LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Hi - hope everyone's well - as Doreen said - it's v quiet here today - expect everyone's busy - here's my food for the day:

B: melon, pear, grapes and fat free from frais

L: Winter Veg soup - 2 Ryvita part HEB, 1 Laughing Cow triangle part HEA

T: cheese (HEA) & onion, mushroom omelette - 2oz frozen chips 5 syns (not worth it - shd have had a baked potato but just got in and grabbed them from freezer!) baked beans
Toffee Mulark (Toffee Muller mixed with Quark, sweetener & gelatine) with strawbs

Drinks approx. 1.6L - hard to gauge when drinking out - think I'll stick to 1.6L which is NHS website recommendation - found it hard trying to drink 2L!!

Exercise: 1 hour 20 min walk

Off to bed right now. 9.30pm.

x

Hello Everyone. No swimmng today. Breakfast 2 toast. lunch- my OH made Irish stew- ( lamb chops no fat, potatoes, carrots and onions). Tea- vegetable curry with rice. melon. I was wanting a snack for supper sovI had great fun making sw crisps with frylight in the micro wave. It took that long just with one small potato and it needed that much concentration that by the time I had a small bowl full they were enough as I had forgotten I was hungry lol. Hope everybody has had a good day.

Well I put on 3.1/2lbs. Not a disaster I say. No.
When I got out of the shower this morning I looked down at my legs and noticed I had no ankles. My fingers did not want to clench into a fist, my head was hurting and I remembered my itchy feet and legs when I got warm.
Symptoms of when I have water retention. Used to suffer with it very badly to the extent that some years ago I was on 15 directics a day plus tablets to put the potassium back in my body. I do get water retention a few times a year but did not spot the symptoms this time.
Hopefully then not a disaster.

Back later. Got to pick girls up from Zumba, I could not go cause of my aching legs & neck.

Hello Doreen. That sounds so very painful. I hope you are going to go to the doctors to get some medication to sort it out. That will be the cause of the weight Im sure. Its like having a future loss up your sleeve. Take care Mo :)

Well I put on 3.1/2lbs. Not a disaster I say. No.
When I got out of the shower this morning I looked down at my legs and noticed I had no ankles. My fingers did not want to clench into a fist, my head was hurting and I remembered my itchy feet and legs when I got warm.
Symptoms of when I have water retention. Used to suffer with it very badly to the extent that some years ago I was on 15 directics a day plus tablets to put the potassium back in my body. I do get water retention a few times a year but did not spot the symptoms this time.
Hopefully then not a disaster.

Back later. Got to pick girls up from Zumba, I could not go cause of my aching legs & neck.

Oooooh Doreen - that does sound nasty - I hope u'll get something to sort that very soon - how long did it take to heal last time?? Take care

Hello Everyone. No swimmng today. Breakfast 2 toast. lunch- my OH made Irish stew- ( lamb chops no fat, potatoes, carrots and onions). Tea- vegetable curry with rice. melon. I was wanting a snack for supper sovI had great fun making sw crisps with frylight in the micro wave. It took that long just with one small potato and it needed that much concentration that by the time I had a small bowl full they were enough as I had forgotten I was hungry lol. Hope everybody has had a good day.

That took something to take the fat off the lamb - that's my favourite bit - v unhealthy full of syns tho'!

I know what u mean about making SW crisps - half of mine usually stick to the plate too - and cos I can't bear to waste them after all the hassle - so I endanger myself by scraping them off with a sharp knife - the lengths I go to - to eat a treat!! What did u use to cut them - I struggle to get them thin enough!!

Oooooh Doreen - that does sound nasty - I hope u'll get something to sort that very soon - how long did it take to heal last time?? Take care

It is uncomfortable. I have take a couple of Aquaban for the time being and some headache tablets. Hopefully it will start moving soon. The headache tablets will only really help my neck pain.

I will ring the Doc on Monday but they don`t like giving me directics because not too good for diabetics. but as I am buying rubbish ones anyway perhaps he will give me some better ones. Thanks for your concern.

Hello . Yes Upndown I agree the fat on the lamb is the best bit lol but it was removed. I used the potato peeler. lol funny enough I cant get the hang of it for peeling at all and usually use a vegetable knife. Doreen Im so glad you are going to ring the Doctors. I hope he gives you some proper diuretics. :)

Hello . Yes Upndown I agree the fat on the lamb is the best bit lol but it was removed. I used the potato peeler. lol funny enough I cant get the hang of it for peeling at all and usually use a vegetable knife. Doreen Im so glad you are going to ring the Doctors. I hope he gives you some proper diuretics. :)

Ah that is how you spell diuretics.

