LL Low Calorie Week

slinkytobe

Anybody else heard of the LL Low Calorie week yet? I went to my class this morning and we were told that they have just introduced this. To comply with regulations we have to add 500 cals in the form of milk to our diet for week 13 only. Has anybody else done this yet and what do you think?

I haven't started yet and don't know which milk to go for. They recommend semi-skimmed, skimmed, goats or soya. I'd be interested to hear what others went for.

Virgo Girl had a thread about this a while ago. i think it was titled ...Milk.
Sorry I can't be of more help - I'm only in wk1 myself :)

Yep, I posted about this last week.

We were told about it last Tuesday and started on Wednesday.

I can't cope with that amount of dairy (the amount in the sachets is enough) so been having soya milk, which also disagrees with me. Not had anything like the 2 litres a day recommended, but I fell off the LL wagon on Saturday anyway so have upped the calorie intake to probably about what it should be for the week.

have WI tonight so will see if I've lost anything.

I bet it's hard to go back to just water in the packs afterwards!

.....banana MILKshake does sound yummy!!!

I bet it's hard to go back to just water in the packs afterwards!

.....banana MILKshake does sound yummy!!!

LL dont do banana do they? Or am I missing something?? (I wish they did, as the only shakes I can bear (just) are the choc, made into fudge, and the raspberry made with ice into a smoothie)

Thanks Wicked Witch and Good luck - you've come to the right place!

Virgo Girl the fact that the packs taste much nicer with milk does worry me. How on earth am I going to go back to having them with water? Just as MissPiggyFi said.

Wish they did do Banana to.

I'll be really interested to hear how you get on with WI Virgo Girl.
xxx

Virgo Girl Thanks alot for your thread. I found it and it was really interesting although I still don't know what to do. I think I'll carry on without the milk for the time being until I know a bit more about it.

My LLC said they were looking into some new flavours and banana was one of them, apparently LL did banana awhile ago but it got taken off as it wasn't very popular and exchanged for the caramel I think... feel free to correct me but i'm sure thats what I heard.

I must admit, if the milk is a suggestion when I reach week 13, I suspect I will only pay lip service. I have too far to go to risk tempting myself more than I am already!

I spoke to LL head office last week and they had no official line on it and they wouldn't be announcing anything definite until the end of April.

I am now on week 15 and as my counsellor is away and the locum mentioned nothing last Sunday, I will object strongly to my counsellor if we are expected to add milk next week - if it is that dangerous or necessary for us to do this, we should have been informed when we were in week 13.

To be honest, I will not be adding milk, as I signed up for complete nutrition (that's what the £66 is for so really LL should be paying for the milk if ou think about it!) and LL have no way of enforcing this or proving what I have or have not consumed any more than they can make anyone not eat if they want to.

Also, I believe that the little milk I do get in the packs is just on the edge of my lactose tolerance limits - this solution ignores the individual needs of the clients many of whom are close to having spent £1000 with LL by the time they get to this stage and may feel let down by the lack of thought in this 'solution'. I do have every faith that they will sort this out shortly but the kneejerk reaction has been a little disappointing.

Here Here - I am sure I shouldn't encourage it but if I was still in abstinence I would not add milk to my packs !

I'm on week 4 but we were given the leaflets last week. It relates to criticism of LL by the BMA or Natioanl Obesity Forum.
Before I went on the diet, I did a google search of reviews and the weight loss resources review was generally positive except for the recommendation that people only abstain for 12 weeks at a time. That was the only criticism in the review and I decided to go with it anyway.
Cambridge have the add a meal week every 5 weeks and this is similar. I guess it could have been any type of protein but LL have gone for milk so we don't get used to having solids if we have to continue (like I will). Our LLC said it wasn't a good idea to go back to lattes because going back to black coffee afterwards will be difficult - but that's exactly what I intend to do!

BTW: I have also heard banana is coming back. There are 2 new bars coming soon and the banana shake. Yum. I can't wait. :rolleyes:

I'm on week 4 but we were given the leaflets last week. It relates to criticism of LL by the BMA or Natioanl Obesity Forum.

That's very interesting - but I can't think why, if it's so important, my group had no information on it.

I wouldn't encourage anyone to break the rules, where health is concerned it's up to the individual - but I know what my decision is on the whole matter - I won't be drinking the milk.

Maybe LL have brought this in a knee jerk reation to the report in which it is not recommmeded to do any VLCD not just LL of 800 or less for more than 12 weeks. I suppose because CD have more options its easier for them to work with the report than LL. I dont think I would go with the milk, but then I had planned to have 2 weeks off SS when I get to the end of my 100 days anyhow because I go on holiday. Havnt spoke to my counsellor about this yet , but even before I heard about CD add a meal week , that was what I intended to do just have a shake for breaki ,a bar for lunch and something like grilled fish with leaves in the evening. Then when I come back get back on it again. I know I will be starving but I think if I keep off the carbs whilst off I shouldnt be too bad. I am hungry all the time anyway even 4 weeks in and in Ketosis so I guess its just me.
I would be interested how people deal with the add a meal thingy on CD every 5 wks, its fascinating, its so like LL insome ways but sounds a lot more flexible.

Cheers hope they sort it out (and bring in the banana shakes quickly) .
c x

Virgo Girl the fact that the packs taste much nicer with milk does worry me. How on earth am I going to go back to having them with water? Just as MissPiggyFi said.

Wish they did do Banana to.

I'll be really interested to hear how you get on with WI Virgo Girl.
xxx

Well, had weigh-in. Lost 1½ lbs.
Not a huge amount, but all things considered:
a) I was having milk in my sachets
b) I fell off the wagon and had food at the weekend
c) I'm on anti-biotics which I'd been warned would slow me down
I'm ok with it.

We also spoke to LLC about new flavourings. He said that a couple of new bars (nut and cranberry) and a banana shake were trialled last year. LL and the manufacturers are still thrashing out the formulations/costs etc before they are launched properly.

I'm off the milk now, and not finding it a problem to be back just on the water. I did like the milk in the shakes, made a change after 12 weeks but it's ok having water again.

My counsellor said the same thing about the bars - they've also found a different supplier to the one they had previously used (ie whoever does the Cambridge packs) for these new flavours (can't remember if that was also the case for the old flavours or not though). Apparently the new nut bar does actually taste like nuts as opposed to corrugated cardboard!

She didn't seem to think it would be too long before we'd see them in class - which I really hope is true as I'm back on the packs after my Japan jaunt and I wouldn't mind a bit of variety tbh!! They don't taste as nice as I remember them second time round... :(

Back