Looking for a propoints buddy

PixiePix

Hi there

Am new on here, and just came across this. I would like to find a pro points buddy, preferably from my own time zone or close. Maybe someone also on the metric system, so we wont have to convert all the time ;)

I started WW 5 weeks ago, and am going to stick to it, and lose my weight slow and steady, then keep it off :)

PixiePix said:
Hi there

Am new on here, and just came across this. I would like to find a pro points buddy, preferably from my own time zone or close. Maybe someone also on the metric system, so we wont have to convert all the time ;)

I started WW 5 weeks ago, and am going to stick to it, and lose my weight slow and steady, then keep it off :)

Hey Pixiepix

I'm from the uk so dont know whether that is close enough for you?

How much are you looking to lose? Good luck with ww :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi

The UK is close enough :)

I am looking to lose 40 kilos. Already lost 3 1/2 of it. I think 40 kilos is 88 pounds.

How about you? How long have you bern at it? How much to lose?

PixiePix said:
Hi

The UK is close enough :)

I am looking to lose 40 kilos. Already lost 3 1/2 of it. I think 40 kilos is 88 pounds.

How about you? How long have you bern at it? How much to lose?

Yeah 40kilo is roughy 88lbs well done on the weight loss so far!

I started on feb 20th did well then went on a two week holiday and put everything back on so started again about 3 weeks ago do far I've lost 5.8 kilos with another 10 kilos to go and I've given myself a goal of Christmas to lose it by slow and steady! Ideal weight is 60kilos :)

Lucky you! As in lucky you don't have to lose more weight. It's still hard tho, just a shorter journey to mantaining. Wonder if I best find someone in need to lose as much as myself.

Do you plan to stick to WW after losing?

Congrats on the loss this far :)

You could do hun then you could go the full journey together.
I guess I don't have as much to lose as some but I think that soon i'll be finding it really hard I seem to get to around this weight level and then stop losing weight but hopefully I'll be able to continue to lose as long as I stick to ww, I think that when I hit goal I'll be using ww recipes without actively counting the points by then I should automatically know all the points values for the food I eat!

No one said i. Ant have two buddies?

I guess I could have you as well as someone else trying to lose 40 kilos/88 pounds :)

There are some very good recipes in the WW cook books.

Tell me bout the "dry spell" when losing weight. It's aleays so "easy" at first, then gets harder. It's why I have not set a specific goal, or rather a date by which to achieve it. Sometime next Summer should get there.

PixiePix said:
There are some very good recipes in the WW cook books.

Tell me bout the "dry spell" when losing weight. It's aleays so "easy" at first, then gets harder. It's why I have not set a specific goal, or rather a date by which to achieve it. Sometime next Summer should get there.

I think your doing. it in a good way with no specific date set.
I don't know what it is but my body seems to like being around 11stone and doesn't want to move too much past that I know I need to increase my exercise but that's difficult for me so super strict with my daily points and no weeklies is the way to go I think

We are all different and we will need different ways to succeed :)

I heard that our body gets used to being a certain weight and then believes that is the right weight for it to be, and thats why it is so hard losing weight. The longer you have been overweight the harder it will be to convince your body that it needs to be thinner :)

7 of 88 pounds lost in 5 weeks (Slow & Steady & For Good)

PixiePix said:
We are all different and we will need different ways to succeed :)

I heard that our body gets used to being a certain weight and then believes that is the right weight for it to be, and thats why it is so hard losing weight. The longer you have been overweight the harder it will be to convince your body that it needs to be thinner :)

7 of 88 pounds lost in 5 weeks (Slow & Steady & For Good)

That's very true I clearly need to convince mine it wants to be skinny rather then staying as it is this must be the lazy side of me!

Well done on the loss do far I gained 1lb this week so need to move on from that and get back into it tomorrow

I know. It's hard, but not impossible. We just need to remember that, and have a bit pf patience :)

I have gained weight from Saturdays party, and even if I knew and had planned to have the day off even if it meant gaining I am a bit sad to have gained. Luckily it will be back off again soon. I have to look ahead. Am in this for the long run :)

10 of 88 pounds lost in 6 weeks (Slow & Steady & For Good)

PixiePix said:
I know. It's hard, but not impossible. We just need to remember that, and have a bit pf patience :)

I have gained weight from Saturdays party, and even if I knew and had planned to have the day off even if it meant gaining I am a bit sad to have gained. Luckily it will be back off again soon. I have to look ahead. Am in this for the long run :)

That is a great way to look at it, next week I will have lost that pound I gained if it kills me! Motivation starts tomorrow properly!

I try to be positive, but it is hard at times.

This week my 13 year old niece is visiting and we are spending a lot of time out. It's hard to keep score. So this week is deffo a gain. I will not make up for Saturdays party and make it a STS. Will survive, and lose it again. Just need to stick to my points. Or make sure I am healthy while on hols ;)

You will do it btw. You know you can as you have before ;)

MissSmileyBrunette said:
Hiya ladies. Im trying to shift about 100 something lbs. Am doing weight watchers too ... also in the UK! lol.

Hi there, and welcome :)

Did you only just start? Or have you been at it for a while?

Where in the UK are you?

Heya. Thanks. Have needed to lose weight for a while but havent stuck to anything. Have started again about 4 or 5 weeks ago and have lost just over a stone ... still lots to go ... 100lbs odd. Am doing it from home by myself and so far so good. Trying not to get too overwhelmed by the amount of weight ... taking it lb by lb. Lol

It's best that way.

It's a long project and you will only get discouraged if not taking it slow. I have failed a million times when wanting to lose quick. Now I just think ahead a year, two years. If I stick to WW by then I should be my ideal weight :)

Back