Liquorice tea

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by lornameg, 28 June 2014.

1. lornameg

lornameg Well-Known Member

have found this recently. I love all things liquorice, and this tastes just like the liquorice root I used to chew as a child.
  2. lentil2

lentil2 Well-Known Member

I love liquorice too but I find the tea too sweet for me.
    Apparently liquorice is used as a natural sweetener in things so I guess it makes sense even though I don't find liquorice itself to be sweet! Odd!
  3. CharlieJYN

CharlieJYN Well-Known Member

I love liquorice tea although have to leave the tea bag in for quite a while as otherwise I find it's more sweet without the lovely taste.
  4. janetelizabeth

janetelizabeth Well-Known Member

I love liquorice too but I don't eat it often because it's hard to find it without gelatin.
    But the subject is
    liquorice tea....I've never tried it, maybe I will. Is there a particular brand that is a good one. I'm loathe to buy a box and then find it's ugh!
    Thanks for any help.
  5. lornameg

lornameg Well-Known Member

Twinings do it in a purple box. Hope you enjoy it, I find it tasty when left to go cold as well
    all the best
  6. bethlow23

bethlow23 Well-Known Member

I buy the Pukka Peppermint & Licorice tea, it's really tasty!
  7. annareeves0

annareeves0 Member

Glad I'm not the only one who loves this. I often have it when I need something sweet but don't have any syns left :) I occasionally make up a whole jugful, let it go cold and then I've got scrummy drinks for the whole day :)
  8. GingerJV

GingerJV Well-Known Member

I have never tried this tea! I guess i should now;-) thanks;-)
  9. karl41uk

karl41uk New Member

i love liquorice but not tea,i have been on slimming world for about two month with steady weight losses of 1-2 pounds a week until i found Aurile Metabolism Coffee,it is so nice and has given me loads of energy and im only drinking two cups after each meal and last week i lost 9 pounds in one week,so this coffee really works!!.
    i will be keep buying this from now on as works great along side the slimming world plan!
  10. janetelizabeth

I did try the Twinings Liquorice tea and really like it....I'm probably a lot older than most of you but it reminds me of the 'wooden' liquorice sticks I used to chew when I was a school could only taste the liquorice when you swallowed. I find the tea the same...only tastes when you swallow the liquid.
  11. RosiePops

RosiePops Well-Known Member

Thanks for this! My OH loves the woody liquorice stuff so maybe he will like the tea too! I'd like to try it (make a change from peppermint!) so I'm going to pick a box up :)
  12. Elvisfan4life

Elvisfan4life Well-Known Member

Great for keeping you nice and regular too
  13. Elvisfan4life

This i need..where do you buy it from please?
  14. liquoricet

liquoricet Well-Known Member

I got it from Sainsbury's and I'm also a fan
  15. Elvisfan4life

Thank you
  16. Anna Luna

Anna Luna Well-Known Member

I love liquoriche tea! You just reminded me that I still have a few bags left over of a Dutch brand that I brought with me when I moved to the UK. Going to go hunt for them in my cupboard now :D
  17. janetelizabeth

I got mine in Tesco's.
    Funny about how it can affect the BM's...liquorice can actually make me constipated!!! Yes I know...what an oddity! :D
  18. nicolajr1986

nicolajr1986 Well-Known Member

Obsessed with this stuff too!
  19. Elvisfan4life

Just shows how different we all are what works for one or what docs say should work doesnt always