Lola's slimming and pregnancy diary

Thanks love. I bought the glider in the end, I couldnt resist lol
Yeah it'll be in our bedroom, there's no room in the nursery for it sadly :(
Thanks for mentioning amazon for nappies, I'm going to have a look in a sec!!

30 weeks today. I can't believe it! :eek:

Hi everyone, I've been debating whether to post this post as I feel like I'm being silly but here goes..

I'm a member on another forum (Not sure if I can mention the name, but it's a mum based one) and the past few weeks I've been torturing myself by reading other people's labour/birth stories.
Some are great, some are not. I know I shouldn't be torturing myself reading them but some are frightening. I haven't told anyone else but OH yet but I'm absolutely terrified of giving birth. I keep telling myself to keep thinking of the end result but it's so difficult to do that right now, I can't wait to meet her but it's doing everything else involved to get to that point which is scaring me.
I keep having nightmares, particularly one's that involve her getting stuck and her breaking a bone on the way out. (Sounds far fetched, but this isn't even one of the worst ones I've had) I woke OH up the other night screaming in my sleep, I woke up sweating and crying.

I am off to an antenatal class on Wednesday to see if that can help me. I've wanted to go to one for ages but they say to wait until 8-10 weeks before you're due.

Am I being silly? Probably. I imagine it's completely normal but my hormones are all over the place right now so everything seems much worse than it probably is. I've been trying to have some herbal tea before bed which seems to be helping, but giving birth is all I think about so no wonder I'm dreaming about it.
I want to be as calm as possible in labour, stressed mum = stressed baby.I'm dreading packing my hospital bag as it will all seem much "realer" then.
OH said I should go on a girly day out sometime in the next few weeks and pamper myself, might try and arrange something. I wish I could meet some of you girls!
I bet I'll look back at this post in 2 months time and cringe!!
I'm supposed to be excited but I'm terrified :(

x

Last edited:
Anyway, much lighter post.. here is today's food - I've been very good!

Extra Easy - I'm allowed two of each hex choice when pregnant - I'm going to miss this!

Breakfast
2 x Weetabix (Hexb) Milk (Hexa) Banana, Grapes

Mid morning
10 Mikado (5 Syns) Tea (1 Syn)

Lunch
Jacket potato, FF cottage cheese, green beans, onion, cucumber
Crisps (4 Syns)

Late afternoon

2 x cheese & ham on toast (Hexa & Hexb)

Tea
Spaghetti & Meatballs (made with 5% fat beef mince & passatta with added veg)

Dessert
Mini Meringue (2.5 Syns)
Sugar free jelly (0.5 Syn)
Fat free yoghurt

Supper
Freddo (5 Syns)
Fruit salad (Strawbs, satsuma, blackberries)

Lol I look like such a greedy mare! but I am eating for two right? ;)

Hi everyone, I've been debating whether to post this post as I feel like I'm being silly but here goes.. I'm a member on another forum (Not sure if I can mention the name, but it's a mum based one) and the past few weeks I've been torturing myself by reading other people's labour/birth stories. Some are great, some are not. I know I shouldn't be torturing myself reading them but some are frightening. I haven't told anyone yet but I'm absolutely terrified of giving birth. I keep telling myself to keep thinking of the end result but it's so difficult to do that right now, I can't wait to meet her but it's doing everything else involved to get to that point which is scaring me. I keep having nightmares, particularly one's that involve her getting stuck and her breaking a bone on the way out. (Sounds far fetched, but this isn't even one of the worst ones I've had) I woke OH up the other night screaming in my sleep, I woke up sweating and crying. I am off to an antenatal class on Wednesday to see if that can help me. I've wanted to go to one for ages but they say to wait until 8-10 weeks before you're due. Am I being silly? Probably. I imagine it's completely normal but my hormones are all over the place right now so everything seems much worse than it probably is. I've been trying to have some herbal tea before bed which seems to be helping, but giving birth is all I think about so no wonder I'm dreaming about it. I want to be as calm as possible in labour, stressed mum = stressed baby.I'm dreading packing my hospital bag as it will all seem much "realer" then. I bet I'll look back at this post in 2 months time and cringe!! I'm supposed to be excited but I'm terrified :( x

