LL -> CD convert!

oxfordruse

This Time It's Personal!
Hi all,

My name's Greg and I've lurked for a couple of weeks on these forums, while I've been on LighterLife, but now I think is the ideal point to make myself known, because I'm ditching LighterLife! :eek:

The high cost, and the ineffective counselling I'm having, have turned me to the (dark side?) Cambridge diet.

I meet my counsellor on Thursday, and she says I can finish up my LL packs (which will last until Monday) and buy just the stuff I'll need until next Thursday. I'm so excited!

Can anyone give me any advice or anecdotes about switching from LL to CD?

I'm a bit worried that it's going to be somehow detrimental to my weightloss. I'm very sensitive to carbs (after years of abusing Atkins) and, from what I can tell, there are more carbs in a CD pack. This is probably just old ways of thinking of which I should divest myself. I've been carb-obsessed for years.

Right, I'll go and make an introductory post in the newbie forum now.

Last edited:
welcome and best of luck. From what I hear cd is cheaper and alot tastier than LL. So best of luck with you you will do fab :)

becky xx

Hi! I did LL from Feb to Dec last year, lost 8 stone (not all my excess) then promptly regained about 2 -3 stone. I didnt exactly do a direct switch from LL to CD, however, I can thoroughly recommend CD. There is much more choice in the way of food packs, soups , shakes, ready mixed shakes and bars to die for!!! Also, if you feel abstinence is not for you any longer then you can discuss with with your CDC which plan is best for you to start on, SS+ may be , or whatever.

I honestly wish I had begun on CD as I dont think, with hindsight, that LL was right for me. I am not damning it, just accepting that it takes different strokes! Alos, on the plus side is the much reduced cost of CD compared with LL, although there is the CBT you get with LL.....

Very best wishes, and keep posting!

Thanks so much, guys.

I've been reassured by your words that CD will be fine. I hadn't even really considered that there's a greater variety of flavours (I stick to 28 chocolate on LL because it's the only one that's consistently tolerable, and flavours aren't a priority for me). But now you've whipped me up into a frenzy of anticipation!

What flavours are the best? I'm sticking purely to sweet shakes (though I'll just have to give the broccoli and cheese a try because it sounds like sex).

I'd never criticize LL for anyone else who wants to try it, because it works and it's well-structured and some people would respond really well to that. As you say, Sez, you're really paying for the CBT. Well, I personally find the CBT all a bit facile and obvious - I'm weird so conventional psychology doesn't tend to work on me!

I'm convinced that CD is the no-brainer choice for me. And hey, the CDC is further away than the LLC, so extra walking *yay*. :cry:

I've been reassured by your words that CD will be fine. I hadn't even really considered that there's a greater variety of flavours (I stick to 28 chocolate on LL because it's the only one that's consistently tolerable, and flavours aren't a priority for me). But now you've whipped me up into a frenzy of anticipation!

What flavours are the best? I'm sticking purely to sweet shakes (though I'll just have to give the broccoli and cheese a try because it sounds like sex).

:cry:

You must have very strange sex Greg! :D

Personally, I don't like any of the soups and can't be bothered with them. You'll never get us all to agree on which are the best flavours either so you'll have to find out for yourself. But I really don't like the cappuccino one or any of the lactose free ones either. My fave is the orange winter spice, but to be honest none of them are too bad, and some are really nice. The tetra packs (choc and banana) are great for when you have to go out.

Good luck!

Hi and welcome

the broccoli and cheese one is like stiliton - i love it yet i thought it would be the one i disliked most, but its nice. The chicken and mushroom one i find a but salty but am gonna try a mushroom one tonight, by the way the choc/mint shakes are complete heaven :)

good luck

I went from LL to CD and glad I did because I like the one to one contact with the C, rather than group weigh in. Yes, different people like different flavours but the malt toffee bar is lovely and the tetra boxes are convenient. Good luck!

Hi all,

My name's Greg and I've lurked for a couple of weeks on these forums, while I've been on LighterLife, but now I think is the ideal point to make myself known, because I'm ditching LighterLife! :eek:

The high cost, and the ineffective counselling I'm having, have turned me to the (dark side?) Cambridge diet.

I meet my counsellor on Thursday, and she says I can finish up my LL packs (which will last until Monday) and buy just the stuff I'll need until next Thursday. I'm so excited!

Can anyone give me any advice or anecdotes about switching from LL to CD?

I'm a bit worried that it's going to be somehow detrimental to my weightloss. I'm very sensitive to carbs (after years of abusing Atkins) and, from what I can tell, there are more carbs in a CD pack. This is probably just old ways of thinking of which I should divest myself. I've been carb-obsessed for years.

Right, I'll go and make an introductory post in the newbie forum now.

hiya

my fiance is changing from LL to cambridge on thursday so i guess you guys will be able to support each other. He too has found the counselling sessions to be annoying rather than helpful.

My CDC said that CD SS is basically the same as lighter life (but cheaper)

I am hoping to get my other half to post on here when he crosses over to cambridge to boost up the numbers for the guys.

good luck on your weightloss journey, you will get tons of support when you need it on this forum

debs x

OOO the choc mint shakes are lush, I do miss them

Good luck with switching over

Hello Greg
How much do you want to lose ?
At least now it won't be costing you as much , 4 packs a day . How much are you paying for CD now ?
Okay , I think with weight loss it is the same , also would i be right by saying they are both made by the same people ?

I switched from LL to CD two weeks ago. I average 3 lb a week on LL and last week lost 4.5lb and this week 2.5lb, so average 3.5lb per week so far. So weight loss is more of less the same.

I changed over becuase I did the 14 weeks councelling and new it would just be repeated and refreshed in the next 11 weeks or so until I reached goal. Through that I might as well change to CD to save money as much as anything else!

Back