LL ~ I'm having another go!! Anyone else?!

Hey Ho,
Back to the fray again too!! :)
I lost 6+ stone last year, two have crept back on so off onto the lighter life bandwagon for me. Five days in so far and feeling no pain!
Here's hoping I find it as easy as the last time but it would be nice to see the weight shift a bit quicker. I was a 2lb a week gal, consistent but it took a while! Serves me right for eating all the wrong foods! I knew better.
Doh :)

Well done getting to day 5, your over the hardest bit and near your weigh in day, don't forget to let us know how your weigh in goes. You should join the October starters thread.

Hi, I am restarting today. Got all my packs last night and day 1 today. Have not gained all my weight back, just 21lbs but want to get it off quickly.

:cry:I keep starting with all good intentions and failing by the end of day one! I lost over 4 stone last year and have put at least three back on. I feel really frustrated with myself as i know i really need and want to lose the weight but i haven't got the same will power as i had first time round!:mad:
Anyone got any motivational ideas to get me through the first few days??!:sign0009:

I know how you feel harri, but you have to get through the first three days to get into ketosis, then the willpower will be back. I drink loads to help me, and I use the Marigold bouillon, it fills me up. Try splitting the packs so that you can have 8 meals a day and don't cook for the other members of the family, at least not for the first week. Get partner to do it, I am sure he will understand. My children are old enough to cook their own meals, they understand that I just can't tempt myself so they even go out and buy their own food. I am on day 10 now and have lost 10 lbs. Once you see the weight coming off, your confidence will build. Good luck Harri.

Harri just found this on another thread. It might help

google manic mandies lighter life.
its the best inspiration, some of the before and after pictures on there are amazing! have a look :) xx

thanks for that, i'll check it out! Planning to start on ist November (tomorrow) so will be looking at lots of inspirational photos today!!! wish me luck!:)

I have also recently returned to LL after losing 2.5 stone in feb. The problem i have this time is the weight loss is much slower. i'm nearly 5 weeks into the programme and i am averaging 1.5 lb losses per week. I am doing everything right, drinking lots of water, i'm well in ketosis and i am using all the food packs. the only thing different is that i am working out with a trainer 2-3 times per week. Could this be the problem. Please HELP as i am seriuosly considering other options x

Sounds like that May be the problem, Kerrymadd. Why don't you measure yourself? As you may be building more muscle which weights heavier than fat, your true loss won't be seen so much on the scales, but you will see it on the tape measure. I can't see any other reason why you wouldn't be losing more weight

Hi everyone.
I am on Day 3 of LL for the 2nd time. Lost just over 4 st last year, it's taken me 18months to regain nearly 2st so I'm back to get that off and a little more hopefully as I never hit goal in the first place!
We'll see how it goes.
My plan is:
TOTAL abstinence for November.
ALMOST abstinence for December - I have some xmas do's booked and will eat at those but nothing else.
TOTAL abstinence for January.
Plan is subject to change depending on how I am getting on (and pesky work trips abroad which always through me into diet turmoil).
What will not change is this month's abstinence. I will lose a stone in November!

So far it is not going too badly, I had a headache all day on Saturday, but by Sunday it was pretty much gone and I haven't really felt hungry. I'm only managing about 2l of water a day though and I know I need to really increase this. I need to get used to the frequent loo visits again! Speaking of which this time to make things easier I am mixing Benefiber into my shakes as I suffered a bit with constipation first time round. Too soon to know if this is helping yet. I also thought the fibre might help fill me up although I know in ketosis this won't be an issue.
I breezed through LL last year (March to July) but have tried again once or twice since and caved in after only a couple of days. I think it is because I'd told myself then I would eat once a week, or when there was a social occasion, so I wasn't really committed. That's why this time around I am committing 100% to abstinence through November. I'll decide about December nearer the time. I do feel positive and certain I can do it but I'll be depending on Minimins I think for support!
Isie x

This is my first visit.
I lost 3st at beginning of this year, then did route to management although I needed to lose another 3st. Have maintained the loss, plus another half stone.
Still have loads of packs so am trying to do abstinence on my own but am really struggling to stick to it.
Does anyone have any advice?

