Looking for a buddy for slimming world. Started 2 days ago!!

I think that as long as you follow the plan the rest of the time you'll be ok. At the end of the day you still have to enjoy yourself now and again and not beat yourself up for slipping off plan, as long as you get back on it is the main thing. When I go on hols in July I hope to be target but if I'm not I'm going to enjoy myself and get back on plan when I get home. It's my chocolate treat day today so I'm off to have my freddo.

I think that as long as you follow the plan the rest of the time you'll be ok. At the end of the day you still have to enjoy yourself now and again and not beat yourself up for slipping off plan, as long as you get back on it is the main thing. When I go on hols in July I hope to be target but if I'm not I'm going to enjoy myself and get back on plan when I get home. It's my chocolate treat day today so I'm off to have my freddo.

Lexibell your right & I have to say I really enjoyed it, I love Costa I even resisted the cakes my BF still had his though but in all we had a really good day & night. Tasha I'm with you ill count some of it as my hex a, I ordered the massimo size though mmm yummy. I'm weighing in tomorrow so we'll have to see.
Aqua how much is that Asia cookbook? That curry sounds really nice
lexibell how did you get on with 30 day shred & where are you off on your holidays? Xx

Lexibell your right & I have to say I really enjoyed it, I love Costa I even resisted the cakes my BF still had his though but in all we had a really good day & night. Tasha I'm with you ill count some of it as my hex a, I ordered the massimo size though mmm yummy. I'm weighing in tomorrow so we'll have to see.
Aqua how much is that Asia cookbook? That curry sounds really nice
lexibell how did you get on with 30 day shred & where are you off on your holidays? Xx

Hi Cooke it's 4.95 and worth every penny :). Just in from a lovely meander around Polperro harbour and part of the coastal path - - stunning :)

Attachments

• image-768119903.jpg
    image-768119903.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 36
Considering I work out with step classes and swimming now and again I have found the 30 day shread a real good workout, I have ordered the DVD but I have been doing level 1 which is on you tube, it is a good non stop 20 min workout great to fit in extra keep fit in between classes. I envy you aqua living in such a lovely part of the UK, polperro is lovely had a walk around there lots of times as my hubby is originally from Plymouth, all that exercise and lovely views. Just cooking some salmon kababs for tea, marinating some pork for tomorrow and cooking a chicken curry for Tuesday how's that for planning. We are going to fuertuventura in July and a cruise at the end of sept, both all inclusive so now you know why I need to be target before I go as I just love to eat lol.

Considering I work out with step classes and swimming now and again I have found the 30 day shread a real good workout, I have ordered the DVD but I have been doing level 1 which is on you tube, it is a good non stop 20 min workout great to fit in extra keep fit in between classes. I envy you aqua living in such a lovely part of the UK, polperro is lovely had a walk around there lots of times as my hubby is originally from Plymouth, all that exercise and lovely views. Just cooking some salmon kababs for tea, marinating some pork for tomorrow and cooking a chicken curry for Tuesday how's that for planning. We are going to fuertuventura in July and a cruise at the end of sept, both all inclusive so now you know why I need to be target before I go as I just love to eat lol.

Sounds like you are being super organised Lexi and the holidays sound wonderful. Ah so you know how beautiful it can be down here :). Have tomorrow off as a bit run down, post viral and flagging as have had six months in the office with colleague off and not enough cover for her hours - recharge few days and next weekend is the bank hol so doing some nice things. Not sure what we're doing tomorrow yet but fancy going out for a walk again somewhere nice - will see what the weather brings tomorrow. What re you marinating the pork in? Kebabs sound nice - I've cooked salmon steaks in the past and topped them with king prawns with a little Philadelphia light stirred into them whilst cooking - quite low as you only need to count the Philadelphia.

Becky been thinking of you today.
Aqua definitely want the Asian cookbook. I am going to try to get to a meeting tomorrow. My problem is my broken arm and not being able to drive, plaster off in 2 weeks. Aqua you are lucky to live in Cornwall, never been but would love to.
Sunday's I find are quite difficult food wise. Today I had toast for the first time without butter....acceptable but just!
Husband at the footy match and daughter out playing so I am watching my fav james martin Saturday kitchen on replay, love it !

