Ll Welcome Thread Sign In Thread 2008

Hi Energy Gal

Welcome to LL and good luck with you journey you will be fine. Once you get over the first week it is a doddle. I think you will have to learn where all the toilets are which I now know;)

Do worry you will be fine and the sessions are really helpful.

Newbie here!

Hi everyone!

I'm in week 4 of LL but have only just found this great site!
Have lost 20.5lbs (weigh in tomorrow evening) so far but have found it a real struggle over Easter with so much chocolate around - but didn't give in to temptation! I am hoping that this site will keep me on the straight and narrow for the next 10 weeks of Foundation (and beyond).

Jacki

welcome Jacki,
This is a fab site, so much support here and some fun too... hope you continue to be successful and well done for navigating easter :)

Well hello all,

for those who do not know me, I started this thread and how thrilled am I at all you wonderful achievements, FAN BLARDY TASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I'm back from my jollies, came back to a mouth abscess which was so painful I cant tell you, then after the infection cleared up I had dental surgery last week.

So I'm back and although only putting on a few pounds, I want to aim for a stone by beginning of May, my younget daughter has the most beautiful dress and although it nearly fits, the stone will make it fit beautfully.

So thats me and are happy to be 'on board' so to speak

luv
sun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am at six and a half weeks and have lost just over two stone with around another stone and a half to go !
Already my life has changed dramatically... I feel so much better and can go pain free up and down stairs. When I had my medical check last week... my peak flow was normal for the first time in years , and don't need inhalers ! My blood pressure had also returned to normal ! ..... and the compliments keep flowing and that old low self esteem is soaring. Lighter Life has seriously restarted life for me.

Kirsty that is fantastic and what a great inspiration you are to everybody.

well done hun, enjoy your new found self esteem. KICK ASS GIRL XXX

sun xxx

New me !

Thanks Sun !

Tonight I started training at the gym for a 5km run "Race for Life" for cancer charity... something I would not dared have done before as I was so embarassed about myself .

Now have a fitness programme at gym plus swimming. For anyone new or contemplating Lighter Life... just do it. It's not scarey , it's not for life but it sure as hell should prolong your life !

Hi Im sam and i started last week. This is a great forum.

Hi all, I'm Lex, and I'm due to start the program at the end of April. Absolutely scared senseless, so I'm lurking around on here trying to convince myself it will be fine!

Lex... trust me... you'll be fine... the anticipation is much more scary than the practice :D Good luck with your journey and look forward to hearing all about how you are going :D

Hello, I have my introductory session with LL tomorrow and I'm really nervous but also feel really positive.

I just can't wait to get started really.

Hello everyone, I'm quite new to this forum, but find it really inspirational when I'm having a bad moment. I started LL on 18 Feb so have done 10 weeks so far, losing 48lb (3st 6lb) in the process. I can honestly say it's the easiest but most effective diet I have ever done. With three littluns under five, the two hour meeting every week is like a little oasis of calm where I feel I'm really doing something for myself for a change. Everyone in my group is very friendly & supportive and we laugh such a lot, it's a real tonic. I also get such lovely compliments now, from literally everyone I see.

For those of you about to start, I just wanted to say that I didn't find those first few days very difficult at all (this coming from a confirmed carb addict who ate 5 or 6 chocolate bars a day) and I haven't had much in the way of side-effects - couple of headaches in the first week, dodgy breath and skin a bit dry. I'm sure re-introducing food in the future will be very challenging, but the benefits have been overwhelming. I would like to lose another 3 to 4 stone, and for the first time in my life feel quite positive that it's achievable.

Good luck to you all.
TC x

Hi Everyone,

I am just into week 3 and was recommended this site so here I am.

I lost 1stone 2lbs in my first week and 4.5lbs last week so am delighted with the results.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.
x

Newby

Hi everyone, im on day 4 of LL and so far finding the temptation of food really bad but dont actually feel hungry anymore just all in mt head. i have been reading peoples posts on here since i started on Tuesday morning and quite frankly without this forum i would have given up already! going for my drop in tomorrow so quite excited about my WI. ive managed to stay clear of everything and also drank 4 litres of water everyday so im hoping for a good loss this week.
Im currently 14 stone and aiming for 9 stone so got a long way to go yet... has anybody else started last week?
thank again peeps.
xxx

Welcome Rumbletum (great name - and rather apt if you OD on the drink mix!) and also to you Kayleigh - If you want to be slim you are in the right program!

Confused Newbie

Hey Kayleigh, I have just found this site today and have hurt my eyes reading for hours lol. I am off to see the sister at my doctors on Friday to discuss diets as I have a rather large lump to shift. I am really leaning towards the lighter life route and as its your first week, how did you do? do you feel great now? I'm a bit scared and confused about it all and was so desperate to loose some weight was even thinking of surgery, however i'm a big chicken (more like an ostrich) anyway it will be cool to get support from like minded and experienced members of this forum, so many have such fantastic stories. You have done the hardest part, joining a group and week one out of the way, so well done you. Keep up the good work. Hope to see less of us on here soon Lisa x

Back