Looking for healthy eating pals

finnsmum

Hi, I'm Laura and mum to a 5 and 3 year old.

I've re-joined minimins because I've been the same weight for 6 weeks and need a bit of inspiration. I hope you guys can help me :)

I've lost nearly 3 stone since November and really want to shed another 2.

I've really got into fitness and now run, cycle and swim regularly. I'm training for the Cardiff Half marathon in October and a triathlon next month.

After years of flitting from one diet to another - losing and re-gaining the weight I'm just trying to eat a generally healthy, balanced diet. I've also increased the number of times I eat to 5 small meals but that takes planning and it's all gone to pot recently.

What tips do you have for shifting the pounds?

Laura x

Well done on the weight loss

I'm at the start of my journey and want to lose 2at, done 3lb in my first week

I'm the same I've done all sorts of diets and just decided I'm going to cut out sugary snacks, junk and frozen foods and eat more healthy, can't stay on a diet for your whole life but you can eat healthier. I will have a cheat every now and then let's face it I'm 25, I'm not going to go the rest of my life without a takeaway or a cake lol

In trying to get into exercising, running, cycling and swimming but hard at the minute as I'm so unfit, I know itl get easier just I'm impatient and get bored when I don't see results straight away which I know won't happen lol

yes eat fibre that keeps you fuller for longer like porridge :) drink lots of water too. Also head to the gym even if its just twice a week every little helps :)

I'm trying to drink about 6-8 glasses of water a day, seem to drink more at home than at work

thats what i need to do jamsey drink more water

It's good to drink plenty of water as alot of the time the body mistakes hunger for thirst

hi jamsey i have started drinking more water and your right it does help alot

hi jamsey i have started drinking more water and your right it does help alot

Good to hear, its amazing really......with how intelligent and amazing the human body and brain is suppose to be you'd think it could distinguish between hunger and thirst lol. I try to drink a glass of water before I eat a meal as i tend to eat less, because I eat quite quick I tend to overeat as I dont give my stomach enough time to register it is full......im trying to slow down lol

lol lol i like to have a drink with my meal but everyone said same as you one before and after but it really does work it just shows like you said how something like water can really help you xx

lol lol i like to have a drink with my meal but everyone said same as you one before and after but it really does work it just shows like you said how something like water can really help you xx

Good on ya.

Iv been slacking abit this week, only done a short run this morning, couldn't get motivated :(. Hopefully ill have lost some more weight when I weigh Sunday and that should help kick start me again

good luck for sunday x

Good to hear, its amazing really......with how intelligent and amazing the human body and brain is suppose to be you'd think it could distinguish between hunger and thirst lol. I try to drink a glass of water before I eat a meal as i tend to eat less, because I eat quite quick I tend to overeat as I dont give my stomach enough time to register it is full......im trying to slow down lol

To be fair, think about what you're very very first food was? It was milk. It's only really now I have a baby I've seen this! I often think how does he know the difference between hunger and thirst, but it doesn't matter to him cos milk solves both problems! So we never really learn to distinguish between the two.

To be fair, think about what you're very very first food was? It was milk. It's only really now I have a baby I've seen this! I often think how does he know the difference between hunger and thirst, but it doesn't matter to him cos milk solves both problems! So we never really learn to distinguish between the two.

That is actually a very good point

Back