Lolly's losing weight!

Lolly26

Hi Everyone!

I'm Lorraine, I don't really know where to start but I've decided to start this diary because I'm only on SW three weeks and I know I'm already boring everyone around me, because all I can seem to think and talk about is slimming world! Also, this is my first serious attempt at losing the weight and I'm determined it will be my only attempt. I gave up smoking last January and haven't slipped once, and keep telling myself that if I can do that, I can lose the weight.

I have quite a lot of weight to lose and the first stone has fallen off quite easily, but I have a feeling it's only going to get harder as I go on. Here's hoping that this diary helps keep me on the straight and narrow!

I was nattering about SW/weight loss with my MIL the other day - my O/H mumbled something about going over the same ground and I just shrugged my shoulders and told him that's what women like to do lol

You'll be in good company here for talking about sw, be out and proud as a diet bore :D

Well done on your loss so far! x

Last edited:
Thanks LoChan, what's funny is that I followed my mum in joining SW and it's her that I'm boring! She has a good bit to lose but isn't overly committed, drinks wine every weekend and isn't losing so I think she takes everything I talk about as nagging.

That's so weird my mum is exactly the same! lol

She's always on plan/off plan, getting to target, putting 1-2 stones back on etc and when she goes to group she just pays and weighs and always bends the rules on weekends... Though she's cheeky enough to have a go at me when I'm not in weight-loss mode, I'm having fun picking on her now to get my revenge muwahaha :D

I am loving the boards for that same reason. I can gas on endlessly about the plan and not bother anyone. It's a great source of knowledge and encouragement too!

Well done for kicking smoking! You can definitely do this :) x

I am loving the boards for that same reason. I can gas on endlessly about the plan and not bother anyone. It's a great source of knowledge and encouragement too!

Well done for kicking smoking! You can definitely do this :) x

It's great, isn't it? I love that you can find a syn value for practically anything on here. I was actually recommending it to my group for that very reason! Thanks re the smoking. It was my first serious attempt to quit and it wasn't all that hard, and this is my first really serious attempt to lose weight, so I'm really hoping this will come quite easily too. It's worth hoping for! I'm pretty determined when I put my mind to something.

So yesterday I skipped breakfast (bold I know but I always struggle to eat in the morning) but for the rest of the day

L: Ham and cheese sandwich on wholemeal, banana and satsuma - HEXA and HEXB, 2.5 syns for butter
D: Garlic chicken and tomato pasta, salad - Used a sauce for the pasta totalling 12 syns in all, but I'd guesstimate I had a quarter of what was made, so to be safe putting down 6 syns.
Sn: 2 squares of cadburys caramel bar, 4 syns.

So 12.5 syns for the day and I managed an hour walk pushing my 3 year old in the buggy, and that is a serious upper body workout!

So I was really good all day, fruit for breakfast, omelette for lunch and then BAM, huge row with someone and emotional eating kicks in. Now I've just shared a chicken curry from the chinese for dinner, I didn't weigh it but can only imagine how bad it is :mad:

I'm so mad at myself for eating it, but what's worse is all I can think about now is chocolate and biscuits! I'm not even hungry. WTF is wrong with me??! Grrrr!

Aww *hugs* don't worry about the Chinese, slip-ups happen! Making yourself feel guilty about it won't do you any favours in the long run so just do as others do and draw and line under it ____________________ and move on :)

Hope you're feeling better about the row today - you can always come and have a moan on here if someone p's you off again, vent away xxxx

Yeah I'm feeling much better today, thanks. Trying to work out my problem areas and do what I can to prevent further problems so going to make a load of SW spag bol and chop up and par boil chips and then freeze portions for handy dinners on these kinda days.

Yeah I'm feeling much better today, thanks. Trying to work out my problem areas and do what I can to prevent further problems so going to make a load of SW spag bol and chop up and par boil chips and then freeze portions for handy dinners on these kinda days.

Sounds like a great idea - the restorative powers of SW chips are well documented ;)

Oh I love SW chips and so does my little boy so it's great.

Well I woke up with an awful headache this morning and feeling a bit sick so I haven't eaten a thing. Sickness has eased off now so I'm going to try make myself a breakfast sandwich using HEXB, lean bacon and slender choice sausages, which are free on EE. Haven't tried the sausages yet and have heard mixed reviews so I will report back on how they are.

I've never heard of slender choice sausages - where did you buy them? Will be interested to hear your verdict on them.

Hope the sarnie sorts out your headache x

They're an Irish company so I don't know if they're sold in the uk. They're actually quite nice although they don't taste very like sausages! You can definitely taste the spices in them.

Well that sandwich and a cup of tea did sort out my headache thank god! Getting my little boy his first bike today so I'm super excited for that! :D

The sausages sound yummy, glad your headache went.

Aw bet your little boy will love his first bike :) xxx

Hi Jules, yes he absolutely loved it. It was such a nice day and I had him out front on it, he thinks he's the coolest thing! There was some awfully close near collisions with some parked cars though!

I ended up going to a bbq birthday party for a friend of mine this evening. Has the little man with me so just popped in for an hour to show my face. When I got there, there was a huge table of bbq food - burgers, wings, ribs, and also there were rice krispie cakes, cream buns, a cream sponge and a cheesecake. I can honestly say I ate NOTHING! This is unheard of and I am so proud of myself. TBH it wasn't even all that difficult to say no. I don't know what it is but it's as if something has clicked.

To explain, when I quit smoking I found it worryingly easy, after being a heavy smoker for over 10 years and never giving up for more than a couple of days. It's kinda the same with the weight, I've never stuck to a proper diet for more than a couple of days and I think finally things have clicked into place and I'm in a position mentally where I'm ready for the challenge.

That being said, I did come home tonight and get to baking an almond and orange drizzle cake (3.5 syns a slice) and it was yum!

Wow you must have a will of iron :D I don't think I'd have said no to cheesecake lol

Almond and orange drizzle cake :drool: Could you share the recipe for that one please?

Hope the weather is staying nice for you so your boy can get more cool biker time today :) xx

4 eggs
60g golden sugar
4 tbsp of sweetener
100g self raising flour
1 level tsp baking powder
1 tsp almond essence
2 tsp granulated sugar
Grated zest of 1 orange
Juice of 1 large orange

Whisk together the golden sugar, sweetener and eggs until the mixture is thick. When I made it, it wouldn't thicken up but still tasted good afterwards.

Fold in the flour, baking powder and granulated sugar.

Add the almond essence and stir in with the orange zest.

Pour mixture into tin (I used a loaf tin) and bake for 25-30 minutes at 190 until it's golden and spongy.

Straight out of the oven, use a skewer to pierce the cake all over, then squeeze the juice of the orange over the cake, especially where the cake has been pierced.

Leave to cool completely before turning out of the tin.

And enjoy :) it's delish with a cup of tea or coffee

Back