I bought a halogen cooker so bought a cookbook from amazon for it and there are some fab recipes in there the chicken curry and the Asian pork kababs are from there. Don't know what they will be like called for sherry but used red wine vinegar instead with, garlic, ginger, Chinese 5 spice, a little sesame oil, soy sauce and sweetener. Have to put on skewers with red pepper. I'll let you know tomorrow what they are like. Weather has been lovely so had to have a sneaky rum and diet coke sat in the garden, it's got to be done. It will do you good aqua getting out in the fresh air.

I bought a halogen cooker so bought a cookbook from amazon for it and there are some fab recipes in there the chicken curry and the Asian pork kababs are from there. Don't know what they will be like called for sherry but used red wine vinegar instead with, garlic, ginger, Chinese 5 spice, a little sesame oil, soy sauce and sweetener. Have to put on skewers with red pepper. I'll let you know tomorrow what they are like. Weather has been lovely so had to have a sneaky rum and diet coke sat in the garden, it's got to be done. It will do you good aqua getting out in the fresh air.

Haha, a sneaky rum and coke. Love it! No harm in one! :)

Mmm sunshine, we did have a little bit today in Manchester which was nice. Lexibell your meals sounds lovely and I'm very impressed with you being so organised so I'm going to do our meal plan too for the week. Aqua Polperro looks lovely we've been to Cornwall but only to Bude we love it too! I'll order that cookbook tomorrow & I hope you enjoy your days off too. Like you Lexi I have a holiday coming up in just 13 days I'm trying to get into the Playsuit the BF bought me at Xmas and its not looking good so far but I'll give it my best this week. I love holidays but it'll be nice to go a bit slimmer!

Beckyboo I hope your coping well sending you a wee hug :hug99:

I'm avoiding the sunshine until i feel it's properly summer and I've lost some weight! I'll feel so much better and confident if my clothes feel a bit slimmer than now.

Zippy you stats show your doing well so far so you could enjoy a little bit now. I think it lifts the spirits in the sunshine, it's the one time of year I eat less, but perhaps I drink a wee bit too much Pimms & pink wine

Thanks Cookie but I know that if I accept that drink after work, it isn't a glass of red, it's sharing a bottle. and then it's sharing another bottle. I'm not going on that beach in the holiday the way I am. If I hit my goal earlier than intended, then I've got time for maintaining.

Fair enough Zippy, it is easy to get tempted to indulge a little too much but were all here to support each other in our weight loss journey so your welcome here :)

Well it's good to see everyone is still keeping on track...give or take a few drinks here and there. This has been my worst weekend since starting sw. It was our 3year wedding anniversary and my husband booked us into a beautiful hotel/spa for the night. We had fine dining and I over indulged in the mojitos. Had a cooked hotel breakfast this morning and had homemade (not sw) lasagne at a friends. I'm glad I just enjoyed the break as it was well needed. I haven't had that much to drink in prob 2 years and in the 3years we've been married we've had 2children and one bone marrow transplant where we had to move to England for 5months with our son. I'll definitely be back on the wagon and starting 30day shred tomorrow. Felt really good at the weekend with the weight I've lost so far so it's a real incentive. Loving the recipe ideas. I'm gonna try syn free rice pudding this week. And try more recipes from the Asia cook book. Good luck to everyone this week with the weigh ins. I would be very happy to sts given the weekend I've had but tomorrow morning I'll be back on the straight and narrow.

Hey ballymoneygirl.

I really don't think that you have anything to apologise for for this weekend, even with the valid excuses regarding the transplant and moving. It was your anniversary, hubbie had booked something amazing for the both of you to enjoy. He wouldn't have wanted to drink on his own. Mojitos? (My favourite cocktail) Fantastic! ;) Fine dining? Awesome! ;)
I wouldn't even say you fell off the wagon and all that hoopla about getting back on. You had a weekend of bliss and luxury, do not feel guilty about that because really, it sounds like you deserved it.
Ben x
PS If I read a message from you tomorrow about eating fish and chips whilst swigging 2 bottles of wine, I might react differently!

