Lisa's Weight loss Diary - 4st to Lose

oooo i also forgot to mention that one of the guys at our class has done a mahoooosive Joe's Sausage order for us all so my stuff should be coming on Wednesday so i can't wait for that. I think i might make a sausage casserole on Thursdayto celebrate lol x

Happy Tuesday folks :)

I had an absolutely shocking twin mum night last night. The boys both have bad coughs so woke up about 10 and refused sleep until 2 when we all fell asleep on the sofa. People ask me whether having 2 children the same age is hard and usually it isn't, the only time it ever wears me down and makes me want to cry is when they are ill. It's just so mentally draining. Especially now im a single mum. I wouldn't have it any other way though

Anyhoo the moroccan chicken tea last night was gorgeous. I got the recipe from a blog i follow. Its called shecookssheeats.com and is really good for recipes.

Todays food

B - didn't have any :(
L - we went to the greek for lunch. I just had a chicken kebab and rice which i didn't think was too bad. It was just grilled chicken really and rice so not many syns in that. Im guessing they will have brushed the chicken with oil and thats about all the syns that were in it.
D - i think ill just have leftover moroccan chicken for tea :)

Need to work in my healthy extras. Im not at work today and don't tend to drink coffee at home so have both my A & B to use up x

Hope your boys are better soon x I remember when my kids were small and poorly , it's certainly draining, coz there's no let up or peace, and that can do your head in lol Melted cheese on toast! HEA & B :D

Oh good another site to check out too, thanks:)

Last night was a much better night. The boys are still coughing loads and Charlie did wake up but went back to sleep without too much issue and slept right through and i had to wake them both this morning :) I won at poker last night too so all in all a very good night :)

Weigh in day today. I had a cheeky weigh this morning and i think i have lost 1lb which, considering the weekend i had, i am over the moon with. Thats if it actually shows that on the class scales.

I can't make my regular group tonight so i am going to a different one on my lunch.

Joe's sausage order will be there tonight so i am going to get my mum who also goes and is a target member to collect them for me. As luck would have it, on the petes recipe thread there has just been a new sausage recipe added so i am going to give that a try.

I have also decided to do my weekly shop online from now on. This will make me plan the weeks meals as well as reduce my shopping bill because i wont be buying crap i wont use :)

I think today will be a fairly relaxed day food wise. I have weigh in on my lunch so will probably ick up a sarnie on the way back and Michael is making tea tonight. I think he said something about lime chicken he had bought so we shall see what that is like later. I don't know how SW frienly it will be but he had assured me that it can't be 'that bad' because it's just chicken hmmm.....

Just half off this week. I am not too disappointed with that considering the weekend i had but i really need to stay focused this week and have a good week.

Off to do my plan for the week and shop now :) x

Thanks hun. Im just glad it's going in the right direction and i feel better in myself for eating better in general.

So far so good this weekend. I seem to have been more focused and determined not to let the weekend ruin my week. I have the boys this weekend and Michael has his son so that may have a lot to do with it. Suppose with having the kids it forces a bit more of a routine.

Today has been a nice day. The boys playgroup had organised an autumn fayre which was nice and the boys had their pictures taken :)

Yesterdays food
B - bacon, scrambled eggs & beans with fruit
Skipped lunch because i had brekkie fairly late
D - homemade burgers with SW chips and veg. I know veg doesn't really go with burgers but i don't eat salad so have to get my superfree in somehow (HEa & b used)

Todays food
B - toast (2 x small wholemeal bread HEb)
D - pasta and sauce with bacon
T - pasta bolognese (HEa)
I probably could have had more superfree today but that was the only downside to a good day.

Tomorrow the boys are with their dad and i usually go to wales with Michael to take his son back. I am determined to have a good day foodwise but can't say that the alcohol intake will be good. We shall see x

At least you had a loss, that's still better than a gain
icon19.gif

Good luck with the alcohol! :D

Awful!!! Yesterday was a write off. I am hungover today so today will no doubt also be a write off :(

I will be good on Tuesday and Wednesday and hope that it doesn't completely ruin my week. I think ill get a gain but hopefully is will only be 1-2lbs xx

Jumped on the scales for cheeky weigh in this morning and it is showing 1 down so far so i'll be a very happy bunny if it stays that way.

