least feeling miserable on Lipotrim will only be temporary.

I have a wedding in Cyprus in just over 8 weeks, which is helping with my motivation, (especially as I am going with my teeny tiny friend who is a size 8).

I have done Lipotrim for 7 weeks before so I know I can do it again. And I will 🙌🏼

Has anyone used the Ketone sticks? I’ve never bothered before, but I bought some out of curiosity and I’m in a ‘light to medium state of ketosis’ according to my test strip 👌🏼

Thank you Gem. Yes I am also more miserable being this size than I am when I am doing TFR. And, as you say, it is temporary.

The Wedding in Cyprus sounds lovely. And I'm sure you will look and feel great.

I have used the Ketone sticks in the past but if you're sticking to TFR they aren,t strictly necessary. I also feel that they can give us something else to stress about and we really don't need any more of that.

Keep on keeping on Gem and thank you for your encouragement :)

Thank you Gem. Yes I am also more miserable being this size than I am when I am doing TFR. And, as you say, it is temporary.

The Wedding in Cyprus sounds lovely. And I'm sure you will look and feel great.

I have used the Ketone sticks in the past but if you're sticking to TFR they aren,t strictly necessary. I also feel that they can give us something else to stress about and we really don't need any more of that.

Keep on keeping on Gem and thank you for your encouragement :)

I couldn’t agree more with your comment on the Ketosis sticks! I used them four times yesterday haha.

How are you? How did you get on yesterday?

Hi Gem hope you're ok. Neither yesterday or today have gone as planned but I'm not giving up. :)

Lol re the Ketosis sticks.

Despite my unsuccessful attempts I find motivation from yourself and others on this Forum. :)

Hi Gem hope you're ok. Neither yesterday or today have gone as planned but I'm not giving up. :)

Lol re the Ketosis sticks.

Despite my unsuccessful attempts I find motivation from yourself and others on this Forum. :)

Pleased to hear that. Best of luck to you VP - I know just as well as any that you have to do this in your own time and be in the right headspace xxxx

I need to keep busy to distract myself from food thoughts this weekend..... I don’t know why I find weekends the hardest? 🤔

I realise that I literally eat food for all reasons, not just because of hunger..... I eat through boredom, when I’m happy, sad, stressed....and sometimes just because it’s there 🤭

Back