LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Morning Everyone - hope everyone's well and up for another SW day!? The sun is shining and it feels warm already - hope it is with u all? So I think I'll go for a walk then tidy up the garden a bit - might even sow some veg Mmmmm.... I buy loads of packets of seeds but don't have a big garden - so it's always a question of what to grow and where to fit them in LOL!

Hi upndown have to agree it did feel more of a 'diet' with the salad challenge, so back to 'a way of life' but including as much superfree as i can anyway.

Hope all you lovely ladies are doing well. Im on a high at the moment and dont want to ever come back down!! X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sounds good to me upndown.

My food today.

B: 2 eggs on toast & lot mushrooms
During the course of the morning I had 5 sugar free sweets, (2.1/2 syns) and a pear.
L: BNS/carrot soup a few grapes (well half a box) coffee.
D: 3 chicken thighs, cabbage, brocolli, SW chips made from 2 medium size spuds.

8.15pm. Fancy something now so going to have some frozen berries with sweetner on. No yogurt left. Then finish the evening off with a Baileys Irish coffee.

SYNS for the day 5.1/2. Pleased with that. Wonder what the scales will say in the morning?

I have decided I will put my food down the next day. A bit of a disaster.
On top of the above I had 4 bread 10syns, 3syns worth of salad cream
Total 18.5 syns.
Then at 1am I went to bed, woke at 7, got up for an hour, went back to bed and got up at 1.45pm.
Another line ___________________ carry on.

LJ nice to hear from you again. If it wasn`t for you I wouldn`t have all these lovely ladies to talk to.
So glad that treatment is working. I am sure it is difficult coping with life in general, eating plans as well.
As for arthritis that can be very painful as you obviously know. I am lucky at present, just have it in my big toe and the fleshy part of my thumb. Don`t know one sort from another so don`t what type it is.

As I said nice to hear from you again. xx

Hello Everybody. Hasnt it been a beautiful day? I swam my usual 40 equivalent lengths this morning. It was great.
Food today- 2 toast (1 with laughing cow light triangle and 1 with flora extra light) Lunch- 2 bowls of sweet potato and butternut squash soup with 1 slice of bread. Tea- potato mashed with a drop of milk, carrots, brocoli, onions, cauliflower, 1 slice of boiled ham and gravy.

Hello Everybody. Hasnt it been a beautiful day? I swam my usual 40 equivalent lengths this morning. It was great.
Food today- 2 toast (1 with laughing cow light triangle and 1 with flora extra light) Lunch- 2 bowls of sweet potato and butternut squash soup with 1 slice of bread. Tea- potato mashed with a drop of milk, carrots, brocoli, onions, cauliflower, 1 slice of boiled ham and gravy.

Yes lovely here too - another good day Mo - u shd have a good loss this week!

I have decided I will put my food down the next day. A bit of a disaster.
On top of the above I had 4 bread 10syns, 3syns worth of salad cream
Total 18.5 syns.
Then at 1am I went to bed, woke at 7, got up for an hour, went back to bed and got up at 1.45pm.
Another line ___________________ carry on.

Yes that's a good idea! Wonder why we pick at things sometimes yet others we stick to the plan?

Ur doing the right thing drawing a line under it - sounds like u don't fret about things - like I do sometimes - keep on carrying on, carrying on!!

Good evening! What a lovely day it was today, shame to have been stuck in the office. Only 1 1/2 days until my long weekend starts! Then LJ will be here Friday :D

A good on plan for me today, I have felt strangely not hungry today.

Breakfast - toast (hexb), scrambled egg (haha spell check changed that to dog! Lol), passata

Lunch - pasta leftovers (peppers, sweetcorn, mushroom, pasta sauce (1.5syns) only ate half of this.