Todays Food

b -
1 x hifi bar and yogurt
L - Jacket potato & tinned Spag Bol
D - Meatballs & Pasta

I really need to get some super free in today but i have no fruit in. Might add some mushrooms to the pasta sauce and buy some fruit after work. Mushrooms are a superfree right??...... x

Hope the scales are good for you then:)
Not sure about the mushrooms , I think so?
I just tend to 'try' and add fruit and veg etc to my day
Do you not have any frozen veg or anything you can use ?

Helllooooooo!! I'm back..... again!!

If i've said it once i've said it a thousand times, this time and starting and i'm starting for good.... Need to lose weight as i'm off to centre parcs in June and want to feel comfortable doing all the fab things you can do there.

I was shocked to discover that for the montha dn half that i have been well and truely off plan i have only put 4lb on. Feel like i have put about 3 stone on.... everything is tight and i feel so bloated all the time.

I weighed in officially last wednesday but didn't really start the plan again until yesterday.

I did a big shop and a meal plan at the weekend so i'm fully prepared to start properly :)

Hope you all had a fab Christmas and New Year xx

Hey. Subscribing and welcome bk :)
Xx

Morning all!!

Hi Stef, well done on your weightloss so far :)

I had a very good day yesterday filled with yummy food which has given me extra motivation for today. I love it when i'm properly on the plan because it forces me to make yummy homecooked meals

Monday's Food

B - 1 x mullerlight & 2 x hifi bars HEb (spread across the morning)
L - Jacket Potato & Beans
D - Hoisin, Sweet chilli and 5 spice chicken with Mushroom Rice 5 Syns
HEa
Used on milk in my coffees

I could really have done with having more superfree yesterday but i would usually have fruit with my yogurt and then snack on fruit throughout the day but i don't have ny in at the mo. I am going to the shop after work to pick some up. I don't really like getting fruit in my online shop because it never has a good date on or last that long.

My dinner last night was yummy and the first time i have made it. I got the recipe from this thread

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/317773-delicious-meals-minimum-ingredients.html

I have taken alot of recipes from this page and so far they have all been really nice. Helps with variety too as i would just stick to the same meals all the time.

Can anyone tell me how i go about putting pics on my thread?

Hope you all have a good day x

Haha thanks.. It's more of a 5 stone gain left with a one stone loss :-o but it's going to come off again!!! :-D

Dinner sounds bloody yum!! Deffo gonna check that out!!

I agree I never got fresh stuff online it was never the freshest! I remember once ordering milk and it was out of date the next day grrrr!!

Are you trying to add pics off a phone or on the website? Xx

hahaha i'm the same.... since having my boys i've piled the weight on and now i just want to lose that.

It really was yum! The recipe for this is below. I didn't use green beans and only used regular mushrooms and popped them in the rice.

1. FIVE-SPICE HOISIN CHICKEN - Serves 4

Approx. 2.5 Syns per serving

500g skinless chicken breast, cubed
    4 tbsp. Hoisin sauce - 8 Syns
    2 level tbsp. sweet chilli sauce - 3 Syns
    1 tbsp. reduced-salt soy sauce
    Half tsp. five spice mix
    25g fresh ginger, very thinly sliced
    350g assorted Asian mushrooms, such as shitake, oyster, etc.
    350g pak choi, cut into 8cm thin lengths

Put the chicken in a shallow bowl.
    Combine the hoisin, chilli sauce and soy sauce, with the 5 spice and 2 tbsp. water.
    Drizzle half over the chicken, then turn the chicken pieces to coat. Reserve the remaining sauce.
    Spray a large, non-stick frying pan well with Frylight and heat over a medium heat.
    Cook the chicken for about 15 minutes, turning frequently, until thoroughly cooked through.
    Meanwhile, spray another large pan or wok well with Frylight and heat over a medium heat.
    Add the ginger and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until the mushrooms are golden.
    Add the greens and cook for a further 3 minutes, stirring, or until these are tender.
    Tip the reserved sauce into the greens and stir around.
    Serve the chicken and greens with wholegrain rice or quinoa (thoroughly rinsed before cooking)

I am trying to put them on, on my phone but i don't even know where to start x

Somewhere on the page usually where you type there should be a plus button that allows you to add a pic x

Back