So sorry to hear you are so worried about the birth, I have not had a child yet and must admit part of the reason is I can not imagine doing it as I too would be feeling what you are now but the whole time as I am a massive worrier. I have however worked in childcare for 12 years and heard a lotttt of birth stories some taking two paracetamol a few pushes and baby is there, others much more complicated, but what I can say and the reason I am writing is that they all told me
- be as prepared as you can be in terms of options to help you feel better, but at the time you will decide everything as your labour progresses,
- you will feel pain but you will have lots of support and all women manage to get their babies out
- the minute the baby is on your chest you feel no pain and are so happy it makes your journey completely worth it

They have all made me realise that while it is a scary and painful experience remember it is short term and the instant your baby is her and long term experiences far out way it, you also see lots of women go on to have many more children x

As you are having nightmares I would recommend taking ten minutes before bed to try and meditate and think you can do this, your body is designed for it and you will soon have your little girl in your arms as this might help you to relax x

Women who are Mums on here may have better advice I hope, but I saw no one had commented and didn't want you to feel alone x

Hi everyone, I've been debating whether to post this post as I feel like I'm being silly but here goes.. I'm a member on another forum (Not sure if I can mention the name, but it's a mum based one) and the past few weeks I've been torturing myself by reading other people's labour/birth stories. Some are great, some are not. I know I shouldn't be torturing myself reading them but some are frightening. I haven't told anyone else but OH yet but I'm absolutely terrified of giving birth. I keep telling myself to keep thinking of the end result but it's so difficult to do that right now, I can't wait to meet her but it's doing everything else involved to get to that point which is scaring me. I keep having nightmares, particularly one's that involve her getting stuck and her breaking a bone on the way out. (Sounds far fetched, but this isn't even one of the worst ones I've had) I woke OH up the other night screaming in my sleep, I woke up sweating and crying. I am off to an antenatal class on Wednesday to see if that can help me. I've wanted to go to one for ages but they say to wait until 8-10 weeks before you're due. Am I being silly? Probably. I imagine it's completely normal but my hormones are all over the place right now so everything seems much worse than it probably is. I've been trying to have some herbal tea before bed which seems to be helping, but giving birth is all I think about so no wonder I'm dreaming about it. I want to be as calm as possible in labour, stressed mum = stressed baby.I'm dreading packing my hospital bag as it will all seem much "realer" then. OH said I should go on a girly day out sometime in the next few weeks and pamper myself, might try and arrange something. I wish I could meet some of you girls! I bet I'll look back at this post in 2 months time and cringe!! I'm supposed to be excited but I'm terrified :( x

Oooh sweetp! It's totally normal to feel like this, gosh I was majorly scared and I did exactly the same, I will be honest I was scared until I started getting braxton hicks, then all of a sudden something just clicks and although you will still be scared you will think I can do this and you will be fine, if you read my story if I wrote it on one of them things it would probably scare you because when you write down labor stories they all sound scary don't they lol in reality it is so different, it's one of them things that thinking of makes you nervous like say the dentist but then when you get there you just get on with it and then a week later you have forgotten that you even ever went to the dentist! Sorry not good example if you are a dentist hater! At least you get an amazing thing after this not like the dentist lol.

I hope I have made you feel better not worse babe, and I would love to come on a spa day with you sounds amazeballs!

Ps. Please stop going in them forums they just make you feel worse, if you want ppl to talk to come here instead lol coz at least it takes your mind of the scary things xx

So sorry to hear you are so worried about the birth, I have not had a child yet and must admit part of the reason is I can not imagine doing it as I too would be feeling what you are now but the whole time as I am a massive worrier. I have however worked in childcare for 12 years and heard a lotttt of birth stories some taking two paracetamol a few pushes and baby is there, others much more complicated, but what I can say and the reason I am writing is that they all told me - be as prepared as you can be in terms of options to help you feel better, but at the time you will decide everything as your labour progresses, - you will feel pain but you will have lots of support and all women manage to get their babies out - the minute the baby is on your chest you feel no pain and are so happy it makes your journey completely worth it They have all made me realise that while it is a scary and painful experience remember it is short term and the instant your baby is her and long term experiences far out way it, you also see lots of women go on to have many more children x As you are having nightmares I would recommend taking ten minutes before bed to try and meditate and think you can do this, your body is designed for it and you will soon have your little girl in your arms as this might help you to relax x Women who are Mums on here may have better advice I hope, but I saw no one had commented and didn't want you to feel alone x

