Llighterlife to Slimming World!!!!!!!

Janey B

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has the experience of successfully changing from Lighterlife to Slimming World.
I've done LL a few times over the last 4 years, always successful weightloss then I start putting on again and before I know where I am i'm back where I started!!

I had a knee replacement back in November '10 then managed to lose 2 st on LL before my other knee replacement in March, so with both knees done and still 2 st to lose I mentioned to my Dr that I would like to restart LL May [ LL require you to wait 3 months after op before going back on it! ]
He has said to me that while he cannot stop me, he would like me to consider another way of losing the weight eg Slimming World as in his experience you can learn a lot more about your relationship with food and how it will help you with new life changing habits!

Against his advice I went back on LL [ I had 4 wks of packs I had bought from my sister in law when she fell pregnant] I lost 8 lbs but my heart wasn't in it, too many little cheats!!

I decided to change to SW on 8th June, lost 1lb the first week, didn't expect to lose any considering I went from LL one day to SW the next, so far this week I've lost 1.5lb with a weighin due Wednesday!
I must say I'm so enjoying the lovely variety of foods I can have and really do feel this is the way for me,
Would just like to hear from any others who have been through a similar transition!
I 've been reading through the posts on here for last 10 days and you are all such an inspiration.
Hoping to meet a lot of SW friends on here.

Janey x

Last edited:
Back