Looking For A Buddy...

Rkmriddell

Gold Member
Hi everyone

I'm bex, 28, married with twin boys who will be 2 at the end of the month. I've been unhappy with my weight since i ballooned after quitting smoking six years ago and have been "doing something about it" for at least the last two (off and on). I lost a stone on slimming world before switching to ww as i need to control my portions. I joined WW 11 weeks ago and aside from falling off the wagon over xmas i have got down to 13st 5.5.

I have three and a half stone to lose and am determined to do it this year. I want to be able to run around after my kids and also want them to grow up in a household that is healthy and where good food and exercise is the norm....

I am also trying to exercise by taking myself round the block on a walk / jog program to try and learn to run. I am always busy and tired and find that this is often my biggest hurdle to overcome.

I'm hoping to find someone with a similar amount to lose so that we can buddy up and reach our goals together this year!

I hope to hear from you soon xxx

Hey Bex
Im Fiona, 30
You sound very similar to me I have twin boys aswel who will be 2 in May and a 3 year old boy and I want to lose 3 and a half stone!!
Im going to start walking my dog lots and get my exercise bike out!
Look forward to getting to know you a bit better

Hi bex

I put on most of my weight while I was pregnant I have a baby boy who's gona turn 1 in feb. I have managed to lose 2 1/2 stones with WW I have been doing it by myself. I messed up during Christmas and new years so started properly on Monday. Started wii fit on Monday aswell only 10mins loll il slowly increase it as weeks go by, this will be my experiment to see if doing the wii fit really works xxx

fionao said:
Hey Bex
Im Fiona, 30
You sound very similar to me I have twin boys aswel who will be 2 in May and a 3 year old boy and I want to lose 3 and a half stone!!
Im going to start walking my dog lots and get my exercise bike out!
Look forward to getting to know you a bit better

Hey! Another twin mummy! Makes you wonder why we're not skinny as I swear I never stop lol do you really must have your hands full lol. X

Sas101 said:
Hi bex

I put on most of my weight while I was pregnant I have a baby boy who's gona turn 1 in feb. I have managed to lose 2 1/2 stones with WW I have been doing it by myself. I messed up during Christmas and new years so started properly on Monday. Started wii fit on Monday aswell only 10mins loll il slowly increase it as weeks go by, this will be my experiment to see if doing the wii fit really works xxx

Wow!! Well done on your loss so far! How long has that taken? Oh the wii fit I quite like that but am determined to learn to run this year. Its something ive always wanted to do x

Rkmriddell said:
Wow!! Well done on your loss so far! How long has that taken? Oh the wii fit I quite like that but am determined to learn to run this year. Its something ive always wanted to do x

Thank you hun it's taken me about 3 months or so got a bit stuck at chrismas and then ate so much on new years am not going to weigh in this Friday am to scared Loll il be weighing in next fri. Have u officially started x

Sas101 said:
Thank you hun it's taken me about 3 months or so got a bit stuck at chrismas and then ate so much on new years am not going to weigh in this Friday am to scared Loll il be weighing in next fri. Have u officially started x

Got back on it on Sunday this week! Weigh in is on a Monday for me so will see how we get on. Am hoping I can shift 6lb by the end of the month though and be 12 something for the first time in a while! Am hoping if I stick at it i can achieve goal (3st 6.5lbs) by August. Have started exercising to try and make this achievable. Am determined to lose my weight this year!!

3 months is a really quick result for that much weight, well done!! What's for tea tonight? Chicken and pasta for us I think x

Rkmriddell said:
Got back on it on Sunday this week! Weigh in is on a Monday for me so will see how we get on. Am hoping I can shift 6lb by the end of the month though and be 12 something for the first time in a while! Am hoping if I stick at it i can achieve goal (3st 6.5lbs) by August. Have started exercising to try and make this achievable. Am determined to lose my weight this year!!

3 months is a really quick result for that much weight, well done!! What's for tea tonight? Chicken and pasta for us I think x

You will hun it's good to keep 6 pounds a month lose target then if u lose more you will be so happy. Yeah 3 month was pretty fast where as wen I did Cambridge ( vlcd) I lost a stone a month so not bad at least o get to eat.

