Looking For A Weight Loss Buddy

Dia Dhuit Puisín

is back on the wagon!
The title says it all. I'm looking for a buddy (or more than one, I'm not choosy.) :D

I've 23lbs to go to my goal weight and would like to have someone to chat with on my journey. The people in my class are quite cliquey (I've been there for almost a year and pretty much haven't gotten past exchanging pleasantries.) The one good friend I have there is actually my friend's mother and doesn't always manage to make the same meeting as I do (which is completely understandable as she is (rightfully) enjoying her retirement and spending time with her two absolutely adorable grandchildren.)

So does anybody fancy buddying up with (an apparently social misfit :p ) like me?

what does being your buddy entail:D only joking,,i'm usually around if you want to chat,,i'm nearly a yr at my meeting too and only know the leader!!! even tho we all the same people week in week out but there usually a few that group together and i go on my own so i stay on my own:( i dont mind tho tis grand:)

Wow, first in the queue and Irish too. :D Your situation sounds like mine. Do I remember you saying that you knew of my leader and agreed that she was scary or was that someone else? I'm in Limerick.

In answer to your question about what a buddy would entail I haven't really thought past someone to talk s**** with. :D

Last edited:
We all need a diet buddy ha it makes u want 2 do it more =]

lol ya i think i've heard of your leader,,i go to limerick too:)

I'll jump in here too, have gone back to my meeting after 15 months away to find NO-ONE there I know.. and generally about 6 members stay! Oh, and my leader is off sick for another month, I only know one clerk there now so I know how you feel...!

So, erm... hi!

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been around much. I have a really horrible cold and it's annoying the living daylights out of me. Trying to get around it without having too many hot paracetemol drinks or relying too much on the cough bottle. I know that you should forget about any points they would be but still ... :(

Hey guys, any news? Lost this week (thank God :) ) Still have 6lbs I want to lose before the end of May. Hope I can make it.

How are all of ye getting on?

Mind yerselves.

BTW forgot to say to Charlotte-Eve - hi to you to. :wave_cry:

Thanks LEB. Feeling a wee bit better (bolstered by the fact that even with the party I was at over the weekend, the Benylin and the Grippostad (German Lemsip-type drink) - I still lost weight)

Congrats on the weight loss. I added you to the May Challenge list BTW. Hope it worked.

i'm looking forward to Eurovision tonight,,sad i know but i love it:D

A friend of mine is in Ireland from the States at the moment and she'll be in Limerick from tomorrow so we'll meet up sometime then. I haven't seen her in almost 2 years so I'm looking forward to it. :D

do you still want a weight loss buddy! I have 18lbs to get to my first major goal

Cool, sounds like a plan x Alex x

Hey all! I've read through ye're trend and would love 2 join your group I'd like to lose about a stone and think I could use the support as I'm doing it at home

Back