Great advice from binks, I just remembered I did tons of yoga, meditating and laying in the bath near the end of my pregnancy, I read that hypnobirthing book too which helped, even though I didn't get chance to use It coz I had an emergency c section lol!!

Also one last point lol, I dunno about you, but to me emergency c section was the worst possible thought I could of had... But I had one and it wasn't at all what I was thinking, it was difficult in some ways but it wasn't really painful or anywhere near as bad as I imagined xxx

Thank you so much for your messages everyone, I will reply to them when I'm on the computer. I'm feeling a little better about it all today, it's just scary when it's your first time! Xx

evening girls :)
i sense a much more positive post coming - 31+2 today :)

so I went to my first ever antenatal class last week and loved it, bit scary at first but ended up having a good laugh! it's made me feel much better about everything too. Of course I'm still absolutely terrified but who isn't? as Binky has said, I have to keep reminding myself that I'm going to have a beautiful little girl at the end of all of this and she is going to be so worth all the pain and worrying :)

as I'm on maternity leave now, I'm nesting lol! just trying to get everything ready and make sure I have everything ticked off my lists (loving lists atm ;))

me and oh are off down to Cornwall again next weekend, we're trying to make the most of child free breaks hehe. Hopefully with it being March now the rain might stay away for us :)

Overall I'm feeling much more positive now, I need to stop watching one born every minute though - It's terrifying!! :rolleyes:

I'm also going to make more of an effort to come on here too. Hope you have all had a good weekend :)

Bump at 32 weeks (tomorrow) eek!
I'm so ready to have this baby, she feels fully cooked already!!

Attachments

• 164580_158228507559725_449454_n.jpg
    164580_158228507559725_449454_n.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 44
Hello fellow mummy to be. Your bump looks amazing! How are u feeling...apart from terrified about labour lol!

I try not to think about it but just now I still cant believe this is actually happening. I mean baby is very much wanted and we did try...for the grand total of 23 days lol but everything just seems so airy fairy and cosmetic. Like my placenta is anterior so I cant really feel baby all that often and I only 24wks so a pattern hasnt been established for movements etc and I'm lookin/buying all these cute things and decorating nursery I just feel like one day I'm gonna be 40wks pregnant and the next I'm gonna have a baby thats totally dependant on me. I cant wait right enough as I dont know if its boy/girl so it'll be exciting nearer the time to meet my son or daughter.

I havent read all ur posts. Have u thought of a name?

Hello fellow mummy to be. Your bump looks amazing! How are u feeling...apart from terrified about labour lol!

I try not to think about it but just now I still cant believe this is actually happening. I mean baby is very much wanted and we did try...for the grand total of 23 days lol but everything just seems so airy fairy and cosmetic. Like my placenta is anterior so I cant really feel baby all that often and I only 24wks so a pattern hasnt been established for movements etc and I'm lookin/buying all these cute things and decorating nursery I just feel like one day I'm gonna be 40wks pregnant and the next I'm gonna have a baby thats totally dependant on me. I cant wait right enough as I dont know if its boy/girl so it'll be exciting nearer the time to meet my son or daughter.

I havent read all ur posts. Have u thought of a name?

Hey love, congratulations!! It happened so quick for you, we weren't trying but weren't too fussed if it happened or not :)

You sound like me lol, I was so scared to buy anything at first.. now I have too much stuff lol!! :)

You'll get more movements further along, it's scary not being able to feel anything but I'm sure he/she will make up for it later on!

