Living Day to Day

fatpossum

Silver Member
Hi Chaps,

It's me - old misery guts, again!!

I have to SHARE the fact that I am only managing this diet on a day to day basis at this stage. At the beginning of each day I tell myself "just get to the end of today and then we'll see" - I've nearly "done" today and am hopeful for tomorrow. I have my weigh in on Monday and I hope that will be good news - If cold feet and hands are anthing to go by I should be shedding pounds hourly!!!!

My lack of energy is making me crabby and I have to sit down after every little bit of exertion. Some days are less bad and I did manage two spinning sessions last week but in the main I am like a 'washed out rag'.

I can't say that I am hungry but my body is crying out for some proper food!! It is not an emotional craving, in fact it is only my emotions (my desperate desire to look good in a size 12 dress) that are keeping me on the straight and narrow.

I know LL is supposed to be all about understanding why we allow ourselves to become fat but I understood that already. But what I have learned is never again to place myself in a position where I have to endure another VCLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Fatpossum,

I know exactly how you feel and I really sympathise with you. I too have found LL extremely hard and have taken it day by day. I have not much support at home and my family and friends think Im crazy for doing it. In some ways this has driven me to succeed and get to the point I am now. I to exercise and I have found it very very hard as I have always been fit and active and haven't wanted to give this up. It is very hard to exercise to any extreme on a VLCD and I really don't know how you manage to do spinning classes - I really admire you for managing what you are doing. I have low blood pressure and it has dropped very low now. What is yours like, this may be why you feel so light headed and tired.

Just remember that you have done so well to come this far, at the end of the day it is your choice and no one else's. No one is forcing you to do this (I hope) so when you are feeling down and want to pack it in, just do something else for 10 mins then see how you feel. I guarentee you will feel better for not giving into the initial craving and will be so pleased that you will feel inspired to carry on for the rest of the day.

I know LL is supposed to be all about understanding why we allow ourselves to become fat but I understood that already. But what I have learned is never again to put myself in a position where I have to endure another VCLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too feel like this and that is why I am going straight to management rather than development. I have in the past lived on a VLCD and I promised myself I would never put myself in that position again as I could barely walk and talk, but I got fat and have again reverted to it in a different format. I now know this is it. I have had my time as someone put it as a 'lighter life virgin' and don't feel I could ever do it again.

Please do not give up, you have that goal in your head and I have no doubt that you will reach it a lot sooner than you think and you will feel amazing when you get there.

Keep posting is my advice xx :hug99:

Have to say this is all thats got me through. If I think of the whle journey its just too depressing and days like today (which was crap - took me 1/2 to change sheets cs I had to keep sitting down & felt too crappy to even go out!) are soo tough going but then there are good days in between! Not sure what week you're both on? I'm on week 10 & thought week 9 was bad but I have had a very busy, nightmarish week in work so its no wonder I'm pooped! Like you fp I'm aiming for size 12 and it will SOOOOO be worth it when we get there! Just listen to your bods & hang in there...at least I got my housework done today if nothing else!! Big hugs!!

Thanks

Thanks Betty,

My BP is fine so my general malaise isn't linked to that.

It is good to hear from someone who has had a similar LL experience to mine.

In spite of my miserable state, I am strong mentally and each morning I can see the difference (I think I lose weight overnight!!). 10 stone is 'just around the corner' and I hope to get there in about 3 weeks - so it's not long.

No more VCLDs ever again for either or us!! I plan to keep a pack in a visible place after I finish - it'll be better than any 'this is me fat' photo stuck to the fridge!! :D

Hi ISOM,

I am just approaching week 7 (lost 25+ lbs so far). Something tells me that neither you, Betty nor I will make it into the LL magazine or onto the 'inspirational DVD' - everyone I have read about and listened to in the 'blurb' so far has raved about their energy levels throughout the diet!

