LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Morning all. Not nice day down here, raining, and I have to wash my bedding today as kids coming Tuesday and they like to sleep in my bed. I guess it will have to go on the airer for a while then in the tumble dryer, Hope we get good weather next week - we want to go to the zoo.

My food for Saturday.
Breakfast bacon, eggs & mushrooms.
Lunch, soup & 5 scan bran with banana & toffee mullerlight.
Dinner: roast courgette, onion, peppers & sw chips with chicken thighs. It was lovely.
Jelly with frozen fruit in and yogurt.

Before bed while playing on minimins arcade - 2 slices of ham 1/2 tomato & mullerlight

Syns 5 for scan bran.. 4 for sweets.. 1.1/2 jelly Total 10.1/2.

Good day. 3 in a row.

As u say no. 3 good day - let's hope we all hava a good WI!

Weather yuck here too - but I can see enough blue to make a sailor's trousers so doesn't the saying say it shd end up a good day - but it's also raining and windy - so not sure!!

Hello Everyone. Very windy with occasional showers here today. swam my 40 equivalent lengths this morning and then a 30 minute walk. Food today- lunch ham and mustard sandwich. Dinner- brisket with vegetabes from yesterday followed by mullerlight yoghurt. (sorry Doreen its all gone lol). As I didnt have breakfast I may have supper.Hope everyone has had super day. :)

Evening all!

What at a busy weekend it has been! I think LJ will be going home for a rest hehe it has been lovely having her back. Not Long and she will be back for good :)

Well we have ourselves an allotment! My sister is joining us in our venture to! As LJ says we won't get started properly until she is back in August. But we did go and mark out territory! It's HUGE lol We have lots of plans and have planned out our layout. So just need August to hurry up and we can start work! It will be great body magic for us all. LJ is going to come back in a few weeks and we will get some black plastic down to kill the weeds so we can start with lovely weed free ground in a few months.

Well I have been totally off the rails all weekend, but I am soooo looking forward to getting back to it tomorrow! My body is now craving veg and fruit.

I have just adopted my very own jar of Kiefer! I have named it Keif lol He has been fed and will be ready to drink tomorrow evening. I tried one of LJs smoothies this morning, yummy! I will be using Keif in smoothies to. I need to get shopping for fresh yummy things.

I hope everyone has had a good weekend and managed to stay on plan.. Unlike me!

Hello Everyone. Very windy with occasional showers here today. swam my 40 equivalent lengths this morning and then a 30 minute walk. Food today- lunch ham and mustard sandwich. Dinner- brisket with vegetabes from yesterday followed by mullerlight yoghurt. (sorry Doreen its all gone lol). As I didnt have breakfast I may have supper.Hope everyone has had super day. :)

That`s a shamenI guess I will have to buy my own. Ham & mustard sandwich - reminds me of my Dad, my Mum said as he had such a lot of mustard on his sandwich she would give him MUSTARD SANDWICH. He didn`t even notice.
You are good to keep up your swimming and 30 minute walk. WOW.

I drove to the garden centre. Did have an excuse though.

I have had a red day today so that I could have some cheese without counting syns for it.

Breakfast bacon egg & mushroom 2 bread.
Lunch, Large portion of soup and some fresh pineapple.
Snack banana & 2 pears
Dinner. 2 sainsbury burgers (2) roast courgette, onion pepper & toms
He/b 230g sw chips with skin, hea 40g low fat cheese and one wm roll (6) & brown sauce. n(cheese on chips lovely)
2 mullerlight yogurt.

SYNS burger 2, sauce 1, roll 6. sweets 2 Total 10.

My water has nearly gone but am still going to contact the doc in the morning. Had a lecture about it off my sister.
Still feeling a bit heady, Early night for me, will be in bed with freshly laundered bedding, Mu mums idea of luxury.

Hope you have all had a good weedend.

Last edited:

Hi - very similar weather here but the blue patches increased and lots of lovely pink clouds now - but a bit late to take advantage of - well too late for me anyway!! Hope u all had a good on plan day. Will catch up with ur posts now - here's my food:

B: fruit, berries and yog

L: 2 boiled eggs + salad, balsamic vinegar and tsp sweet chilli sauce (4 a change lol - 1syn) 2 satsumas

T: chicken, cauli, spinach, cabbage - gravy turned out a mess so didn't fancy it - so had balsamic instead
dessert - a Nigel Slater recipe called Compost Crumble??!! 5.5 syns plus 1.5 HEBs and 1oz of Vienneta ice cream 1.5 syns

I swapped Nigel S's pears, apples & other fruit for rhubarb and it was lovely - had oats, seeds and nuts so reduced the amount of flour therefore less syns than usual crumble + HEBs + I used half spoon sugar - wasn't sure if sweetener wd work - advice please! Will post recipe isf anyone wants it.

Drinks: 1.35 mls water, 2 fruit teas 600 ml water = 1.95L, 2 coffees milk part HEA

No exercise unless caring for Mum in Law counts!