It's scary thinking about becoming a mum isn't it? I was always the woman who said she'd never have kids, I just don't see myself as a "mum" type of person. That sounds so bad!
You form a bond so quickly though it's incredible.
We are calling her Lucy :)

Are you going to find out the sex? X

Hello! 32 weeks today. I'm getting super impatient and I'm not even fully along yet! this is going to be a fun 8 weeks!!

I'm pretty sure I'm experiencing braxton hicks right now!!!!

Last edited:
We're in Cornwall currently, it's been lovely here. Come home on Monday night :)
So today has been completely off plan! crisps, chocolate, cake, pizza... the list goes on.
I'm not going to dwell on it though, I've only gained 1st9lbs so far and I'm 32 weeks which I think is pretty good :)

x

Last edited:
We're in Cornwall currently, it's been lovely here. Come home on Monday night :) So today has been completely off plan! crisps, chocolate, cake, pizza... the list goes on. I'm not going to dwell on it though, I've only gained 1st9lbs so far and I'm 32 weeks which I think is pretty good :) x

That is really good well done you! Xx

Hiya, glad you're doing well :) I haven't been on here often, never seem to get the time.

I start SW Thursday again for the third time. lol wish me luck

Thanks Waffle! You're doing well yourself!! :) X

Goood luck with SW Vix, I don't come on here much either I'm so forgetful!! X

Hi everyone :) 33 weeks tomorrow, eek!
So this weekend it's my baby shower, my best friend has been organising it for 2 months (bless her) my dress came today and I love it!
We're having it at a little tea room in town, I love the place it's so elegant and classy! I'll try and upload some pictures if I can get the chance.
So of course this weekend is an off plan one, cakes galore I'd imagine! I'm not bothered though, I'm really excited to catch up with some friends and I can't wait to see what they all have planned! :)
I'm going to do her name reveal too, my Mum will be the only one there who knows!
OH is away working until Tuesday so my Mum is staying with me until then, I used to love being on my own but I'm scared that I could go into early labour at any point lol!

Also I've been reading blogs about other mummies hospital bags, I bought a bag but reading everyone else's lists I think mines too small, woops!!! :eek:

Here's the dress... http://www.boohoo.com/boohoo-plus-dresses/lucie-lace-panelled-swing-dress/invt/pzz98383 (mines the colour Blush)

Hope you all have a nice day, happy Thursday!! :) xxx

Last edited:
Afternoon, just a quick one today..33+4 today

Baby shower was amazing, I honestly couldn't have wanted a better set up, it was great seeing my friends (we're all so busy at the moment so don't get much time to hang out any more) they had all put so much thought and effort into everything and I loved it. One of the main reasons I didn't really want a baby shower at first was because I knew I'd feel bad that people invited would feel they had to buy me/baby presents, I told everyone I didn't want anything but nobody took notice, Lol!

I got some lovely presents though, I'll try and upload a picture at some point of everything. We've also organised a spa day when I hit 35 weeks (in just over a week *gulp*) which I'm looking forward to :)

Other than that it's been a pretty quiet week so far, OH is back tonight and I can't wait to see him. I love being with my Mum but I'm pretty sure she's bored of baby talk by now, Lol!

Food has been great this week other than Sat obviously, tonight we're having an Indian.
I just want my little girl here now, I'm so impatient :( :(

X

Ooops forgotten to post today's food plan. Here goes!

Extra Easy

Breakfast - Granola (HEXB) Milk (HEXA) Blueberries
Lunch - Huge salad with seafood sticks (yep, they're still making an appearance!! ;))
Dinner - Rogan Josh with boiled rice, poppadom (7 syns?) maybe a baji or 2 (10 syns?)
Snack - Probably fruit with fat free yogurt and cheese on toast (HEXA & HEXB)

So an ok day, I imagine chocolate will make an appearance today too at some point! :eek:

x

Evening girls, I'm in so much pain everywhere tonight. My pelvis kills, I have a pounding headache and my back is killing :(
OH is currently running me a bath with some candles, will read my book in there too so hopefully that helps.

I feel as though alls I have done throughout this pregnancy is complain and I'm sure you are all fed up with hearing about it! I'm just a moody mare these days lol xx

Back