London group recommendation

dreamaholic

Silver Member
I joined SW back in July, I've been going to a lunch time pop in group but I don't find it useful at all, the consultant would talk to people joining SW, other members go in, hand in their cards to get weighed, and leave. If I have any questions I could wait till my C is free and ask her, but apart from that I don't feel there's any support. Nothing like what the SW magazines advertise.:confused:

I'm considering not going to the group any more as I feel I don't need / want to pay a fiver just to get weighed (I've got an electrical scale and wii fit at home) - however I wonder if I'm missing out on the group experience as I haven't experienced it yet.

If you know any group in London that offers proper group experience (IMAGE therapy and all that), please can you let me know?

Many thanks. :)

where in london are you? that may help us answer! I know some groups are literally weigh and go and you don't get the extra support with IT

Somewhere in central London / near Canary Wharf please. Yea the ones I've been to are lunch time pop in ones, basically you just pay and weigh. Not worth a fiver I have to say

I used to go to a great one in Bethnal Green, the group leader was called Toni and I think she did a couple of other groups in East London as well. I know what you mean, the leader makes such a big difference.

There is one in Bethnal Green on Wednesday at 6pm run by Toni Tel- 0207 473 6087

Also one at Bow, Victoria Park Baptist Church, Grove Road, meets Mondays at 5.30 and 7.30 Tel- 07963 876299 run by Hannah.

If u go on the SW site, there are a number in E15 and E16 There is one at the Newham Leisure Centre which is just off the A13 going towards Essex.

thanks Twizzle!

Back