Snack - mango

Tea - leftover veg lasagne, garlic fried potatoes, salad leaves and a few beans.. Strange tea lol oh and a bit of salad cream (1syn)

Still feeling full at the minute. So no desire for pudding. I'm really hoping for good things on the scales!

good luck to all the Wednesday weighers! And thank you to LJ for bringing our lovely group together! Much nicer than my SW group was :) I don't know about anyone else.. But when I look at naughty food or think about going off the rails.. You are all sitting there of my shoulder shaking your heads. Lol

I didn't get in any exercise today, I spent my lunch hour in the car on the phone changing all my direct debits to my new bank account! Only one more to do and they are closed now, so I will do that at the weekend!

Yes that's a good idea! Wonder why we pick at things sometimes yet others we stick to the plan?

Ur doing the right thing drawing a line under it - sounds like u don't fret about things - like I do sometimes - keep on carrying on, carrying on!!

I agree. We mustn't let these things throw us off course. We have to learn to still treat ourselves when we get to our goal weight but not go crazy. We are all learning. I think once we all get to goal.. And we all will! We will be so stubborn we won't let it all go back on, because we have worked to hard to go back to that! Hup 2..3..4 :)

I always get envious when I see your swimming, I'm hoping when LJ is back we can go swimming sometimes. It's so relaxing.

LJ had a restless night, so hopefully she is having an early night so she will feel much better on the morning! I'm sure she will be back with us tomorrow :)

Hi upndown have to agree it did feel more of a 'diet' with the salad challenge, so back to 'a way of life' but including as much superfree as i can anyway.

Hope all you lovely ladies are doing well. Im on a high at the moment and dont want to ever come back down!! X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Glad to hear your In such high spirits bubble! You stay up there :)

Morning Everyone - hope everyone's well and up for another SW day!? The sun is shining and it feels warm already - hope it is with u all? So I think I'll go for a walk then tidy up the garden a bit - might even sow some veg Mmmmm.... I buy loads of packets of seeds but don't have a big garden - so it's always a question of what to grow and where to fit them in LOL!

Did you manage your walk? It was lovely and warm here today to. The sun was hiding behind the clouds. If you ever run out of gardening.... Come on over lol I keep looking at mine.. It's a bit of a jungle and it's a pretty big garden, lots of big crazy trees/shrubs all round the edges, lawn.. A frog pond, then a bit that's got trellis in front then a big shed and some apple trees! It sounds lovely... But it's out of control lol! I think it might need the hands of a professional!

Lovely weather but best laid plans I posted this morning didn't happen .... school phoned asking me to pick Poppy up cos she was unwell again. Sore ears and throat - which she has repeatedly, coincidentally she had a appt with a consultant later in the afternoon.

He said her hearing was very poor (which we knew) but it was her adenoids and throat which were causing the prob - he gave a prescription of 3 meds to take for 4 wks - then will retest and if no change he'll operate. Then my neighbour had some upsetting news when I got back home so went to see her. So just had tea - strangely, I wasn't hungry!

Hope u've all been on plan and managed to spend some time in the sun - even if it was a snatched half hour at lunch. Here's my food:

B: melon, grapes, pear and pineapple, fat free yog

L: smoked mackerel, lettuce, pepper, onion, beet, raw carrot, balsamic
Mullark (my name for a mixture of Muller (toffee today) and Quark, sweetener, vanilla and almond essence with gelatine Mmmmm.....

T: salmon, similar salad to above with sweet chilli dressing 1 syn
Rest of the Mullark, 10 hazelnuts - half HEB

Drinks: 2 fruit teas 600ml, 400ml sugar free squash, 1.25L water = Total - 2.25L

Exercise: none other than running after Poppy!

Hey Upd :p well done on the salad challenge this week hun and your sexpress, you've worked really hard, I hope you have a super duper loss tomorrow hun ! Good Luck ! :D

Kay xx

Hello Everyone. CJ the swimming strarted in ernest last November. I had retired last March and had been diagnosed with a strange form of angina. I had never been one to exercise really. Last year my son had bought me a spa day as a present. I loved the swimming in the pool. My partner then found an advert for a months trial membership at the leisure facilities at a local hotel . I went along and loved it. At first I thought it might be a passing phase but it has become part of my life. I really miss it when I cant swim each day. Of course it also is beneficial for my health and of course my weight loss. :)

Good evening! What a lovely day it was today, shame to have been stuck in the office. Only 1 1/2 days until my long weekend starts! Then LJ will be here Friday :D

A good on plan for me today, I have felt strangely not hungry today.