Do'ya think it's a bit like childbirth - you forget how bad it was after it's all over?!!!!!!!! :D

Next week my cleaner comes back to work so that will be a godsend - these days I have to gird my loins to have a bath, let alone change bed linen. Well done you!!

Keep in touch :wave_cry:

In spite of my miserable state, I am strong mentally and each morning I can see the difference (I think I lose weight overnight!!). 10 stone is 'just around the corner' and I hope to get there in about 3 weeks - so it's not long.

Well done, you are so close and those three weeks will fly by the closer you get. I think some mornings you do wake up and see the difference more than others, its just depends on your state of mind. I wake up some mornings and thing I look huge still, but it is a bloated stomach from lying awake worrying about the whole thing!!

No more VCLDs ever again for either or us!! I plan to keep a pack in a visible place after I finish - it'll be better than any 'this is me fat' photo stuck to the fridge!! :D

LOL that is a very good point. I don't really ever want to see a fat photo of me again, so I may give that a go too. Definately no more VLCD. Not to say that I am pleased to have done LL and stuck to it for so long without lapsing. I'm pleased I have lost this weight in this amount of time. I just don't ever want to be in this situation again.

I'm pleased to hear your bp is ok. I think you probably are just stressing and thinking so much about the diet that you are being too hard on yourself, you are doing great honey. You are so close to the 10's and once you get there you will feel so much more relaxed i am sure.

xx:wavey:

It is soooooo hard sometimes. BUT .... what you have to remember, is you would get crap days anyway! Its not to do with the diet, its just a normal thing, crappy days do happen!

Hang on in there, you are doing so well! x x x

Hi guys, I am with you on this one except I am feeling sh*t with still 5 stone to go. I slob around now, no energy, very close to tears most of the time. I dont know about day to day, its hour to hour for me!

I am hoping for me this is a "just finished foundation & dont want development" phase rather than a permanent state of affairs. It did all start last week, when we moved to development.

I also get bugged now by the women in my group, who I really like(d) but now I find I am irritated by their Polly Perfect attitudes. (What a b*tch I am, they are nice friendly caring women..) I wonder if they are just adapted or if my rebellious child is acting up?

Oh God I need a drink. Never was heavy drinker at all but the odd glass of merlot does work wonders for a foul mood!!

Sleep well!!
xx

Hey Chaps,

Come on then - chin(s) up. Let's 'link arms in cyber space' and resolve to get through this together.

Sez - you are more than half way there - no going back now.

A mood is a mood - it's a feeling. Feelings change and don't necessarily reflect reality. The truth is that we have all lost massive amounts of weight. We must keep going.

Last edited:
Hey Chaps,

Come on then - chin(s) up. Let's 'link arms in cyber space' and resolve to get through this together.

Sez - you are more than half way there - no going back now.

A mood is a mood - it's a feeling. Feelings change and don't necessarily reflect reality. The truth is that we have all lost massive amounts of weight. We must keep going.

:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

:grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg:

Hi ISOM,

I am just approaching week 7 (lost 25+ lbs so far). Something tells me that neither you, Betty nor I will make it into the LL magazine or onto the 'inspirational DVD' - everyone I have read about and listened to in the 'blurb' so far has raved about their energy levels throughout the diet!

Do'ya think it's a bit like childbirth - you forget how bad it was after it's all over?!!!!!!!! :D

PMSL at this. Only last Thursday at my LL meeting I said exactly the same thing! My new group are all LL first timers and me, being an old hand, harps on at them not to give up! I struggle every single day at the moment since my restart and have lapsed so many times.

I moaned so much about how hard it is now and how easy it was first time, until I went back to my journal that I wrote pretty much everyday first time round. Truth is I found it just as hard, but I had just forgotten!

Not sure why it gets harder, but it does!

On week 9

Hi all - decided that since I spend so much time reading everyones' posts about LL on various websites I should join and get some support from all the other poor sods out there struggling with abstinance.