TOTAL SYNS = 8

That`s a shamenI guess I will have to buy my own. Ham & mustard sandwich - reminds me of my Dad, my Mum said as he had such a lot of mustard on his sandwich she would give him MUSTARD SANDWICH. He didn`t even notice.
You are good to keep up your swimming and 30 minute walk. WOW.

I drove to the garden centre. bDid have an excuse though.

I have had a red day today so that I could have some cheese without counting syns for it.

Breakfast bacon egg & mushroom 2 bread.
Lunch, Large portion of soup and some fresh pineapple.
Snack banana & 2 pears
Dinner. 2 sainsbury burgers (2) roast courgette, onion pepper & toms
He/b 230g sw chips with skin, hea 40g low fat cheese and one wm roll (6) & brown sauce. n(cheese on chips lovely)
2 mullerlight yogurt.

SYNS burger 2, sauce 1, roll 6. sweets 2 Total 10.

My water has nearly gone but am still going to contact the doc in the morning. Had a lecture about it off my sister.
Still feeling a bit heady, Early night for me, will be in bed with freshly laundered bedding, Mu mums idea of luxury.

Hope you have all had a good weedend.

Glad to hear ur a little better and going to docs. I'm with ur Mum on bedding - if I won the lottery I'd pay for someone to change my bed daily!! Enjoy ur early night & the children.

Ur food looks good - do u enjoy the SW chips? I don't think I cook mine properly or perhaps it's the type of potatoes I use? So I've stopped making them but fancy them every now and again!

Keep meaning to say this but keep forgetting - my way of eating greatly changed a short while after coming on Minis - I always used to save my syns for sweet stuff - mostly choc - often having 'boring' food just to satisfy my sugar habit - but having read how other people make interesting food by using their syns - this has encouraged me to do the same and lo and behold I'm rarely hungry or bored with SW meals now - and don't hanker after sweets etc like I used to - but wd never turn them down either!!

Sleep tight and 'see' u all in the morning!

Evening all!

What at a busy weekend it has been! I think LJ will be going home for a rest hehe it has been lovely having her back. Not Long and she will be back for good :)

Well we have ourselves an allotment! My sister is joining us in our venture to! As LJ says we won't get started properly until she is back in August. But we did go and mark out territory! It's HUGE lol We have lots of plans and have planned out our layout. So just need August to hurry up and we can start work! It will be great body magic for us all. LJ is going to come back in a few weeks and we will get some black plastic down to kill the weeds so we can start with lovely weed free ground in a few months.

Well I have been totally off the rails all weekend, but I am soooo looking forward to getting back to it tomorrow! My body is now craving veg and fruit.

I have just adopted my very own jar of Kiefer! I have named it Keif lol He has been fed and will be ready to drink tomorrow evening. I tried one of LJs smoothies this morning, yummy! I will be using Keif in smoothies to. I need to get shopping for fresh yummy things.

Hi - so glad to hear u've had a great weekend - life's for living I say and a couple of off plan days won't do terminal damage will it - it's good ur hankering after superfree LOL! Keep meaning to say well done on wearing size 10s - that must be a great feeling and like u I'm pear shaped so even when I was at my lightest at 7st 10 loooooong time ago after my first baby - I still wore larger 'bottoms' than tops - so that's not going to change!

And all that allotment tending will be great body magic and help u to lose more or by then maintain?

Well say hello to Keif from me - it's addictive and think I shd try it some time!

Hello. Lots of news this evening. Cj te allotment sounds brilliant and with 3 of you it will spread the workload. And size 10 too!! fantastic. I think motherin law duty counts as Body magic Upndown. I agree with the luxury of clean sheets. They cant be beaten. Lol lol the idea of the mustard sandwich tickled me, Doreen. Ive just had 4 cheese snack aj acks. The cheese ones are 3% fat. I knew I would cos I missed breakfast this morning. I had 2 with laughing cow blue cheese, 1 with marmite and I plain. I think I better go to bed soon. :)

Last edited:
Morning All - hope everyone's planning a happy on plan day - been for a 15 min jog and 30 walk in the rain - planned to meet a friend and hoped she'd ring to cancel but she didn't - when I met her she was hoping I'd do the same!! Anyway it was ok and done now!!

Morning All - hope everyone's planning a happy on plan day - been for a 15 min jog and 30 walk in the rain - planned to meet a friend and hoped she'd ring to cancel but she didn't - when I met her she was hoping I'd do the same!! Anyway it was ok and done now!!

That made me laugh, that sort of thing has happened to me when walk planned with neighbour Usually glad when done though,.

Evening all!

Craving fruit & veg, that sounds good CJ. Be good whenn LJ is back. 3 of you will make the allotment work quicker. Enjoy!

Evening All. No swimming today as my back was very painful. Im not sure what Ive done probably slept awkwardly or got up wrongly.
food today- 2;toast. Lunch- ham and mustard sandwich. Dinner- melon, sweet potato and squash soup, 2 bread, quorn peppered steak with baked beans. Too much bread again.
How did you get on with the doctor Doreen? Hope you are feeling better. :)

That made me laugh, that sort of thing has happened to me when walk planned with neighbour Usually glad when done though,.

