LL Bars - is there a problem?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by MaxieP, 8 February 2007 Social URL.

1. MaxieP

MaxieP Full Member

What's the problem with the bars? I've read a few people say that they don't eat them any more. Do they slow down weight loss?

Maxie

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. nce1

nce1 is a reader not a poster

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I don't think that the bars slow your weight loss down but i personally think they taste awful.

Mini likes this.
  4. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    You actually can get to like them as after a while you do not notice the vitamin taste but can taste the flavour...this goes for all of the bars regardless ... Lipotrim flapjacks I found very hard to get use too, nearly gagged on my first one and pulled faces that a contortionist would be proud of...but after a few moths of not chewing they were almost nice.:rolleyes:

Some have been known to like them from the start.

Love Mini xxx

5. mags1x

mags1x mags

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Bit of this bit of that
    I still take them sometimes, I don't mind the flavours but the nutty one is extra extra dry!

I do find I have to watch my mood.....Have something to chew on the wrong sort of day and its too much like food, can start me off on the slippery slope to eating other stuff.

Mags
    xxx

6. Geri

Geri Gold Member

The bars have slighty more calories and carbs than the packs - which is why you are just to have the one a day. Even with a bar and the packs you're looking at 500 or less cals a day - so I wouldnt worry about them, just enjoy :D

7. skinnyminny

skinnyminny Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    W8
    I asked my LLC about them last week as I would rather have 4 bars per day than the soups/shakes. I asked why we were only allowed one & she said it is part of the rules!!!!

When I pressed her about it she said there is no nutrional reason why, but it restricted as part of the programme as a a form of discipline.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Conufused? me too!!

If I were allowed 4 bars per day it would be so much better for me as I struggle with the shakes & soups. :sigh: oh well rules are rules I suppose even though I do not understand the reason behind them.

x

8. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Not sure if LL bars have the same effect as CD bars .... but if they do you wouldn't want 4 a day!!!

I've been known to have 2CD bars in the past ... and you have awful tummy ache - and as D_Q calls it choccy waterfalls!! So would not like to think what 4 would do!!!!!!!!!!!

9. mags1x

mags1x mags

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Bit of this bit of that
    the reason you are not allowed more is because there are more carbs in the bars, more than one can tip the ketosis balance and bring you out

hope that makes you feel better about rules although why your LLC wouldn't say is a mystery...

Mags
    xxx

10. dawntinkler34

dawntinkler34 Water Baby

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi everyone,

my LLC told me its a form of discipline cos if you chew every meal you may go back to eating 'normal' food quicker??

Mini likes this.
  11. westhills

westhills I STILL mean it!

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    8st13lb(41.25%)
    The bars have a laxative effect, and alsoantisocial amounts of wind in some people! (me included!) I couldn't even eat one, and be comfortable.
    Ann

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.