Looking for a buddy for slimming world. Started 2 days ago!!

Ok first welcome Faye

Secondly drum roll Woop Woop I lost 2.5 lbs and have my one stone award :) 15 lbs gone YAY

Definitely should be on commission for the Asia cookbook as have you all hooked lol

Syn free chilli

Lean mince ( less than 5% fat)
Carton passata
Tin tomatoes
Tin red kidney beans (drained)
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp hot chilli powder

Cook on job for half an hour - brown mince first then add other ingredients.

You can also leave out tin tomatoes and use 2 cartons of passata instead - matter if taste - enjoy girls

Becky day at a time x x you have a tough week ahead but it's going to take a lot if time so go easy on yourself. BMG good luck re class :)

Last edited:
Hello Faye and welcome to our little group. Beckyboo and Aqua, excellent news on your weight losses this week and fingers crossed BMG you've found a meeting to attend. Beckyboo I'm glad your starting to feel good again, you deserve it, enjoy work tomorrow and have a safe trip up to Newcastle at the weekend.

Hope everyone enjoys their chilli teas for me tomorrow I'm having SW chips and beans with a sprinkle of cheese, simple but delicious, I suppose I could have a few mushrooms for my 1/3 SF couldn't I? Xx

Well done Aqua that is fantastic news, Im so pleased for you :)

Chilli was yum, havent had any syns today either :) xx

Hi all everybody seems to be doing so well, glad your feeling a bit better Becky. I also have a lovely recipe for a chilli that I have done for years and its free. I fry green pepper and onion in fry light for a few mins then add mince beef to brown off. I then add a tin of chopped tomatoes ( I also thrown in some fresh ones if I have some I need to use up). Add 2 cloves crushed garlic, a tablespoon vinegar,salt, black pepper, chilli powder to your taste(I like hot), a tablespoon sweetener and red kidney beans. I cook mine in a pressure cooker for 20 mins but you could also do it in a slow cooker. Welcome Faye you'll get loads of tips from everybody here. Well I'm off too bed gym in the morning night all.

Careful with the exercise i overdid it when i started and because my body had to make adjustments with food and weight loss i didnt have a huge loss, let your body get use to food for a week or so then do your exercise ive been on plan for 15 or so weeks and lost 1stone 6 lbs i lost 1.5 last week after taking up kickboxercising, you can really feel it working :3 good luck!

Careful with the exercise i overdid it when i started and because my body had to make adjustments with food and weight loss i didnt have a huge loss, let your body get use to food for a week or so then do your exercise ive been on plan for 15 or so weeks and lost 1stone 6 lbs i lost 1.5 last week after taking up kickboxercising, you can really feel it working :3 good luck!

I haven't only just started going to the gym Emily I have been going to classes for as long as I can remember and have been a member of my gym for years, it is a big part of my social life. I haven't really changed my main meals all that much all I have done is cut out all of the rubbish that I use to eat. I am only 5lb off my target and as long as I lose it by July I'll be happy.

Thanks for the chilli recipes girls. Found a class to go to yesterday and I stayed the same which I'm happy enough about. I only started exercising in Feb so am quite new to it. Exercised a few years back for my wedding but now I want to be like you Lexi and have healthy eating and exercise a part of my life. I'm 37 in June and want to be fit and healthy by my 38th birthday. I'm doing the 30 day shred for a couple of reasons. I want it to kick start my fitness and also as I'm still on maternity leave I want to make the most of it. It makes me feel good and I'm not too worried about the weight loss at the minute but want to feel fit. Hope everyone has their weekend planned. I'm having friends to visit and they'll not realise they're doing slimming world!!!!! Hope you're holding up OK Becky.

I haven't only just started going to the gym Emily I have been going to classes for as long as I can remember and have been a member of my gym for years, it is a big part of my social life. I haven't really changed my main meals all that much all I have done is cut out all of the rubbish that I use to eat. I am only 5lb off my target and as long as I lose it by July I'll be happy.