Dinner tonight will be a jacket potato Tuna mayo and il probably have custard and Ww cake after or fruit Mmm loll

Hiya!!

I'm heavier than you too, and am no-where near having children, and my name is not Bex....

Does that mean I can't come out to play?!!

:)

Sas101 said:
You will hun it's good to keep 6 pounds a month lose target then if u lose more you will be so happy. Yeah 3 month was pretty fast where as wen I did Cambridge ( vlcd) I lost a stone a month so not bad at least o get to eat.

Dinner tonight will be a jacket potato Tuna mayo and il probably have custard and Ww cake after or fruit Mmm loll

How did you find Cambridge? I did something similar a few years back but i didn't like it x

missybct said:
Hey! Welcome :) I'm heavier than you and do not have children but I'm willing to be a buddy :D (I'm also called Bex, aren't we great!)

Well done on joining WW and good luck! xxx

Good luck to you too! How much do you have to lose? And yes, we are great x

RhiBro said:
Hiya!!

I'm heavier than you too, and am no-where near having children, and my name is not Bex....

Does that mean I can't come out to play?!!

You can definitely come to play lol. How much do you have to lose? Are you new to ww? X

Hey Hun,

Got approx 6 stone to lose, although due to my build (standard fatty excuse I know!!) I'm not sure I will be able to get to 11stone!! I'm build quite similarly to a rugby player!!

Rkmriddell said:
How did you find Cambridge? I did something similar a few years back but i didn't like it x

As I had never done a diet like Cambridge before it was ok and plus I was losing fast. I lost 5 stones in 4.5 months I went from a tight size 16 to a lose size 8 probably could have got into a size 6 and I looked bloody good. Obviously there were days were it was so hard but I used to count the weeks down and I guess it helped. I tried to go back on it before I started Ww but like my old councillor said it's even more harder the second time and it was I just couldn't last 2 days. I am so happy with Ww u can eat what ever u want within ur points and to be honest I wouldn't care if it took me a year to be a size 8 again as long as I can be a normal human being and eat loll

missybct said:
Roughly about six stone, but may go lower than that - I started off needing to lose ten though, so am someway through the journey!

xxx

Wow!! Well done. Have you lost it all on ww? How long has it taken? Do you have a goal date in mind? X

RhiBro said:
Hey Hun,

Got approx 6 stone to lose, although due to my build (standard fatty excuse I know!!) I'm not sure I will be able to get to 11stone!! I'm build quite similarly to a rugby player!!

Lol I'm the same tbh. Even when I was smaller i don't ever remember being anywhere near the bottom end of my ideal weight which apparantely is like 8st!! I'm trying to ultimately get to 9.13 just so I'm less than 10 but will see how it sits on me. I really just want to be comfortable in clothes and able to run round after the kids etc. I want them to have the healthy role model that I never iykwim x do you have a goal date in mind? Have you just started? X

Sas101 said:
As I had never done a diet like Cambridge before it was ok and plus I was losing fast. I lost 5 stones in 4.5 months I went from a tight size 16 to a lose size 8 probably could have got into a size 6 and I looked bloody good. Obviously there were days were it was so hard but I used to count the weeks down and I guess it helped. I tried to go back on it before I started Ww but like my old councillor said it's even more harder the second time and it was I just couldn't last 2 days. I am so happy with Ww u can eat what ever u want within ur points and to be honest I wouldn't care if it took me a year to be a size 8 again as long as I can be a normal human being and eat loll

Wow!! That's a really fast drop isn't it!! I've heard good and bad reviews to that but i know that i like my food too much to go without it!! Am also trying like you to learn to be 'normal' with food choices, portions etc so that the kids have a healthy role model to look up to whilst they're growing up x

Wow!! Well done. Have you lost it all on ww? How long has it taken? Do you have a goal date in mind? X

Yeah, all on WW - I joined last March and lost just over 4 stone by August, then stopped tracking and put a stone and a bit on - then rejoined at the end of last year.

I don't have a goal date in mind, but I'd like to think perhaps I'll be at goal this time next year :)

xxx

Back