Breakfast - toast (hexb), scrambled egg (haha spell check changed that to dog! Lol), passata

Lunch - pasta leftovers (peppers, sweetcorn, mushroom, pasta sauce (1.5syns) only ate half of this.

Snack - mango

Tea - leftover veg lasagne, garlic fried potatoes, salad leaves and a few beans.. Strange tea lol oh and a bit of salad cream (1syn)

Still feeling full at the minute. So no desire for pudding. I'm really hoping for good things on the scales!

good luck to all the Wednesday weighers! And thank you to LJ for bringing our lovely group together! Much nicer than my SW group was :) I don't know about anyone else.. But when I look at naughty food or think about going off the rails.. You are all sitting there of my shoulder shaking your heads. Lol

I didn't get in any exercise today, I spent my lunch hour in the car on the phone changing all my direct debits to my new bank account! Only one more to do and they are closed now, so I will do that at the weekend!

Sorry to hear LJ's had a bad night - hope she'll have a peaceful one tonight & feel brighter in the morning. I'm sure u'll all enjoy ur family weekend.

Glad u've had another gd day on plan - I've not been hungry today either - I find Mon and Tues easier cos of WI on Weds or is it the posting of the WI which is scarier - only joking - I know I only get support when I'm disappointed. I shd have a loss this wk of 1.5 - 2 ok but not brill as I sts last wk plus I've done the salad challenge - but at least it's a loss.

Fully agree that LJ's thread is more supportive (and fun) than any class I've been too - thx again LJ - Minis is also available 24 hours for rants too and we know we'll get a response within a few hours.

Evening all.
Are we heavy on your shoulders CJ. I have been doing some work in the garden, huffing & puffing away. I love to see it done but takes a lot out of me, but good exercise. I sometimes go to see my DIL`s Mum and give her a hand. I usually stay a couple of days so can do a bit at a time. She has a big garden and is frightened, no terrified of spiders, bugs etc. so won`t go out in the garden a lot.

I wish I could swim Mo the water always looks so inviting, but I am scared of the water. Luckily my boys & grandchildren don`t take after me, they all swim.

Upndown - I may not sound like I fret but I do, I worry in case I say blow it and just eat again the folowwing day. If not for putting it down here I would have not done so good today. It`s because I know someone is there to support.

My Flynn has just had another sore throat and earache. He had a problem with his ear when he was little so have suggested to his Mum and Dad that they have it investigated further. They said they would.

I am now going to have a drink then off to bed. Going out in the morning.

Good luck any weighers for Wednesday. xx

Hello . I totally agree with the thoughts on the support from LJs thread. I been to a number of different sw groups but have never felt the same about them as I do this group on here. I love to read about lives, and thoughts and feelings. Fantastic support. Thank you :)

Hello Everyone. CJ the swimming strarted in ernest last November. I had retired last March and had been diagnosed with a strange form of angina. I had never been one to exercise really. Last year my son had bought me a spa day as a present. I loved the swimming in the pool. My partner then found an advert for a months trial membership at the leisure facilities at a local hotel . I went along and loved it. At first I thought it might be a passing phase but it has become part of my life. I really miss it when I cant swim each day. Of course it also is beneficial for my health and of course my weight loss. :)

Not just a lovely present but it's led to a nice hobby, helps the weight and making u healthier - well done Mo.

I keep meaning to say this but my posts are so long didn't want to make then longer - a funny thing happened to me about a week ago when I was out walking - I started to jog for some reason - it was very slow - no faster than walking really - but I enjoyed it!!

I used to jog a bit and have done a few of 5k and 10k charity runs - so when got home - I entered the local Race for Life for Cancer Research - so will have to start training in earnest it's in June - but it's fun event rather than a race - children, dogs and ppl in wheelchairs participate so u can walk/jog or a mix of both so I shdn't need a stretcher at the end!

Back