Long flight

IreneH

Gold Member
Next month we will be flying from Newcastle to Dubai and then on to Christchurch in New Zealand. As the longest flight I've been on before was 4 hours can anyone give me any tips as to what to wear, what to carry, how long do I sit still for etc.

Thanks

Irene xx

take a book and/or a magazine/newspaper, some eye shades and some foam ear plugs, and ipod if you have one
if youre eating then i personally would take a snack or two - i usually take crisps choccie and some chewie sweets such as fruit gums
once you get through security buy a bottle of water that you can drink and refil on board

you should be encouraged to get up and move around WHEN THE SEATBELT SIGN IS NOT ON
try to stay in seat when the crew have carts in the aisles but after that MOVE MOVE MOVE and get your circulation going
feel free to walk to the galley and ask for your water bottle to be filled or ask for tea or whatever floats your boat

enjoy
x

oh and wear something comfy and layers - you will find you get colder as you get tireder
also be aware that lots of peoples feet swell if they take their shoes off so either wear loose shoes ( adjustable maybe ) or keep your shoes on

oh and..

make sure you have the following with you in the cabin NOT in the hold

any medication you might need ( includes headache tablets )

lip balm ( cabin air is dry )
a pen! ( for landing/immigration cards etc )

Hi ya Irene

Lucky you off to New Zealand ~ have a great time

LONG FLIGHTS

Baggy comfy clothes with extra layers, trousers are best really and flat comfy shoes, some planes have aircon that can be quiet cold when you are tired so make sure you have a nice soft warm jumper or cardi that can double up as a back or neck pillow. Baby wipes to keep freshening up, drink lots and lots of water and that way you will have to move lots to go to the toilet. Keep moving around as most peoples legs and feet do swell and you get very stiff, try to wander around and stand for ten minutes every hour if possible. Lippy in case you fancy the air stewart tee hee (on saying that they are nearly always gay tee hee ) I dont know how you are but the tray couldnot come all the way down on me as my tummy is in the way so I shared with my hubby as it can be awkward if squashed in

Speak soon

Shaza

I'd advise investing in a pair of flight socks. This will help with the circulation of your legs. When on a long flight I get up and walk about as much as possible. I enjoy a good book. I do take my shoes off and have never experience swelling, but I have heard some do. I'd just take a good pair of trainers or something that can be adjusted if you feet do swell.

Have a fab trip.

Back