You'll do it Lexi & you're helping us achieve too. Have a great time tonight at your party, maybe a bit of dancing to get some extra body magic? Xx

Thanks for the chilli recipes girls. Found a class to go to yesterday and I stayed the same which I'm happy enough about. I only started exercising in Feb so am quite new to it. Exercised a few years back for my wedding but now I want to be like you Lexi and have healthy eating and exercise a part of my life. I'm 37 in June and want to be fit and healthy by my 38th birthday. I'm doing the 30 day shred for a couple of reasons. I want it to kick start my fitness and also as I'm still on maternity leave I want to make the most of it. It makes me feel good and I'm not too worried about the weight loss at the minute but want to feel fit. Hope everyone has their weekend planned. I'm having friends to visit and they'll not realise they're doing slimming world!!!!! Hope you're holding up OK Becky.

Well done BMG on staying the same and not gaining weight, you'll get a loss next week especially with your 30 day shred. Exercise does make us feel better doesn't it? It makes our bodies look shapely too and nice in new clothes. Enjoy your SW weekend with your pals. I'm off to Wolverhampton to see my folks as its my mums birthday and while I'm only 8 days away from my holiday I've already chosen my SW type meal to help keep me on track too.

I hope everyone has a lovely SW food bank holiday weekend xx

Haven't had a good day today, had both of my sons over for a BBQ which was lovely but had a few drinks and a small piece of vanilla cheesecake. Also had a burger which even though was 95% meat will still be about 8 sins I would think. Oh we'll it's one day back on it tomorrow. Hope you all have a great bank holiday weekend.

Hi ladies , had a busy couple of days. Ate out twice, lunch yesterday spaghetti with tomato sauce and pesto. Last night antipasto shared for starter and spicey chicken and vegetables for mains. Great proud I managed but of course wine sabotaged the syns! To be honest that's my problem but cannot go out and not have a drink. Had a lovely syn free brunch today. Great night out last night with my friends and told them about joining SW, they were really supportive. Predetermined to get there. Read everyone's posts have a great weekend x

image.jpgI have just worked out how to add photos. These were the pancakes I made a while back all free and delish.

I don't think you were too bad yesterday Lexibell. Small piece of cheesecake etc.
When is weigh day and if you were straight back on it, no problem! ;)

Morning everyone hope you're all having a lovely long weekend break - thinking of you Becky as I know things are v hard for you at the moment x x Lexi sounds like you were in control at the BBQ and just allowed a few extra syns before being right back on it which is flexible syns - have a read in your book, well done. Pancake pic looks good :). I'm making the Indonesian yellow chicken curry from the SW Asian cookbook later so, will let you know how that turns out. Love that cookbook :).

I tried Truvia - bought it for hubby to try as he doesn't like sweeteners so still has one sugar in his tea. Ad says it's more like granulated sugar. Verdict - really didn't like it and when I tried it I preferred sweeteners, didn't like the taste at all. Hubby has now lost a stone too - he weighs at home on Saturdays :)

Hello everyone, hope your all well. It's Monday and so I weighed in this morning and I lost 3lbs I'm so happy I really pushed it this week as I go on holiday on Saturday. I also got slimmer of the week too, for the 2nd time in a row so 12lbs in 3wks = a very happy and slightly smaller cookie :happy036:xxx

Hello everyone, hope your all well. It's Monday and so I weighed in this morning and I lost 3lbs I'm so happy I really pushed it this week as I go on holiday on Saturday. I also got slimmer of the week too, for the 2nd time in a row so 12lbs in 3wks = a very happy and slightly smaller cookie :happy036:xxx

Cookie that's fantastic - well done you - amazing weight loss and Slimmer of the Week - fantastic x x where are you off on holiday?

Cookie that's fantastic - well done you - amazing weight loss and Slimmer of the Week - fantastic x x where are you off on holiday?

Hi Aqua, we're off to Mexico Riviera Maya for two weeks, neither if us have ever been before so very excited its all inclusive though which is a bit scary. How are you and your horrid sweetener? X

Hi Aqua, we're off to Mexico Riviera Maya for two weeks, neither if us have ever been before so very excited its all inclusive though which is a bit scary. How are you and your horrid sweetener? X

Hi Cookie - it comes in a box in sachets so I'm taking it to class next week so people can try before they buy :) not going to be using it. Mexico - sounds nice :). Sunshine and chill time - sounds wonderful. Oops time to wash off my hair colour - time says it's cooked lol catch you later :)

Back