Looking for a buddy for slimming world. Started 2 days ago!!

Beckyboo sounds like a good work out app, I've been to the gym too this morning and did a zumba class then had a hill walk on the treadmill. I'll have a look out for that DVD I think. I've not the time to do a full 30 days though as I go on holiday two weeks tomorrow but I could do it when I get back I suppose.

Anyway I hope everyone is having a good day ;) xx

HI everyone, bit of a bad day today, Ive barely eaten anything. My dad sadly died tonight of liver failure and pneumonia due to alcoholism, really hasnt sunk in yet I think...but really struggling emotionally and with feelings of guilt. Unfortunately I didnt get to see him as he lives 7 hours away from me. Sorry just needed to get that off my chest. xx

So sorry to hear of the news Becky, you must be in shock. No matter how he died he's your dad and it'll still hurt so much. There'll be lots of feelings going through your head and they're all natural. Disbelief that he's gone, maybe anger that he's gone etc but it will take time. I have a friend who lost her wee girl last year and she's not even interested in moving on which is very difficult. You'll have support on here. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family. X X

HI everyone, bit of a bad day today, Ive barely eaten anything. My dad sadly died tonight of liver failure and pneumonia due to alcoholism, really hasnt sunk in yet I think...but really struggling emotionally and with feelings of guilt. Unfortunately I didnt get to see him as he lives 7 hours away from me. Sorry just needed to get that off my chest. xx

So so sorry to hear of your sudden and devastating loss. X

Hi Becky. Sending you massive hugs. X I am so sorry, I know how very hard it is to lose someone you love. I'm glad that you told us. Be gentle on yourself right now - bereavement is a v long journey to go through emotionally as anyone who has lost someone will know x x. BMG is right in that it is a real roller coaster of emotions. X x x x x

Thoughts are with you Becky xxx

Re: Looking for a slimming buddy.

Definately. Its good to have some support and someone to have a moan to if youve had a bad day and are tempted to give in. Which unfortunately ive done this week. Ive been so rubbish and had takeaway twice. And a pub lunch!!! I dunno how to get myself back on track now :confused:

Oh Beckyboo so sorry about your dad, I can only imagine how your feeling. As Aqua & Geordie says we're here for you and so I'm sending you a great big hug & stuff to you and your family. Xxxx

Definately. Its good to have some support and someone to have a moan to if youve had a bad day and are tempted to give in. Which unfortunately ive done this week. Ive been so rubbish and had takeaway twice. And a pub lunch!!! I dunno how to get myself back on track now :confused:

Read your books and start again. Don't sabotage your weight loss journey. Start a fresh today and let us know how you get on x

That's a fabulous loss Samanthajayne! I ended up putting a pound on but it's given me the kick up the arse I need! As for getting track like missa says check your books and mags I also took pics in my bra and pants cried a LOT but now if I feel like cheating I've got those images in my head and for now its working!
Are you doing any exercise?

Hi everyone, so sorry about your dad Becky. I think you need to concentrate on getting yourself through this at the moment, put everything else on the back burner. As the other girls have said we are all here for you and we will give you all the help and support we can, you know you can put all your thoughts and feelings down of course only if you want to. It's nice that we have all been chatting on here over the last couple of weeks and sometimes easier to put your feelings down on here than talking to someone face to face. Xx

Can I join the party! - I'm visiting several threads now but could do with buddying up for the journey, I have a bit more to lose than you guys and need to keep focused to make it happen. I'm also doing SW at home and weighing on TUes! STS this week so hoping for loss this Tuesday. Things I need to do at the mo are get back to exercise (haven't done any in a while) and plan meals for next few days. I have made a massive fruit salad to munch on if I'm hungry! Had meal out tonight but had the light option for main and dessert around 500cals for the lot so fingers crossed not done too much damage. Also no alcohol! Good luck everyone :)

Can I join the party! - I'm visiting several threads now but could do with buddying up for the journey, I have a bit more to lose than you guys and need to keep focused to make it happen. I'm also doing SW at home and weighing on TUes! STS this week so hoping for loss this Tuesday. Things I need to do at the mo are get back to exercise (haven't done any in a while) and plan meals for next few days. I have made a massive fruit salad to munch on if I'm hungry! Had meal out tonight but had the light option for main and dessert around 500cals for the lot so fingers crossed not done too much damage. Also no alcohol! Good luck everyone :)

Well done x

Morning Everyone. We cooked the Malaysian chicken and red pepper curry again from the SW Asian cookbook again last night - have to say this is now a firm favourite and the Saturday night curry of choice at the moment. Is you have invested in the book I seriously doubt you could be disappointed. Treated myself bottle of Tia Maria at home, 25 ml is 3.5 syns, add diet coke/zero coke mixer and I thought might make a Saturday night alternative to my red wine for my Saturday treat. I have a spirit measure at home to make sure I measure.

Not getting into full on body magic just yet but being aware to walk more, etc. Have an extra day booked off tomorrow an hubby is off so want to get out somewhere by the sea and chill, if the weather holds up; we may do some coastal walks this summer. Have done some 4/5 ones last year and even did a 14 mile charity walk last year - boy that one really hurt the last 5 miles in the rain and walking up the stairs to bed was a might ooch ouch lol but we did it - definitely not that fit but raised over 300 pounds for charity so all in a good cause, not doing it this year though lol. There is no way I'd rank either of us as fit :) I might get back into aquafit in the summer but didn't have have the energy with winter viruses and increased workloads when we were short staffed at work - don't know how you guys do it sustainably. Just had a lovely cooked brekkie - amazing you can do that in the plans hey.

Hope you're all ok and Becky whatever happens diet wise be gentle on yourself just now x x Thinking of you x

And a little light note .... Caption upload :)

Attachments

• image-3642312829.jpg
    image-3642312829.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Morning all just finished doing the level one 30 day shread, showered now time to do my weekly menu and go shopping, may try some of the Asian recipes this week Aqua. Weather is beautiful here today so may have a BBQ later, tesco do some lovely salmon kebabs so may get a couple to go on BBQ. Aqua all the walking you do counts a lot towards your fitness, I don't really go into the body magic thing as going to the gym is something that I have always done. Anyone exercising really needs to find something they enjoy or you won't keep it up. I always remember hearing a fitness instructor say that, It is easy to start exercising the hardest thing is keeping it up and that is so true. Even I have days that I don't feel like going but do as it is a normal routine to me and also a big part of my social life, talking of I'm out for a meal with my gym buddy's Monday for lunch will have to make healthy choices. Have a good day all.

Good afternoon team, hope your weekend has been going well so far. I've just got back from Blackpool and I have to say its hard work sticking to your diet when your on a mini break but I think I did ok ish sort of. Food ate yesterday :-
Breakfast / lunch = made a SW cooked breakfast all free used 1/2 hex b,
snack = fruit salad I brought with me & banana, but then I had a Costa skinny gingerbread latte
Tea = chicken & peppers skewers with rice, salad & veg no dressings or sauces but had some salsa.
Supper = two Oreo cookies (5 syns) Viennese biscuit (4 syns) but my Costa was 11 syns! Do you think I can count some of the milk as my hex a choice and count the drink as 6 syns or is that just kidding myself. Oh and 1 small glass of pink (6) total is 26 syns no exercise but I did walk about. What do you think? X

Back