LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Good morning everybody, what a lovely day it is. Sunshine and warmth and a good food day. What more can a girl want except the encouragement we give each other.

My green plan for today.

B: 2 eggs, lots mushroom & 2 toast.
L: lettuce, toms, baby beets. boiled eggs, peppers, onion and a small potato
D: Lasagne made with 60g minced beef, (h/e) onion, peppers, bns, corgette & carrot
sauce will be fat free nat yog & an egg mixed together with a little cheese on top (h/e).
Gonna make some pudding rice with water and have some frozen berries with it.
(spotted CJ`s berry ice cream and thought I have some berries in freezer)
Will have some fresh fruit and a least one litre of water/juice as well as coffees.

No syns so far today. Oh yes had a sugar drop while doing some gardening & had 3 sugar cubes 1.1/2 syns.

Well a great SW day Doreen - lots of superfree and body magic in the garden too!

Ur mention of a sugar drop and reminded me that I found some of those rhubarb and custard sweets in the cupboard last week and ate about 4 of them over a few days (all gone now) but genuinely slipped my memory when posting my food - funny that - I seem to report every morsel of fruit/veg LOL!

Hello Everybody. I hope everyone has had a good day. I hung the curtains I made this morning and they looked smashing so I was delighted. Food today- 1 slice of toast with flora extra light. Lunch- roast beef, boiled carrots, peas and mashed potato with gravy. ( this started as a Morrisons roast dinner but I gave rmy partner the yorkshire pudding and the roast potatoes) Tea- baked beans on toast with blue laughing cow. Melon. blackberries with mullerlight yoghurt. :)

Another good food day - wow to passing on the roasties and Yorkshire pud takes some doing - I did the same today but somehow still 'missing them'!!

How lovely to be able to make ur own curtains - I wdn't know where to start!!

Hi Everyone hope the weather's been good with u all and u've enjoyed ur day.

It's been a busy day here - out for lunch with frail mother in law and hubby's family then our local son & family popped in later on & flowers & phone calls from sons who live away - so a nice day.

Chocs too but opened them straightaway - shared them with the family and ate 5 (345 cals so about 17 syns :eek: ) but luckily I've not had many syns this week (except Weds) and will cut down 2moro and Tues so hope that'll be ok with the scales on Weds! All chocs gone now!

Today's food:

No b'fast - saved myself for lunch

L: a carvery so good for SW-ers! Roast ham, turkey, bit of stuffing, leeks in cheese sauce took as little sauce as poss, carrots, peas, sweetcorn (passed on Yorks pud, gravy and roasties/mash) mango parfait the size of a ramekin - no idea how to syn that lot??

No tea - felt too full

Drinks - 2 coffees full fat milk, 1 fruit tea, 2.1L water

No exercise

Hi Everyone hope the weather's been good with u all and u've enjoyed ur day.

It's been a busy day here - out for lunch with frail mother in law and hubby's family then our local son & family popped in later on & flowers & phone calls from sons who live away - so a nice day.

Chocs too but opened them straightaway - shared them with the family and ate 5 (345 cals so about 17 syns :eek: ) but luckily I've not had many syns this week (except Weds) and will cut down 2moro and Tues so hope that'll be ok with the scales on Weds! All chocs gone now!

Today's food:

No b'fast - saved myself for lunch

L: a carvery so good for SW-ers! Roast ham, turkey, bit of stuffing, leeks in cheese sauce took as little sauce as poss, carrots, peas, sweetcorn (passed on Yorks pud, gravy and roasties/mash) mango parfait the size of a ramekin - no idea how to syn that lot??

No tea - felt too full

Drinks - 2 coffees full fat milk, 1 fruit tea, 2.1L water

No exercise

You were so good not having roasties & yorkshire pud. Loads of will power, well done upndown.

I ended up having 13 syns yesterday. Didn`t put down salad cream 1, extra cheese 3.1/2, sweets 4?.. sugar 1.1/2, baileys 3.
Had written it down but not put on here.

I am thinking I am eating too much again, scales not moving the right way. Oh my head will not stop thinking of eating.

Got some soup cooking, hope that helps.

I ended up having 13 syns yesterday. Didn`t put down salad cream 1, extra cheese 3.1/2, sweets 4?.. sugar 1.1/2, baileys 3.
Had written it down but not put on here.

I am thinking I am eating too much again, scales not moving the right way. Oh my head will not stop thinking of eating.