Hello everyone, hope your all ok? Its been a tough few days, have massive feelings of guilt over my dads passing, he had liver problems due to being an alcoholic for a long time (over 10 yrs) my mum finally left him 6 years ago as she couldnt cope with the secret drinking and masses of debt he got them into and he just went down hill from there. He met a lady (H) sadly with learning difficulties in Birmingham and they had a child together, a baby boy. He is now 4 and beautiful, scarily looks like my dad and even me when i was small, I managed to track her down as I needed to tell her the bad news. She took it suprisingly well and wants me and my two sisters ( my sisters have same dad they are 16 and 19 yrs old) to meet our half brother. My dad then that yr following a fall out with H moved back home to live with his mum in Newcastle, his drinking got worse especially now that he had someone to fund his habit, his mum. (she wasnt funding it intentionally, she was quite naive and believed him when he said he didnt drink much) for the last few years he has been in and out of hospital due to alcoholic liver disease, In February I had a phone call from the hospital in Newcastle saying that I should go up there as he was very poorly and they didnt think he had long, he was on his death bed then and made a remarkable recovery and got discharged, since then he has been in and out of a and e, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day, the alcohol had eaten his life and swallowed the man he once was. I went to see him in Feb and since have had calls from the hospital advising he isnt in a good way, sometimes i got cross with my dad on the phone because i was trying to get him to realise what he was doing to himself. Fri morning will be the last time i ever spoke to him, he was confused and phoned me from the hospital because he wanted some money and to come home, I was tough and told him that he needed to stay to get better (At this point he had been sectioned) he really didnt want to be there and was very agitated, I was firm with him on the phone but I made sure that I told him that I loved him and then a few hours later I got a call from the doctor saying he had deteriorated and I honestly just though, yeh yeh, he will bounce back again....5 hours later I then received the call to say he had passed away whilst lying on his bed. Im feeling guilty because he was alone when he died and I saw him once every 3 yrs, I feel like I should have done more and it is eating away at me.
Im sorry for the essay, I just wanted you guys to know the story, I thought it might help explain how I am feeling.

I havent really been feeling hungry so have stuck to the plan....am struggling emotionally and it has hit me harder then I ever thought it would.

Thanks everyone for being there, it means alot, I definitely find it easier talking on here then with any of my family or friends.

Well done, you all seem to be doing so well xx

Becky, what to say. I guess you are bothered you were not there when he died. I don't think you could have done any more? I assume you are miles away and couldn't keep coming to see him. You said you loved him and 're assured him. My dad was sectioned last year due to mental health problems and I was the one who pushed for it to get treatment. It's tough when you have all this going on, I got really frustrated with him and it was a huge roller coaster of emotions. Never a right or wrong way to be I decided as I couldn't control him and it almost cracked my mother up too. I feel that there wouldn't have been much you could have done differently, just be strong in the next few weeks and the diet takes a back seat, please don't be hard on yourself, big hug xx

Hi Becky. Having dealt chronic illness with both my parents before they passed away close together early in 2011 I know you do have to make judgement calls, assess the situation and gear up and down according to severity. The distance also would have made it v hard for you and alcoholism is extremely tough to deal with. Sounds like your mum had reached the end of her tether with it before they split up - whilst you can guide and the health professionals can do their best the patient has their role to play too Becky - please don't hold all the guilt x x you did your v best. It sounds like the whole situation has been a tough emotional roller coaster for many years, what you are feeling now is all totally normal in the grief process. It's nice that you have the opportunity to meet your half brother if you wish. Be gentle on yourself the grieving journey is a v hard one - it's not something you just get over, it's a journey of acceptance and adjustment that the loved one is no longer here. A book you may find nice to read - Call me when you get to heaven', written by Jacky Newcomb and her sister Madeline Richardson x but only if you like that sort of book - read the preview on Amazon x x it helped me a lot when I lost my own parents and I still get times when I feel sad and miss them - people do, as I said it's an adjustment that takes a great deal of time not a case of getting over it x x love and hugs

Back