literally becoming half the person I am!

So I have been reading so many posts on this site and reading about everyone's journey is so motivating.
My start weight is 21st 3.4lbs the biggest I have ever been!!! I have zero confidence and I don't want to be this person anymore.
I was having lunch with a friend last Sunday and she told me how well she was doing on Cambridge so I asked if I could join her at her next consultation which was on the Tuesday I ended up deciding then and there to start so I never gave myself any time to talk myself out of it.
I am on step 2 as my BMI is to high for anything lower and I am due my first Weigh in tomorrow I'm excited as I have stuck to plan 100% all week so fingers crossed I get a decent loss but i suppose any loss will be good.. no it will be great!

Hello! Cambridge is treating me very well so far. I'm 8 weeks in and 30lbs down. It's tough but very effective. I'm sure your first weigh in will give you a great result. If you're a week in you've already got through the worst bit. Day 3/4 was definitely the hardest for me because of feeling so hungry. But once you're in ketosis, as I'm sure you've realised, your appetite is totally suppressed.
How are you enjoying the products? And which step are you following? I'm on red 2 (which is 4 products plus 200mls skimmed milk).
Good luck on your journey! You can do it!

Wow 30lbs down in just 8 weeks that's amazing!!!!
Yeah I struggled a bit around day 4 with seriously bad migraines but since yesterday been feeling great and not so hungry ☺
I'm on step 2 I have 3 Cambridge products and 425ml skimmed milk ( I struggle with don't like milk) and also a portion of protein and veg.
I have tried the lemon bars they so yummy, tried the bolognaise and tikka which I liked got the chocolate tetra also yummy and got some soups which I am not a fan of at all hahaha
I feel like a human filter all the water im drink I'm constantly going to the loo. I'm kind of excited for my weigh in :) I would LOVE to be 30lbs down in 8 weeks.

Stay with it 100% and you'll smash it!
I couldn't bear the soups either. Think it was a texture thing for me. Because you have to blend them mine ended up frothy. Ew. Frothy soup.
Love the spag Bol and the smoothies are delicious! Also lots of ice cubes in your shake in the blender make them really thick and delicious
I know the loo thing is crazy. I feel like what I've saved on the grocery shop has been spent on toilet rolls X

Ah thanks so much for the encouragement had my first weigh in just now and I have lost 9.4lb :):):) in a week!!! I'm well happy!!!!
And Grover that's the exact same reason I don't like the soups the texture.

So I start week 2 now got the strawberry and banana tetras to try and will try the mac and cheese too!!!

So I'm in week 2 now and all is going good.... great in fact no more head aches and I don't feel hungry (never thought that day would come :p ) I have more energy then I have had in a while!!!
Feeling great and positive :D

Brilliant, isn't it?
I've just had a fantastic weigh in, another 5lbs down. Am delighted as I'd had two very slow weeks but now things are moving again. This diet is at the same time the easiest and hardest I've ever done. .. if that makes sense!?

I don't blend the soups-I make a paste with cold water and then add hot water mixing all the time and that sorts out the lumpiness and it doesn't go frothy :)

That sounds like a much better approach! Although at the minute I'm happy with the meals, shakes and smoothies. Was damaged by my first soup attempt :0

OH YAY FOR YOU :D :D :D That's brilliant!!! I totally get what you mean....and i will keep that in mind for when/if i have a few slow weeks....... for now I picture my family and friends faces when I go home in December and that's been my motivation. My Cambridge consultant said I need to start being positive about myself it's so hard but il get there!

That sounds like a much better approach! Although at the minute I'm happy with the meals, shakes and smoothies. Was damaged by my first soup attempt :0

I'm the same I am really put off it after my first 3 attempts tried oriental tomato and vegetable. Going to be sticking to what I know I like for now :)

OH YAY FOR YOU :D :D :D That's brilliant!!! I totally get what you mean....and i will keep that in mind for when/if i have a few slow weeks....... for now I picture my family and friends faces when I go home in December and that's been my motivation. My Cambridge consultant said I need to start being positive about myself it's so hard but il get there!