My food for today.

B: 2 bacon, 2 eggs, mushrooms 2 toast

L; 5 scan bran, banana & yogurt

D: 2 thin pork loin chops, boiled spud, cabbage & brocolli. Chicken gravy.
Frozen fruits and yogurt.

Several cups of coffee.

syns 13

5 for scan bran
3 for gravy grans
2 for sweets
3 for Baileys

Ive just had a thoughtDoreen, melon is a diuretic. I think there may be other foods too. I know they wont solve te problem but maybe they could help. I will do a google.:)

There is quite a list,cranberries, watermelon, tomatoes, lemon, asparagus, sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cucumber, lettuce, celery and aubergine. Oats.

There is quite a list,cranberries, watermelon, tomatoes, lemon, asparagus, sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cucumber, lettuce, celery and aubergine. Oats.

Thanks Mo. I do eat lots of cabbage but not much of the rest so will give them a try.

I thought oats were interesting. They not only help lower cholesterol but are diuretic.

Evening all!

I am feeling tired tonight. Busy day!

Well lol I was good until about 5pm yesterday.. Then the cocktails started flowing although they did have blended fruit in... Superfree?? lol clutching at straws hehe then the cheesy, chicken mushroom pasta happened.. Then the cheese garlic bread. Then the cheesecake! (Notice a theme?). So I stopped syn counting at that point.

today was going well.. Then I had a mc ds grilled chicken wrap for lunch. Then a big fat Chinese for tea.. Oh dear. Anyway tomorrow I will hopefully climb back on that wagon.

Yesterday I went shopping.. I bought 2 tops.. In a size 10!!!! That has never ever ever happened before! My top half is now slim it's the bottom half that needs the work! LJ has arrived safely this afternoon :) We went to check out some allotments! We are going to view one tomorrow we are excited but a little scared about can we do it.

I have had a busy body magic day, cleaned the house etc. I don't feel like I've stopped. So having a nice rest now.

I hope everyone has had a good day and that the smog is on it's way out. It's playing havoc with my hay fever in the mornings!

Have a great evening :)

Evening all!

Well lol I was good until about 5pm yesterday.. Then the cocktails started flowing although they did have blended fruit in... Superfree?? lol clutching at straws hehe then the cheesy, chicken mushroom pasta happened.. Then the cheese garlic bread. Then the cheesecake! (Notice a theme?). So I stopped syn counting at that point.

today was going well.. Then I had a mc ds grilled chicken wrap for lunch. Then a big fat Chinese for tea.. Oh dear. Anyway tomorrow I will hopefully climb back on that wagon.

Yesterday I went shopping.. I bought 2 tops.. In a size 10!!!! That has never ever ever happened before! My top half is now slim it's the bottom half that needs the work! LJ has arrived safely this afternoon :) We went to check out some allotments! We are going to view one tomorrow we are excited but a little scared about can we do it.

I have had a busy body magic day, cleaned the house etc. I don't feel like I've stopped. So having a nice rest now.

I hope everyone has had a good day and that the smog is on it's way out. It's playing havoc with my hay fever in the mornings!

Cheese, I love cheese. Don`t buy it very often,. I am sure you enjoyed your food, it does sound like it.
Size 10 absolutely fantastic CJ.
There is plenty of room on the wagon. See you there. x

Evening all!

Yes just draw a line under it now and book ur seat on the wagon for 2moro's journey!! I'm sure LJ will help u to get to ur destination (pls say hello to her from me). Hope the copious body magic has burnt off yesterday's wonderful goodies - drool, drool!! Hope hayfever improves now the smog is dissipating!

Enjoy ur allotment viewing - are u going for a full sized or half one - either way - u'll be body'magicked out year round and have a plentiful supply of organic, low cost veg, herbs, salads, fruit year round!! I've heard that established allomenters are generous with their advice and support to newbies!!

I thought oats were interesting. They not only help lower cholesterol but are diuretic.

I knew they helped reduce cholesterol cos a friend eats oats for that reason but didn't realise they were diuretic - u'd think they'd soak up ur fluids!! Perhaps we shd all eat loads of them for the 2 days b4 WI - but don't suppose several flapjacks wd count!!

Ooooh I love this thread - so much info from our kind, friendly group - these food cd be the answer to our prayers when we're feeling bloated shortly b4 WI!! - thanks

Back