Looking for a low fat cheese sauce

What about two beaten eggs, HEA of cheese, black pepper, mustard powder and fat free natural yogurt or fromage frais or even blitzed cottage cheese all mixed together and pour over the top. Don't know if it will work, this was off the top of my head.

What about two beaten eggs, HEA of cheese, black pepper, mustard powder and fat free natural yogurt or fromage frais or even blitzed cottage cheese all mixed together and pour over the top. Don't know if it will work, this was off the top of my head.

I have low fat natural yogurt in the fridge, is this the same as fat free.

I think so. if you check the fat content on the label it should be fairly close to zero.

The only syn free one I know of is the 6 Laughing Cow fat free triangles (HEA) and water one. That might not be enough for your whole lasagne unless you do some synning :-(

I use the Free and Easy Dairy Free Cheese Sauce. Am not too impressed with the flavour of the sauce on it's own. But in a lasagne it adds that much needed sauce and is great for the top with the all too lovely low fat rubber (sorry cheddar). I use this in meat or veggie lasagne.

Nutritional info: per 100g (can't find it on the Slimming World syn finder - sorry)

Energy: 110Kj 26Kcal
Carbs: 6.4g
Fat: 0.2g
(sats) trace

Hope this helps!

sorry I took so long to get the cheese sauce recipe to you. I kept forgetting lol.

Anyway this is the one using cornstarch

750ml of skimmed milk
40g cornflour
100g of reduced fat cheddar cheese.

I would think that will make up quite a lot of cheese sauce and is probably for a large lasagne, so when divided up into portions is not that bad syn wise, if you use the milk and cheese as your healthy extras

Britmum, what are the syns in that sauce recipe then I can -6 for 350ml milk and -6 for 42g reduced fat cheese?

Thanks xx

I am not sure on the syn value, the recipe is from a low fat cook book I have. 28g of cornflour is 5 syns though. So if you use the milk and cheese as HEX's. I would say about 7 syns for the whole cheese sauce?

Which if the lasagne was for a serving of 4 say, would make it less than 2 syns per portion, which isnt bad at all.

Just to say we have the Free and Easy Cheese Sauce at home as my daughter is lactose intolerant and I think it tastes nice! Worth a go, as it's free?

Back