Liven up roast lamb

big bear

A bear on a mission!
Hi guys

I've got an easy cut leg of lamb for tomorrows dinner, what can I add when cooking to make it different from just boring lamb?

Also if i put it in the slow cooker about 9am how long till it would be cooked? If it only needs say 7 hours has anyone got a tasty slow cooker lamb recipe?

Cheers my lovelies XXXXX

Sounds just up my street that. But is it a little fatty, I love lamb and dont mind the fat, but for S W is the fat a bit much to syn?

Hi this is a lovely recipe I have addapted to go with the a nice rib sauce. Here goes, hope you like it, its one of my faves....

Low calorie cooking spray
1 onion finely chopped ( I use frozen chopped onion coz bit lazy)
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 level tbsp tomato puree
2 tsp mustard powder
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp fresh lemon juice (but I just use lemon juice like jiffy)
artificial sweetener to taste (I dont bother with this OK without for me)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 Large mushrooms
HEB extra lean mince 85g or any amount if on red or green day
passata to moisten

Heat a pan sprayed with low cal cooking spray, then saute the oinions over low heat for 5 mins. Stir in the tomatoes, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for a further 5 mins.
Add the puree ( 2 syns I think), mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice and simmer over a very low heat for 20 mins, stirring occasionally. I found it didnt take quite this long, until thickenend.
Stir in sweetener (didnt use this) season to taste.
Meanwhile put mushrooms in the oven to cook on their own, place mince in bowl with little passata and cook in microwave. Take mushrooms out when soft, stuff with the meat mixture and a little HEA cheese on top. Put back in the oven, when this has melted pour the tom mixture around the mushrooms and pop back in the oven for a few minutes, then enjoy.Hope you enjoy this as much as I do. Serves one portion very generously, or two people adequate, if you double the mushrooms and mince, and cheese.

Thanks ladies, I absolutely love lamb, it is fatty though but I cut off any fat that I see.

I just mixed tomato puree with water, rosemary & coriander & sort of marinaded it for a few hours. I also cut slits & stuffed with garlic, it was delicious...

Oh sorry big bear, just realised I have hijacked your thread! Still not very good navigating on here. Perhaps the mods will move it if not in the right place. Realised I should have started new thread!:sigh::sigh::sigh:

Back