little to lose but a long way to go??

alfsmummy11

Silver Member
Im starting this thread as need some inspiration and hopefully a buddy!!

There r a few threads for lots to lose but not for little! I met my target in august then put on 5lb so wanted to lose that plus additional 10lb but grrrrr its so hard now to lose that last bit!!! lost 7lb in 3 week but still losing a 1lb is depressing!! anyone else feel the same xx

its better to loose it 1lb at a time. you are more likely to keep it off that way.
just keep at it, you know that you can do it. :)

Mererid said:
its better to loose it 1lb at a time. you are more likely to keep it off that way.
just keep at it, you know that you can do it. :)

Yep your right!! do y find when u lose a 1lb a week tho u can't see the weight coming off?? that's what i find!! defo true tho about keeping off as i maintained for 4 month till the dreaded xmas lol x

Yes. But that's when other people can help by encouraging you.

Speaking as someone who NOW hasn't got all that much to lose (1 stone) but did have lots to lose 15 months ago, I honestly feel that 1lb per week is absolutely fantastic!! I've got where I am today by losing less than 1lb per week- doing it slowly is definitely the reason I'm still on it! I've had lots of ups and downs, it's never been straightforward or logical for me but I've just kept going! I really don't see the point in getting a stone off quickly then slipping back into bad habits once it's gone, only to repeat the cycle again maybe 6 months or a year later! Don't put too much pressure on yourself- just look forward to gradually making lifestyle changes and creating a healthier diet for yourself. With a bit of patience you'll soon find your body moving towards a healthier weightX

funcurls said:
Speaking as someone who NOW hasn't got all that much to lose (1 stone) but did have lots to lose 15 months ago, I honestly feel that 1lb per week is absolutely fantastic!! I've got where I am today by losing less than 1lb per week- doing it slowly is definitely the reason I'm still on it! I've had lots of ups and downs, it's never been straightforward or logical for me but I've just kept going! I really don't see the point in getting a stone off quickly then slipping back into bad habits once it's gone, only to repeat the cycle again maybe 6 months or a year later! Don't put too much pressure on yourself- just look forward to gradually making lifestyle changes and creating a healthier diet for yourself. With a bit of patience you'll soon find your body moving towards a healthier weightX

Thanks!! i think it May be because i didn't have loads to lose initially that's the problem and i never saw myself as overweight although i was!! i wasn't aware back then but as im eating so much better and obviously have lost i feel more pressure if that makes sense?? xx

Thanks!! i think it May be because i didn't have loads to lose initially that's the problem and i never saw myself as overweight although i was!! i wasn't aware back then but as im eating so much better and obviously have lost i feel more pressure if that makes sense?? xx

Yes I can completely see where you're coming from! The way to look at it is that you're doing your body a huge favour in lots of ways, not just the weight loss side of it, so it's worth keeping going if only for health reasons! The weight loss side of it will come gradually and before you know it you'll be a right slim jim!! The people who really feel the pressure are those who have a mountain to climb and huge amounts to lose because they have to make such huge changes and they also have the added worry of loose skin to deal with etc! Count yourself fortunate that you can chip away bit by bit, get a nice toned body and there is no time limit, only in your own head!X

Back