Got some soup cooking, hope that helps.

Know what u mean - why does that happen sometimes I wonder - is there any pattern with u - I haven't noticed one with me!

I agree with LJ and CJ's posts about fibre filling us up - works for me as does having a hot drink after a meal, they seem to 'tell' me that I'm full.

Can u go for a walk or get stuck into something to take ur mind off food - I know it's easier said than done - hope the soup does the trick!

Know what u mean - why does that happen sometimes I wonder - is there any pattern with u - I haven't noticed one with me!

I agree with LJ and CJ's posts about fibre filling us up - works for me as does having a hot drink after a meal, they seem to 'tell' me that I'm full.

Can u go for a walk or get stuck into something to take ur mind off food - I know it's easier said than done - hope the soup does the trick!

I haven`t noticed a patter but will keep an eye, I get stuck into cross stitch so my hands are occupied, unfortunately not my mouth.
Gonna have the bns & carrot soup which was cooked with thr skins on the ingredients so fibre. I had planned to have a ham sarni with some salad too but changed my mind for the moment. I have to go out so will see how the soup does.
I can have the sarni for supper.
Will let you know how the soup works.

Hello Everybody. I think soup is brilliant for filling you up. I have a pan of butternut squash and sweetpotato soup cooking at present. I love it and it makes me feel full.

Hello Everybody. I think soup is brilliant for filling you up. I have a pan of butternut squash and sweetpotato soup cooking at present. I love it and it makes me feel full.

Yes I agree - filling, tasty and lots of superfree/speed ingredients too!

I had my soup and a few grapes & coffee as well as a pint of water. I felt quite comfortable then. Mind you have been watching the clock so can start dinner. It is cooking now.

Mo I put a sweet potato in with my bns & carrot, I liked in but prefer it without sweet potato.

Hope everyone's had a good day - I did my 5th day on the salad challenge today - but bending the rules cos I've had carbs most - if not all days!! Also developed a thing for nuts! Had a light day today - trying to reverse any damage from yesterday's treats!

B: melon, grapes and pineapple with fat free fromage frais - 3 Brazil nuts half a HEB

L: warm salad, broccoli, onions/leeks frylighted, cherry toms, beet, pepper and potato with balsamic

T: SW veg soup, SW chicken curry 2/3 superfree, a few noodles, 10 hazelnuts half a HEB, Toffee Mullerlight mixed with sweetener, almond essence & quark (to make it thicker)

Drinks: Sugar free squash, Fruit Tea, Water 2.5L - had to have squash today - just cdn't face anymore water on its own

Exercise - Walk 30 mins

Hello Everyone. hope your days have gone well. I swam my equivalent of 40 ordinary pool lengths this morning. Food today- ( another too much bread day) 2 toast with flora light, 1 mullerlight, melon. Lunch- 2 bowls of butternut squash and sweet potato soup, 2 slices of bread. Tea- baked beans on 2 slices of toast.
Sorry you didnt like the sweet potato in your soup Doreen.

Hello Everyone. hope your days have gone well. I swam my equivalent of 40 ordinary pool lengths this morning. Food today- ( another too much bread day) 2 toast with flora light, 1 mullerlight, melon. Lunch- 2 bowls of butternut squash and sweet potato soup, 2 slices of bread. Tea- baked beans on 2 slices of toast.
Sorry you didnt like the sweet potato in your soup Doreen.

Good on the body magic - and if u class that day as a Green day - ur 3rd portion of bread could be classed as 6 syns so well within syns! Well done!

Sounds good to me upndown.

My food today.

B: 2 eggs on toast & lot mushrooms
During the course of the morning I had 5 sugar free sweets, (2.1/2 syns) and a pear.
L: BNS/carrot soup a few grapes (well half a box) coffee.
D: 3 chicken thighs, cabbage, brocolli, SW chips made from 2 medium size spuds.

8.15pm. Fancy something now so going to have some frozen berries with sweetner on. No yogurt left. Then finish the evening off with a Baileys Irish coffee.

SYNS for the day 5.1/2. Pleased with that. Wonder what the scales will say in the morning?

Sounds good to me upndown.

My food today.

B: 2 eggs on toast & lot mushrooms
During the course of the morning I had 5 sugar free sweets, (2.1/2 syns) and a pear.
L: BNS/carrot soup a few grapes (well half a box) coffee.
D: 3 chicken thighs, cabbage, brocolli, SW chips made from 2 medium size spuds.

