LL's new pricing

You shouldn't have RTMers mixed in with Abstainers. That's not how its meant to be. Why does your LLC do that?

Surely thats not good for either - it the RTMers want to talk about food and eating, etc., that is not fair for the abstainers...and its not fair if they are not allowed to talk about re-feeding, etc. .seems very odd to me. Ours would not do it that way.

ANd if you are not getting counseling - that is wrong too....she does not do exercises with the group at your meetings, either cognitive behaviour, or TA, etc., or anything like that? If not, what does she do?

Hi BL

I know it is not good when the others talk about food but they r the only support i have..no new joiners. Also as i am new i have no idea what i am meant to be doing there. I have had not one sit in session with her. SHe has not been in any of our sessions so far. She has someone in the office who is also currently on LL. This lady does the weigh ins.
I had emailed my LLC a week ago asking her to let me know if she cant make it as if this was the case i would rather move. She promised to be there but did not turn up !! instead she sent an apology about some family issues and asked this girl to do the lemon exercise. I am getting a bit fed up but find it so difficult to go to a new place. I hate change. :cry:
This forum is my life line !
Thanks all
xx

on the verge said:
Hi BL

I know it is not good when the others talk about food but they r the only support i have..no new joiners. Also as i am new i have no idea what i am meant to be doing there. I have had not one sit in session with her. SHe has not been in any of our sessions so far. She has someone in the office who is also currently on LL. This lady does the weigh ins.
I had emailed my LLC a week ago asking her to let me know if she cant make it as if this was the case i would rather move. She promised to be there but did not turn up !! instead she sent an apology about some family issues and asked this girl to do the lemon exercise. I am getting a bit fed up but find it so difficult to go to a new place. I hate change. :cry:
Thanks all
xx

On the verge, move group, it's so important you gat your counselling for you to succeed with this life changing journey we are all on. I'm miffed if we have to pay for maintenance, one of the main reasons I have stuck at it, apart from the weight loss! Is that maintenance will be free, that will keep me going, it really is breaking me financially, so when I get to the end of maintenance if I have to pay, I sadly won't be able to do that.
I really hope they don't do it for current clients, they are breaking a promise. I appreciate it is a franchisee business and the LLC need to earn money, however, they need us as success stories to spread the word.
I think I will move to exante at the end, cheaper and would only need a few packs to keep on track, I hope!
Jx

Hi BL

Thanks all
xx

You're paying for counselling and you're not getting it. That's REALLY poor. You should ask for a week of free packs or a refund for the counselling you've missed. If you've not had any for 4 weeks and they're going to charge £15 a session then they've got £60 from you and you've had nothing in return. If the LLC can't do the sessions then there should be a locum for the sessions. It's the whole point of LL. If you're just having someone weighing you, you might as well just have Exante packs and go for a weigh in at your pharmacy.
I would write an email to LL and complain that you're not getting what you've signed up for as your LLC hasn't run a session. The RTM people aren't supposed to be supporting you (even though I'm sure they do). They're on their own journey.
There seem to be a few rogue LLCs out there and they need reporting otherwise they're just taking your money and you're getting nothing in return.
My last LLC has retired and my new one has really pushed me to face some ongoing issues. That's what we all need. Otherwise we'll never change and will always struggle with food. Don't put up with no counselling when you're paying for it!!

Iv been on from 20/01/2011 and iv never been to one counselling session as I was the only male in my area. I'm now on RTM going on to week 5. Most of my counsellings been done through this site and my own will power

@ andyspurs: Why don't you do W8 matters if LL gives you no counselling? or any other cheaper company who will give you your information in booklets.

