LL ~ I'm having another go!! Anyone else?!

I am so determined to get into all my post LL clothes I wore 2 summers ago!! I've regained all the weight, but I'm not going to let that stop me from getting back on the wagon! Anyone else out there in the same boat (or wagon!)that i could get inspiration from? That would be great, thanks.

Not sure I'm doing this thread correctly but I'll just wait and see if anyone replies.

Good luck to all in the meantime with the battle of the summer 2008 bulge!

NOT FOR LONG!!:)

Hello and welcome to the site, I am doing LL however it is my first time. There are people on here doing it second time around so maybe they will be along shortly. This is a fantastic site full of motivation and great people with tons of advice and support.

I just wanted to say well done for getting back on track and good luck, you will do it, you have done it before so know it will happen again.

Keep us posted and well done.

Lisa xx

I'm on my second time too. I never got to goal but after 100 days did CD and other diets but put on a stone. So I'm back on LL to try and get my weight down nearer to goal (maybe even hit it this time!).

My LLC says that food is an addiction for some people (most of us I'd guess and certainly me) and, like any addict, it can sometimes take a few goes to properly recover and sort the head-stuff out so that you DON'T go back to the eating patterns that bring you back to being overweight. You've got another chance to lick this (excuse the simile!) for good. As have I. Good luck to both of us.

Thanks for all your support guys - it's great knowing I'm not alone with the ongoing battle! I'm feeling very motivated although I have a couple of social occasions coming up - one this Saturday which involves sit down meals - so hurdle number one already - not quite sure how I'm going to face that one - considering skipping the meal and just drinking fizzy water - any advice on that please?

Good luck to you Peridot and Lisa BB - i'm sure it's getting smaller by the day!!

Please let me know what a returning LL candidate should do to "hide" the knowledge from friends who judged me last time - and have seen me gain weight (not going to happen again!) - and what to do with the social occasions - one of which is a special family reunion meal with equally judgemental group of relatives!!

Cheers and all the best.

GG x

I'm not the best person to give advice on that score. I have a couple of social events in the next month and I have already decided I'm going to eat. Last summer bf and I had no social life because of this diet and so I decided not to be so hard-core - or to agonise about it so much. I'll get straight back on it and accept that there will be no loss that week. But die-hard LLers would probably pass out in shock and disapproval!

Peridot

Thanks for the input - I'm tempted to just eat - protein and salad - and be fairly miserable, but at least a little bit sociable - but I'm only on my first week and it seems crazy to fall off the wagon within a few days - I vowed I'd be really strict this time round - I have the willpower I know, but I also think I can get back to it and only sway for one meal - it does seem ridiculous - I'll see if I can dodge the meal and go for drinks only!............can't believe it's come to this........life's too short, but I want to get into my normal clothes again, so, drinks (fizzy water only!!) that's it, decision made!

ps - love your blog about the Caramel Wafers - made me laugh - it's the only choccy biscuit I hate - and I'm Scottish - land of the Tunnocks C Wafer!! Anyway, no food talk - forbidden during the LL programme!! Aye right!

Cheers - walk away from the Caramel Wafers Peridot!!

gheckogirl
Hi and best luck to you! You have definately made the right decision to not eat........you must do this whole heartedly to succeed. I lost 3 stone on LL last year, did not reach goal, tried to lose the rest my way, gained 16lbs and now im at the end of week 3 back at LL. Please read my diary for inspiration and to know that you can do it too!
Its titled Jellybabies journey"

Diane xx

Jellybabie
thanks for that - I needed the inspiration - sometimes it just takes one comment to get you back on track - and yours did the trick! I'm more determined than ever and it's good to know others have been in the same boat.

Will check out your diary - many thanks - be in touch again.
xx

Cheers!
Horrible day here - how is it in Glasgow? Not a day for LL - would be a Cafe Culture day - Lattes and Cappucinos, but hey, I'll just pretend with my Vanilla shake and coffee mixed - it's ok actually - have you tried it? Not feeling hungry today though, so having done this already, I know it's working - yippee - my jeans even feel looser - just got to keep focussed and not lurk near the biscuit tin - very tempting on a wet, miserable day.

Have a good one Jellybabie and hope your day is going well.

GG x

:sigh:I'd forgotten about this web site, it really encouraged me last time I did it. I am on my 5th weeek second time round and have lost 2 stone so far. its just got me back to where I left off last year when i had an operation, complications and having to come off LL. I'm really determined this time and can already feel it in my clothes, now in a Size 16 and would love to be a 12 once more!!!! Is it a pipe dream I ask myself.!!??? you all are inspirations -if you can try again so can I!!! When I go to my meeting tomorrow I shall be telling all the girls to get on this web site for support. Keep smiling :)

In the same boat!

I'm back to LL for the same reason - I lost 3.5st 2 years ago, (from 15 1/2 to 12 stone) , but have gradually regained all but last half stone. The hot weather hasn't helped - no only are clothes bought 2 years ago too tight, but I don't want to have to reveal myself in skimpy tops etc. Anyway, bit the bullet and phoned my LL counsellor today. By 5 pm I have been weighted and have bought the products. Tonight my daughter has made a lovely salad, and I have picked at a bit, but hope this is it as far as 'real food' goes for a while

Encouragment would be appreciated!!

Any one out there in same boat?

I am so determined to get into all my post LL clothes I wore 2 summers ago!! I've regained all the weight, but I'm not going to let that stop me from getting back on the wagon! Anyone else out there in the same boat (or wagon!)that i could get inspiration from? That would be great, thanks.

Not sure I'm doing this thread correctly but I'll just wait and see if anyone replies.

Good luck to all in the meantime with the battle of the summer 2008 bulge!

NOT FOR LONG!!:)

hello, i'm thinking of returning i've tried LL twice before and regained the weight both times, the last time was 3 yrs ago. i could do with a LL buddy or any help mi can get.

Hi there! I am coming back for the third attempt. The first time I lost 3 stone but didn't reach target. I gained a stone back before I went back for the second attempt. I lost 2 stone that time and was happy with by 4 stone total loss. However, I have gained a stone again, so am restarting on Tuesday, going for my meeting tomorrow night. I can't wait, yet am apprehensive, as I have been overdosing on carbs for the last two weeks, and am scared I will struggle the first few days and give in. How has it been for you guys?

Hi All,

Just joined this site and just wanted to say hello, i have just finished my second week of returning to LL and have lost 1 stone and 4 pounds in two weeks. I lost about 5 stone the last time i did it but could not carry it on because it went up in price so had to stop, then put all the weight back on. im really determined i am going to do it this time. Good Luck to all with their weight loss, take care. x

Hiya - I lost five and a half stone last year, taking me to goal (just! bang on 25 BMI!) but have put three back on again when I stopped smoking and went through a nasty breakup.

Started again on Tues (with packs I had left over from last time) and will see how I get on.

Let's all pull together!

Big hugs

Vee xxx

Back