8.15pm. Fancy something now so going to have some frozen berries with sweetner on. No yogurt left. Then finish the evening off with a Baileys Irish coffee.

SYNS for the day 5.1/2. Pleased with that. Wonder what the scales will say in the morning?

Hope they say something nice to you!!

Hope they say something nice to you!!

Talking scales would be good. In fact when I am with Faye & Flynn they do talk !!:rolleyes:

Evening!

Very tired today, the boss is back.... With a vengeance and stomping all over my good positive mood!! so a quick post today.

I am still on plan, managed a 2.2 mile walk at lunch, it was a lovely day so warm. I went to the village across the bridge from the office. i bought a 1L bottle of water and drank half while on my walk.

Breakfast - scrambled egg, toast (hexb), passata

Snack - banana

Lunch - jacket potato, beans and cheese (hexa)

Snack - mango, banana

Tea - pasta, pasta sauce (1.5syns), sweetcorn, peppers, mushroom, chopped bgty bacon, cheese (5syns) with salad leaves

Pudding - frozen strawberry and banana yogurt/ice cream with honey (1syn)

Im sure I've had more syns than this.. Lol

Feeling good for weigh in, the scales are moving in the right direction.

Glad ad to see everyone is still on plan and getting in their body magic! Keep it going, weigh day is approaching! :) a good loss for us all this week.

Hope u get some chill time tonight - another good day on plan - so not surprised it's showing on the scales!

Hey all. Sorry I have been quiet. Just life keeping me busy. But I am doing OK and still on plan and like CJ, the scales are being kind to me this week and I am optimistic for weigh in on Wednesday morning. Absolutely convinced that high fibre is the way to go. I will continue my high fibre breakfast kefir smoothies. I stay full and not hungry for hours. I don't even need that mid morning banana anymore.

I have been drinking loads of fizzy water too. Really getting into that and my thirst has increased so I feel the need for the water rather than having to force it down.

Breakfast: Green kefir smoothie (loads of raw spinach, frozen berries, banana, apple, kefir, Linwoods crushed seeds and nut mix). Yummy! Kefir = HexA, seed mix (20g = 5 syns)

Lunch: Lentil broth, 1 slice spelt bread 60g (HexB)

Dinner: veg biryani, handful of grapes

Afternoon snack: banana

I am still taking the liquorice and mastic gum for my stomach. They recommend treatment for two months so I will stop at the end of April. I have no symptoms of the ulcer or any heartburn so it worked!

Taking glucosamine with chondroitin for my arthritis and SAM-e tablets for pain. It's tolerable and I am learning to live with it and not focus on it.

Great to see everyone doing well. Goodnight all. :)

Hey all. Sorry I have been quiet. Just life keeping me busy. But I am doing OK and still on plan and like CJ, the scales are being kind to me this week and I am optimistic for weigh in on Wednesday morning. Absolutely convinced that high fibre is the way to go. I will continue my high fibre breakfast kefir smoothies. I stay full and not hungry for hours. I don't even need that mid morning banana anymore.

I have been drinking loads of fizzy water too. Really getting into that and my thirst has increased so I feel the need for the water rather than having to force it down.

Breakfast: Green kefir smoothie (loads of raw spinach, frozen berries, banana, apple, kefir, Linwoods crushed seeds and nut mix). Yummy! Kefir = HexA, seed mix (20g = 5 syns)

Lunch: Lentil broth, 1 slice spelt bread 60g (HexB)

Dinner: veg biryani, handful of grapes

Afternoon snack: banana

I am still taking the liquorice and mastic gum for my stomach. They recommend treatment for two months so I will stop at the end of April. I have no symptoms of the ulcer or any heartburn so it worked!

Taking glucosamine with chondroitin for my arthritis and SAM-e tablets for pain. It's tolerable and I am learning to live with it and not focus on it.

Great to see everyone doing well. Goodnight all. :)

Hi LJ - good to hear from u and glad u've found so many health & diet solutions which are showing on the scales!! Not long for WI now - the 'finger' on my scales is on a go slow this week but at least it's moving in the right direction!!

I've been following a salad challenge this week which to be honest has seemed like 'hard work' and that's led to me feeling a bit fed up with this dieting lark!! But will carry on - I feel much better since I've lost weight & getting into clothes I haven't worn for a while - so will keep plodding on!!

Back