LL and Medication

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Has anyone found that medication affects you differently when you are on LL?

I have a couple of old injuries that flare up occassionaly and I need to take Codeine for them to ease the pain. It just occured to me last night that I wondered what taking them on an empty stomach would be like? (empty as in no solid food,e tc. I know it won't be EMPTY empty).

I was just comparing it to drinking on an empty stomach - the affects are so much stronger. I wondered if that would be the same for medication??

Thanks!!

(getting nervous as January gets closer and closer......:D)

I have found that taking them with a pack is the best thing.Haven't noticed that the effects are any different but then that might be because I am still fat?I have always needed more tablets than recommended to have an effect and the doctor said it was because the doses are worked out for people with an average BMI, not one twice as big like me.So you may not notice any difference in effects.

Thank you :) Yes I was impressed too :) I actually lost 18lbs in my first week with LL 2 years ago, but I was just over 2 stone heavier then, so was expecting around 12 lbs this time.I lost an average of 5 lbs a week with LL :)

If I take paracetamol I am fine, but if I take nurofen it makes me feel very ill.
Not sure if that helps at all.

Whatever you take, take it when you take your pack. I learnt this the hard way and spent one night VERY poorly on the loo (won't go into details) after taking a cystitis remedy without a fodpack in my tummy. Needless to say, I won't be doing it again!

Or if you're having bars take it with a bar-more solid than a soup or shake so might be better.

Back