Anybody looking for a diet buddy?

Hi all 👋🏻

I am not new to this forum though not the diet but, it has been a very long time and am seriously struggling to even get through a single day! I am usually not so bothered after a week just that, this time round I cannot get it going. Then I inevitably binge and try again grr! So, I just thought perhaps, if anyone else is also having that issue then maybe we could support each other. I have many health issues inc Fibro, Hashimotos and so on. The meds as well as autoimmune issues have driven my weight up massively and seems I am insatiable 🥴 Anyways, if anyone is out there and would like support also just let me know.

Hi Sweetenuff,

I'm new here too! I have health issues too which make weight loss challenging (PCOS and endometriosis) so I know how tough it it and how frustrating it can be when you're doing everything right and the scales won't budge!

What diet are you following? I'm doing calorie counting after getting fed up with slimming world. I've lost 13 1/2 lb so far. I don't really know what my goal weight is, it really depends on how my clothes fit me. When I get there I'll know!

Happy to give support and advice if I can :)

Hi Sweetenuff,

I'm new here too! I have health issues too which make weight loss challenging (PCOS and endometriosis) so I know how tough it it and how frustrating it can be when you're doing everything right and the scales won't budge!

What diet are you following? I'm doing calorie counting after getting fed up with slimming world. I've lost 13 1/2 lb so far. I don't really know what my goal weight is, it really depends on how my clothes fit me. When I get there I'll know!

Happy to give support and advice if I can :)
Hey 👋🏻 thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you are struggling too! Congrats on weight loss though 👏🏻 I am for sure struggling atm. I have had a frozen shoulder for weeks which hasn’t helped. I am no on Prostap which just seems to be adding weight. I am on Exante sole source at the moment but, feels like it is a losing battle. No clothes fit me and due to my issues most days are in PJ’s. Elastic waists are a downfall for sure 🤣 If I can be of any help pls feel free to let me know. Keep going as you are doing great!

Hi, Sweetenuff. Welcome to Minimins. There are others with medical challenges too. How's it going?

I know what you mean about elasticated waists! I will be measuring my weight lost down through jeans sizes!

Hi, Sweetenuff. Welcome to Minimins. There are others with medical challenges too. How's it going?

I know what you mean about elasticated waists! I will be measuring my weight lost down through jeans sizes!
Hi AliGal, thanks so much for reaching out. Seems I am not getting all notifications so have missed a lot of threads 🥴. It is nice to know others understand dealing with medical issues and just how tough it is! Especially, when you can’t even be active. Which diet are you on? I almost remember the last time I was able to fit in jeans 🤣

I'm wearing size 26 or 28 (will check tonight). I'm doing low carb/keto - and eating when hungry. That means I usually break fast at sometime between 1-4pm. https://www.dietdoctor.com/ is really helpful. I'm also in the FB group keto fitness club - and will join their membership when I get my finances back onto an even keel.

Hey 👋🏻 thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you are struggling too! Congrats on weight loss though 👏🏻 I am for sure struggling atm. I have had a frozen shoulder for weeks which hasn’t helped. I am no on Prostap which just seems to be adding weight. I am on Exante sole source at the moment but, feels like it is a losing battle. No clothes fit me and due to my issues most days are in PJ’s. Elastic waists are a downfall for sure 🤣 If I can be of any help pls feel free to let me know. Keep going as you are doing great!
Thank you! I tried on some of my old clothes the other day and was delighted that they fit! Maybe a tad snug in places but I've still got a bit of weight to lose yet so that's to be expected! How is exante? I've never done meal replacement, apart from one day on slim fast when I was in my 20s which didn't work out too well as it didn't agree with my tummy.

PJs are lethal!! I didn't realise I was gaining weight as I was in PJs every day due to lock down and it was only when I tried to put on actual clothes that I was like, oh dear....

Sorry to hear your meds are making it difficult for you. Are you able to exercise at all? Like a gentle walk if your shoulder is bad? I find that being active makes me feel better about my body and gives me confidence even when my weight stays the same (like it did this week, grrr). Idk about you, but for me sometimes I get so focussed on my health issues I forget that there are good things about my body too...if that makes sense?!

Stick with it hun, you will get there! xx

Back