Iv been on from 20/01/2011 and iv never been to one counselling session as I was the only male in my area. I'm now on RTM going on to week 5. Most of my counsellings been done through this site and my own will power

It shouldn't matter if you're the only male. You should still be getting counselling! The LLC is being paid to spend and hour and a half with you. Don't let them give you any excuses! I've had sessions where I'm the only one in the group. It shouldn't make any difference. make sure you're getting what you're paying for or you're just wasting your money and would be better off (financially) doing exante of Cambridge

Iv only 7 weeks to go now n I'm only taking the bars so it's not to bad plus I like them but as u say iv probably wasted alot of money all year I usually only spend 5 min at LL every week get weighed get packs n go home

I wouldn't say you wasted your money - look what it got you in the end....maybe you didnt get the best value for your moeny, but it wasnt wasted. :)

Thats really bad you guys though, you should let HQ know. You are not getting what you are paying for, thats a real shame. :(

Extra good on you's then, because you are doing FAB for not getting the real deal at your groups!!

xx

I've only just picked up on this and I'm horrified! There is absolutely nothing, I repeat NOTHING, that even comes close to LLT. I have done every other diet you can think of - a lot of them repeatedly - and they don't offer the necessary support to succeed. Those who succeed do it on their own really. If you respond well to being told what to eat, how much and who like someone else telling them 'well done' then it works but I believe that on these diets you are basically on your own. There is no acknowledgement of the psychological issues associated with being overweight. I have found, even after just 5 sessions, that the group work is invaluable. My counsellor's expertise is superb - she doesn't nanny us, she really does tell it how it is, but not in a harsh or cruel way. She treats us as adults, intelligent adults at that! It is a revelation after over 20 years of going to other plans and feeling like a total failure when I don't respond favourably to the parent-naught child approach. Please Lighter Life - Please don't fix it if it ain't broke!

You're paying for counselling and you're not getting it. That's REALLY poor. You should ask for a week of free packs or a refund for the counselling you've missed. If you've not had any for 4 weeks and they're going to charge £15 a session then they've got £60 from you and you've had nothing in return. If the LLC can't do the sessions then there should be a locum for the sessions. It's the whole point of LL. If you're just having someone weighing you, you might as well just have Exante packs and go for a weigh in at your pharmacy.
I would write an email to LL and complain that you're not getting what you've signed up for as your LLC hasn't run a session. The RTM people aren't supposed to be supporting you (even though I'm sure they do). They're on their own journey.
There seem to be a few rogue LLCs out there and they need reporting otherwise they're just taking your money and you're getting nothing in return.
My last LLC has retired and my new one has really pushed me to face some ongoing issues. That's what we all need. Otherwise we'll never change and will always struggle with food. Don't put up with no counselling when you're paying for it!!

Thanks RR
I shall email my LLC and ask her for a week supply of packs in return. Initially i was not sure of what to expect but as everyone here has thrown light on the issue I now know what i am missing out on. I think i will email LL and let them know too.
The reason i have not done this so far is that i thought that if i let them know then there may be some friction between me and my LLC (as i am the only newbie in the group - she will know who complained)

Will let u know what happens.
XX

Verge I honestly feel that you, and others on this thread alone, are not receiving the support you are paying for. It is as simple as that, and you need to find a different LLC or very promptly begin to be treated as you should be. I am shocked at what I have read! This LLC is not only short-changing you, she is bringing LL - whom she represents - into disrepute. The company would NOT like this and if she and the other LLCs who are falling short don't pull up their socks then you would be more than justified in reporting them. Obviously you don't want to do this and it would be a last resort but enough is enough.

I had an online questionnaire to complete from LL today. I tole them exaclty what I thought. Hopefully someone will listen!

Andyspurs said:

Hi Andy,
My group is mixed mainly women,but 2 men in the group it works quite well and we don't mind at all!
Good luck on the rest of your journey!!
Sexy xx

I asked my LLC about the new pricing scheme, she said that Its just a trial and could amount to nothing if it isn't successful in Wales, but the reason behind it is that they were paying VAT on something or other, and losing a lot of money by paying it, so it didn't get more expensive for the customer. This way the cost is shared more and the vat is different.

Not sure I fully understood myself, but my LLC didn't seem worried at all, and she said we'll always be lifetime members! X

Andyspurs said:
I asked my llc about joining but she said it's only same sex groups so I couldn't join so never asked again

Ours has always been separate too! Have you tried asking again, there may be a secret man group now!!!!? :)

Back