liquoricet's diary of a penguin runner

You're quite right, even if I have put on 5lbs (eek), if I stick at it this week I should be able to lose it. I'm going to plan some meals and think about what I can snack on that isn't sugary/carby goodness.

I've successfully upped my moving this week which is one good thing. Today I'll be mostly drinking green tea!

At least you know where it has come from.
If your doing some running again then I've started a running challenge if you want to join it?

Sounds a plan. Will have a look. I'm 100% on plan so far today so will lose it again this week.

Bit irritated, I turned up at wi all ready to buy a 12 week count down and couldn't because (even although I should've been changed) it showed me as a visitor. Will do it next week if I haven't spent the £50!

I was going to use it as motivation but my consultant made the point when I said I felt direction less since my 10k that I had to remember I am losing weight for me not for an external goal/anyone else.

I realised she's right so I'm committing to a day at a time but going to go for it this week and stop messing about.

So here's my food diary

I'm back on track at least for day 1 - 7.5 syns so far and going for a quick 5k and then an options to use up my hexa and (maybe) a gin & diet lemon.

I need to get my head back in the right place.

B - aldi waffle (1 syn) & poached egg
S - 2x hi fi bars (hexb)
L - jacket potato with ff yoghurt, rocket, chicken & cucumber
S - 4 x cadburys choc fingers (5.5), Muller light, liberte yoghurt (1 syn), blueberries/raspberries. Options hot choc 2.5 syns to use hexa allowance.
T - bulgar wheat & smoked salmon salad with brocolli, cucumber, peppers, dressing of balsamic vinegar & lemon juice (between 5 so not synned).

Total 9.5

Last edited:
What is this aldi waffle you talk of? Haha sounds nice!
I love how you use your syns, you have treats and build them into your meals. I'm going to try and do more of this.

Hi Jennie, it's their frozen potato waffles. They're not bad and after trying various other options I've decided they're the cheapest option syn wise. I tried making them with smash and they weren't v good and I don't want to use my hexb for bread!

Today's been OK so far. Tonight dh is cooking tea so hopefully it'll be low in syns - probably curry. I'm so having a nice glass of gin too (trying to reduce wine).

B - potato waffle & poached egg (1 syn)
S - hi fi bars, 2 liberte yoghurt, (2 syns) mixed fruit, fudge (5.5 syns)
L - leftover bulgar wheat/salmon salad, peppers, cucumber, brocolli
T - chicken rogan Josh with rice (3 syns, 1/2 portion) 5 shots gin & diet bitter lemon
Total 24.5 syns.

Last edited:
I'm so crap on weds nights. I've ended up on 24.5 syns as I've had some gin and (diet) bitter lemon. This isn't great but I was only on 10 yesterday so not the end of the world.

I usually struggle on weds as I work a really long day (830-7) and we get takeaway. I resisted sweets though which is something to be proud of.

Tomorrow will be better! I'm home alone with the kids as dh is away at work but will try and do my 20min run in the day. Think I'll have to be organised with food. Kids can have sausages & jacket potatoes.

I'll have jacket potato, salad and cottage cheese for lunch and maybe an omelette for tea. I've not really had my hexa (tiny bit of milk in tea) so may have that omelette with bacon, cheese and veg. I've lots of fruit and a yoghurt for an afternoon snack!

Last edited:
Today's been much better. If I stop now I've clawed back 3 of 4 syns.

B - poached egg on potato waffle (1)
S- 2 rocky road HiFi, (hexb) liberte yoghurt with fruit (1), cadburys fudge, (5.5) options hot choc with milk (hexa) (1.5)
L jacket potato with aldi salmon, salad
T jacket potatoes (tiny ones) with chicken rogan Josh (other half of takeaway -3.5 syns)

I could've had more super free but not too bad I think.

Total 12.5 or 46/105

I love all the little treats you give yourself with your syns! I need to remember to treat myself more often. I save them for the end of the day and then I'm too tired or not in the mood for them and don't bother. I've had a pack of freddo's in my cupboard since I started SW in february!?!?

I try to save them for the evening - 14 left tonight for gin (lol).

I had a chat with a successful member a while back and said I really don't want to eat diet food as it's not very nice. Even Muller's you can taste the sweetener in. Also, I'll just stop and start eating all the things I'd had half fat as full fat.

She suggested some of these things (1.5syn cadburys fingers and 5.5 syn fudges) but I'm also not fussed with bread so the HiFi bars are great as snacks.

I'd have eaten the freddos by now! Aldi do bubble chocolate at 4syn each and I've had to stop buying the multi packs.

Having a green day.
B - poached egg on waffle (1)
L - omelette with cheese (2xhexa) and mushrooms
T - pasta with veg sauce (tin tomatoes, onion, peppers, mushrooms)
S - 2 x aldi benefit bars, 2 x rocky road HiFi (2x hexb)
I'm full up! 14 syns left so will have a few g & t.

?? that's my girl haha

I love gin

Back on it today. Rather chuffed as scales suggest I've lost my 4lbs gain! (Wi is Monday). I really want to get under 15st

I've had a very very lazy day mainly knitting a hat for dd1. Tomorrow I'm doing stuff.

Food for today:
No breakfast (didn't get up until 11!)
L pasta and veg and smoked salmon fillet from aldi (really nice)
S- benefit bars (hexb) and hot choc (1.5 syns) I used a bit of milk in that and tea (hexa)
T - couscous salad with raspberries, pomegranate, cucumber, peppers, pigeon breast - dh made it - see picture! I suspect the raspberry coulis ought to be synned but there wasn't much.
4x gin mixers. Total - 13.5 syns

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140607_204505.png
    ForumRunner_20140607_204505.png
    545.2 KB · Views: 13
The hat. The one on her head is before it was blocked. It's called peeping sheep.

ForumRunner_20140607_204839.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140607_204858.png
    ForumRunner_20140607_204858.png
    498.6 KB · Views: 14
Not sure what we're eating today. There will be some kind of roast and I need a run this afternoon beforehand.

The pigeon looks delicious. Love the hat, so cute :)

Thanks zappacat! I went clothes shopping today, it's much nicer now I have a bit more shape. I seem to be a fairly consistent 18 which is very gratifying.

Here's my new dress for the hen do next weekend. Primani's finest (it was a 20 but the 18 was identically sized) and only £10. It said £17 on the label but I didn't argue!

ForumRunner_20140608_194135.png

Back