I am in the middle of week 9 and 'cheating' like a mad thing! Secretly nibbling and so far getting away with it in terms of weight loss. I have lost 2 stone & 5lbs to date which means I am lighter than I have been for many, many years but I always seem to sabotage my loss myself when I get to this stage - perhaps that is what all the cheating is about.

I liked the idea that LL helps you to identify problems relating to food but sometimes the talk in class goes right over my head and I too get really narky with some of the other members of my class - and then feel like a real cow on the drive home!

Weekends are my worst times - the daily routine of work helps me stay on track better - so I am sitting at the computer trying to take my mind of the Sunday lunch cooking away for hubby et al.

So hi to anyone else out there feeling much the same - look forward to chatting in the weeks ahead.

Btw - want to lose a total of 5 stone - so nearly half way there.

Hey Gi-Gi
I am so with you on the weekend thing! I find them really tough (hence why I've poped in here for a bit!)
And how many bloody bank holidays are there???? I didn't realise they were soooooo long.

Having said that, they are getting better. I'm a single gal and maybe the fact that I have not a single bit of food in the house does help me a lot. There is quite literally nothing to nibble on! I admire everyone who has to cook for others. I just don't know how they do it.
The head stuff in my opinion is the most critical part of the programme - there are heaps and heaps of fantastic posts on Mini's which I'm sure will help you out on understanding the nibbling thing if as you say the stuff in class is not working for you.
Keep posting! You're half way there :D

LOL westiegirl, I think you might be right there, there is no way I would make it into the LL mag.

I'm glad we aren't alone in feeling so tired all the time and feeling crappy.

GI-GI welcome. I too find the weekends the hardest, mainly because my boyfriend eats all the crap he can pile into his mouth in front of me most of the time and he even does this when he is dieting and still loses more weight then me. Mind you he has a lot to lose.

I do think Eclipse is right, we probably would have crappy days anyway and if we were following a diet which envolved food such as ww we would probably give in on these days, wherereas on LL you don't. I know some of you have lapsed but on the whole compare that with what you may have done if you were eating and feel pleased with yourselves xx

You are so right about crappy days, they do just happen whatever we are doing! I guess LL magnifies everything to such an intense level, and it takes a chat on here to bring it all back into line!

I realise now that I actually posted on here back in 2007 but didn't follow it up. Well I actually lost 4.5 stone on LL and was feeling brilliant about my weight loss. Went on holiday with some friends and fell very ill. Turned out I had gall stones and I had almost 6 months of being very ill several times a week before I had my gallbladder removed. Needless to say, during that time I went off LL and over the past 4 years have managed to put on all of that 4.5 stone again. It wasn't immediate, but I felt such a failure that I comfort ate my way back to my orginal weight. I have just started to think about losing again having felt so fat and frumpy at numerous special occasions. I will be 50 in a couple of years and I'm freaking out about this never mind being 50 and still fat!! I have started a weight loss diary on another sub-forum and hope that this time the motivation and determination to succeed last. Good luck to everyone on LL.

Gud luck GiGi, the first few days are the worst and after that you will see the numbers on the scales getting lower and lower every wk and know that the sacrafices you are making now will be totally worth it in the end.

Hey BlueDaisy and GiGi, I lost 5 stones too in 2009, and with my emotional instability and not knowing what my life was doing in 2010, I put all the weight back on. Last year in my attempts to get back to my skinny self, I tried WW and SW and actually I out on weight with those and I stuck to them!!! I am currently following Atkins which is working wonders for curbing my emotional and compulsive eating. However, I don't want to be fat anymore. I actually hate it!! I am 6ft tall and I really suffered on my initial stint with LL. I actually tried LL twice again last year and had slow losses and felt lousy.

I would like to go back to LL but it is the cost and it may be more for me as I may have to have an additional pack due to me being 6ft tall. I am currently looking at other options to bring the cost down and see if I do meal replacements and then go to specific counselling for me eating behaviours.

What do you guys think?

Hope you are well today xx

Back