Crumbs... I don't know where to start, I have struggled with my weight management for years, despite surgery in 1999 for a Lap band, LL last year and I gained back 3 stone. Am a Compulsive eater and just dont know what to do next really... any suggestions as I feel an overwhelming sense on sorrow/frustration/hate/disgust etc and all those things I am sure everyone who is overweight feels. I just can't get motivated to do anything, yet I know that I am clearly malnurished at the moment and need to get a grip and start making an action plan...please help???
Thank you

Booby, did you ever do maintenance on LL? That, I think is my problem, because I like you am compulsive eater since being on LL. But I never did maintenance. So either do the maintenance this time around but, if you can't afford it, like me, then finish the 3 months or whatever it takes you to lose and then go to Weightwatchers or something similar to learn how to eat properly again. If you don't do either you are likely to keep yo-yoing. Also set an amount you are "allowed to gain" before going back on the diet. Mine is set at 1 stone. It gives you that little bit of will power not to let yourself get to that 1 stone mark. Hope that helps.

I didn't really find the counselling at LL all that useful until I was in maintenance and could start identifying clearly those situations/events etc that made me want to eat. When in abstinence and removed from having to eat it is difficult to remember what drove you to eat. I think you might do well now to take a look back through the LL activities and try doing them again, thinking about why you are compulsively eating. I still binge occasionally (in abstinence right now though) but it is never anything like I used to and there is far more of a consciousness behind it. I often eat to 'get back at people' although I realise this is ridiculous because my binge is only hurting me and doesn't affect anyone else at all!
I agree with CheekyMare and think joining another club to maintain your weight is a really good idea. The knowledge that you will have to be weighed each week should help motivate you to make the right choices. I have gone back to my LL counsellor every 3-4 weeks for the past year and very rarely bought any foodpacks (so free!) but when a weigh-in is impending I seem to be able to make better food decisions.
Have you ever considered visiting Overeaters Anonymous? Not a diet but a forum within which to discuss your feelings and relationship towards food. I don't think it costs anything although I haven't been myself.
One tip I have learned from LL maintenance - make yourself a pint or more of sugar free jelly every day and eat it to your hearts content. Negligable calories, time-consuming to eat, and satisfies a sweet tooth. It doesn't address why you are eating but at least it won't be doing you any harm.

Hope this helps, Isie

I like the sugar free jelly point! So true.

Other fillers are mushrooms, salad, spinach (lovely as a soup) and sticks of celery with a (non sweet) chilli sauce.

What happened here? Have all the returners having another go given up?!
I am off for weigh in number 2 tonight so hoping to have another good loss and get into the next stones....I want be 10st something again!! And single figures by Christmas!!
I have my Christmas party dress hanging up on the outside of the wardrobe for motivation. What keeps everyone else going?

Hiya isie, I'm a returner, but I mostly post on LL main site, not many read or visit the returners.
I've lost 11lbs in my first week of abstinence.
It has been very difficult for me because I've been off & on LL for the last year, the most I've managed is 2 weeks abst in last year, so I need to get past that milestone before I feel safe again.
How did your weigh in go?
I'm not sure whats keeping me going really, maybe I don't want to put more weight on at xmas, I'd like to be thin for next summer because I wasn't this year &
I'm just so fed up that I was slim at one point an not any more, life just got in the way.

Hello,

I'm not a returner, just started this October. I'm finding it hard, I've lost 1 stone 4 pounds and still need to lose another 2 stone. and I'm on week 5. This week was a baaaaaaaaad week. I didn't do two days on my food packs and ate food instead. Not lots but at least 3 meals over the two days.

I wanted to know if it's very common to be a returner if you fall off the wagon big style the first time you try LL.

Hi Angiebobanji,
not sure what the statistics are, but my friend who abstained all the way through has put on a stone since last year.
I stuck to it until near the end of 100 days of abst, but never got to do the rtm properly because of holidays and other things that got in the way.
I got to goal, but again went on holiday at xmas, then had a lot of stress in my life & just kept piling the lbs on.
But if you can recognise that you need help & come back to LL then eventually you will achieve.

Please don't think because you fell of the wagon you won't be able to maintain your weight at goal.
If you are determined to maintain & let nothing get in your way, you will succeed.

Back