Lola's Half a Stone Off For New Year's Eve Diary!

lolacola

Silver Member
Due to working away a lot over the last few months and being off plan to epic proportions, and generally just letting myself go, I have gained almost half a stone.

I want to be feeling my best for NYE pics, I bought the dress months ago and wouldn't feel comfortable in it, so back on plan I go! I'm confident it shouldn't be too difficult to get back to target in 2 weeks as long as I am focussed!

I'm going to TRY to do Success Express!

Monday 17th December

Breakfast

Half a Cantaloupe Melon (Superfree)
1 x Linda McCartney Vegetarian Sausage (2 Syns)

Lunch
Homemade Vegetable Soup (Superfree)
(Ingredients: Soup Mix packet which had parsley, leeks, and carrots, 1 x med onion, 1 tin of green lentils, 1 ham stock cube)

Will update dinner later!

Edit:

I've removed the 5 syns for the lentils as I re-read the rules of SE and I don't need to syn them. I avoided most of the lentils anyway as they were awful, and I have this soup for lunch for the next 2 days. Boo!

Dinner
My version of Chilli Con Carne
Loads of onions, peppers, and tinned toms
Some Quorn Mince
Beef stock pot
Worcester Sauce
Garlic
Smoked Paprika, Chilli Powder, Cayenne Chilli
Coriander
42g Low Low Cheese (HexA)
Fat Free Fromage Frais

Drinks
2 x tins of Coke Zero
Loads of cups of Green Tea with fresh lemon squeezed in (I heard this was good for detox and digestive system!)

Last edited:
Tuesday 18th December

Made food in bulk to save time, so today's menu is the same as yesterdays. Not overly impressed with the prospects of the soup but enjoyed the breakfast and can't wait to have my chilli later! Can't believe something so tasty is practically completely SUPERFREE!

Breakfast

1 x Linda McCartney Vegetarian Sausage (2 Syns)

Lunch
(Ingredients: Soup Mix packet which had parsley, leeks, and carrots, 1 x med onion, 1 tin of green lentils, 1 ham stock cube) As yesterday, I avoid most of the lentils.

Dinner
My version of Chilli Con Carne
Loads of onions, peppers, and tinned toms
Some Quorn Mince
Beef stock pot
Worcester Sauce
Garlic
Smoked Paprika, Chilli Powder, Cayenne Chilli
Coriander
42g Low Low Cheese (HexA)
Fat Free Fromage Frais

Drinks
2 x tins of Coke Zero
Loads of cups of Green Tea with fresh lemon squeezed in

Wednesday 19th December

Well the Success Express has taken a bit of a setback today as I arrived into work this morning and realised I had forgotten my melon :sigh:
I'm still going to count this as an SE day though since my lunch is entirely Superfree :D

Breakfast

Half a tub of Tesco Light Choices Cottage Cheese

Lunch
(Ingredients: Soup Mix packet which had parsley, leeks, and carrots, 1 x med onion, 1 tin of green lentils, 1 ham stock cube) Thank goodness this is the last of the soup!

Dinner
Foil baked Haddock fillet
Homemade roasted ratatouille
Recipe:
Oven roast 1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper, 1 green pepper, 1 large onion, 1 courgette with a spray of frylight and a splash of balsamic vinegar for 40 minutes at 190 degrees
In a saucepan, heat up 1 tin of chopped tomatoes, some garlic, a sprinkle of basil and thyme, and add all roasted veg.

Having half of this with my dinner tonight and keeping half for later in the week. Pics to follow.

Drinks
2 x tins of Coke Zero

I know I shouldn't do this so soon but I weighed myself today and I'm showing 3lb off already (fingers crossed) for a decent result on WI :D

EDIT - Just had the legs off a Gingerbread Man - Will count this as 3 syns.

Last edited:
photo(1).jpg

Tonight's dinner - Baked haddock and homemade roasted ratatouille :D

Thursday 20th December

Breakfast

2 tbsp Cottage Cheese (Free)

Lunch
Large Cucumber and Tomato salad (Superfree)
Half a tin of tuna (Superfree)
Homemade Tzaziki (FF fromage frais, garlic, herbs, lemon) - Free
35g Grilled Halloumi - (HeB)

Dinner
The Cheese and Onion Comfort Pie (From the Winter Warmers recipe page) adapted to make it relevant to Success Express:
300g Potato
100g Cottage Cheese
Cauliflower, Broccoli, Leek, Onion (800g in all)
Chicken stock cube, garlic, mixed herbs
All mixed together and baked for 40 mins plus topped with 80g of Low Low Cheese (2 x HexA)
This was intended to do for 2 servings but I was actually only able to manage a third of it, very filling!
Also had a little of last night's ratatouille with it to bump up the Superfree

Drinks
2 x tins of Coke Zero

Syns - Ate a bit more of Mr Gingerbread man - another 3 syns I think!

Challenges - I have to add this in to give myself a pat on the back - I'm not much of a crisp and sweets muncher but my temptation levels were tested to the max today. As it's the festive season, two colleagues brought in loads of biscuits and sweets and I was SO tempted to indulge today, but I didn't :D I got as far as going over to the table and looking at them. But I resisted touching :D

Back