Yes we were like a pair of cold, drowned rats at the end but felt better for it!! Would u believe it a few hours later I was able to do some veg seed sowing in the sun under blue skies!!

Evening All. No swimming today as my back was very painful. Im not sure what Ive done probably slept awkwardly or got up wrongly.
food today- 2;toast. Lunch- ham and mustard sandwich. Dinner- melon, sweet potato and squash soup, 2 bread, quorn peppered steak with baked beans. Too much bread again.
How did you get on with the doctor Doreen? Hope you are feeling better. :)

Oh dear another patient in Team LJ - hope ur back heals soon Mo.

If u like ur bread the Red or Green Plans might suit u better - as u can have 2 Healthy Extras A + 2 H Ex Bs on those plans - the syn values are different than Extra Easy - but are in the main book.

The website also has a sample 7 day planner for Red and Green Day (or Vegetarian and non veggie as they call them - I think ur food today would work out at about 6 syns plus the butter/marg if the bread was wholemeal and weighed no more than 35g.

On Extra Easy with the same assumptions u'd have had 12 syns plus the butter/marg.

Hope u don't mind me suggesting that? Obviously ur SW consultant wd be able to explain it better than me!!

Hi again - hope everyone's had a good day - here's my day's food:

B: berries and from frais

Snack: Satsuma & pickled onion - what a combination!

L: carrot and celery soup, 2 Ryvita half a HEB and a Laughing Cow part HEA

T: Sw chicken curry and rice - with a half portion of yesterday's crumble 2.75 syns + part HEB and yogurt

Drinks: 1.3L of water from fruit tea and water - 1 coffee - part HEA

Exercise: 15 min jog and 30 min walk

Good evening chums!

how has everyone's day been?

Thank you all for the nice messages :) I am very excited to get started with the allotment! Although when I looked out the window and saw all the rain... I just thought arghh weeds will be loving this lol A few peoples to work I told, also said they have allotments! So I can get some tips from them to.

I have been 100% on plan today. I find I just have to suffer the hunger and the cravings and by tomorrow I should be back on track. Another very busy day at work. Lots to do, lots to learn. My manager is going to finally get a talking to about his attitude! After my other team mate complained about him to the big boss! So watch this space... Hehe

Breakfast - banana

Snack - Alpen light bar (hexb)

Lunch - mug shot cheese pasta (1 syn?), added peppers, sweetcorn. Pudding - natural yogurt, honey (1syn) and frozen banana, strawberry and pineapple.

Snack - banana, mango

Tea - jacket potato, cheese (hexa), salad leaves, beet root, sweetcorn, cucumber, pickled cabbage, mayo (1syn)

Pudding - frozen strawberry, banana, blueberries, natural yogurt, honey (1syn)

about 4 syns! I've had about 4 big mugs of fruit tea. I'm trying to drink more sugar free squash tonight to.

Wow Cj that seemed very healthy to me- lots of fruit.
Thanks Upndown that was really helpful and the comparison was amazing.:)

Trying to counteract all that junk I've had the last few days lol! Lots of super speed fruit to!

CJ's food can only be described as exemplary!!

Yes when u think it's the same food being synned it is odd I think but we know SW works don't we? Ur consultant wd explain it more fully I'm sure!!

Doreen I hope ur feeling better again tonight?

Last edited:
Good evening chums!

how has everyone's day been?

Thank you all for the nice messages :) I am very excited to get started with the allotment! Although when I looked out the window and saw all the rain... I just thought arghh weeds will be loving this lol A few peoples to work I told, also said they have allotments! So I can get some tips from them to.

I have been 100% on plan today. I find I just have to suffer the hunger and the cravings and by tomorrow I should be back on track. Another very busy day at work. Lots to do, lots to learn. My manager is going to finally get a talking to about his attitude! After my other team mate complained about him to the big boss! So watch this space... Hehe

Breakfast - banana

Snack - Alpen light bar (hexb)

Lunch - mug shot cheese pasta (1 syn?), added peppers, sweetcorn. Pudding - natural yogurt, honey (1syn) and frozen banana, strawberry and pineapple.

Snack - banana, mango

Tea - jacket potato, cheese (hexa), salad leaves, beet root, sweetcorn, cucumber, pickled cabbage, mayo (1syn)

Pudding - frozen strawberry, banana, blueberries, natural yogurt, honey (1syn)

about 4 syns! I've had about 4 big mugs of fruit tea. I'm trying to drink more sugar free squash tonight to.

Uber healthy day!! Well done - it's hard after a couple of days of eating what u fancy isn't it?? But as u say u'll be fine 2moro I'm sure - I think having WI on Weds helps too?

All ur talk about allotments got me sowing seeds today - we're waiting to have a new fence put up next to my little veg patch so can't start there - but decided to make a start on another small patch and if fence isn't done soon - will have to grow seedlings on in pots!! It'll be interesting to hear how u get on and will save u a fortune in salad, veg and herbs - plus all that body magic and fun with the family too! Wonder if the allotment has been used recently or has it been standing? Bet u'll have a new social life with the other plot holders too!

So glad to hear that Mr Grump will be facing the music soon - what a way to behave! Hope he turns a corner.

Back