Where is home? A long way?
I haven't told my mum at all, I will be seeing her at the end of July but she knows nothing about the diet. She's a tiny doll - about 8 and a half stone soaking wet - and has always had a bit of a thing about my weight. I know it's coming from a place of concern but sometimes it feels like all she sees is the weight. Don't get me wrong, she's wonderful. She just can't understand what it's like to have such a long and big journey ahead.
I'm so looking forward to her reaction. I'm hoping to be about 4 stone down by then. If I can sustain my current loss I'm well on course!
As soon as you start seeing a difference in your clothes, feeling more positive about yourself will happen naturally. Start planning how you'll reward yourself: I've bought a lot of face packs, nail varnishes etc which really give me a boost. You're working really hard. Give yourself a break, a pat on the back and a little treat when you hit that first milestone xx

Where is home? A long way?
I haven't told my mum at all, I will be seeing her at the end of July but she knows nothing about the diet. She's a tiny doll - about 8 and a half stone soaking wet - and has always had a bit of a thing about my weight. I know it's coming from a place of concern but sometimes it feels like all she sees is the weight. Don't get me wrong, she's wonderful. She just can't understand what it's like to have such a long and big journey ahead.
I'm so looking forward to her reaction. I'm hoping to be about 4 stone down by then. If I can sustain my current loss I'm well on course!
As soon as you start seeing a difference in your clothes, feeling more positive about yourself will happen naturally. Start planning how you'll reward yourself: I've bought a lot of face packs, nail varnishes etc which really give me a boost. You're working really hard. Give yourself a break, a pat on the back and a little treat when you hit that first milestone xx

Home for me is very far away haha South Africa I live on the Isle of Man have done the past 13 years now.
I have been big since my very early teens so I'm used to the comments ALL the time 'are you sure you want to eat that' 'a minute on the lips forever on the hips' aaahhhh used to drive me mad and didn't help at all!!
Besides my friend who is doing the diet too nobody knows I'm on it :)
Ah you know what losing the weight and then your mom seeing you is going to blow her mind!!!! Especially as she won't be expecting it hahaha that reaction is going to make you feel like this has so been worth it :)
I have 6.5 months till I go home and I'm hoping to lose like 5 stone at least really wish I had started sooner tho.
Definitely going to give myself rewards as I go along.

You could totally do 5 stone in six months, in fact Cambridge guarantee a stone a month if you're on it 100%!
You could look like a totally different person. Yes I am thinking about mum every time I smell a bit of toast or fancy a chocolate bar. Thinking I want to lose the maximum possible in the time before I see her...
Wow such a long way from home then. You must miss your folks like mad: although I guess if you've been over here 13 years you must have got used to it a bit?
You're nearly at your first stone already. Get planning! How will you treat yourself? I've had to get quite creative because I'm so used to rewarding myself with food! For little milestones I've been getting little beauty treats like a cheap nail varnish or eyeliner. I've also subscribed to glossy box so I get a beauty box once a month. Just have to keep racking up those losses now or I will have to cancel the subscription! Xx

You could totally do 5 stone in six months, in fact Cambridge guarantee a stone a month if you're on it 100%!
You could look like a totally different person. Yes I am thinking about mum every time I smell a bit of toast or fancy a chocolate bar. Thinking I want to lose the maximum possible in the time before I see her...
Wow such a long way from home then. You must miss your folks like mad: although I guess if you've been over here 13 years you must have got used to it a bit?
You're nearly at your first stone already. Get planning! How will you treat yourself? I've had to get quite creative because I'm so used to rewarding myself with food! For little milestones I've been getting little beauty treats like a cheap nail varnish or eyeliner. I've also subscribed to glossy box so I get a beauty box once a month. Just have to keep racking up those losses now or I will have to cancel the subscription! Xx

Yeah very long way from home my mum lives in Scotland tho so closer but still only see her once a year like too.
I think for my first stone down I'm going to treat myself to a bottle of soap and glory lotion :) it's my favourite but expensive so will be a nice treat.

So ALMOST at the end of week 2 and the last 2 days I have not been feeling hungry but having crazy cravings!!! I have used every bit of willpower and stayed 100% WOOHOO Proud of myself.....
Loving the energy levels I have, usually I'm so tired all day could so get used to this hahaha

Back