Looking for Love

haggard_hannah

Proud to be a Loser!
Hi everyone,

So I've been single for a while now and, looking back at my "before" photos, it's not hard to see why :eek:

But now I've trimmed up and have bags more self-confidence. However, I still find it really hard talking to guys and I don't seem to be having any moer male interest.

So, my question to you guys is, how do you go about looking for love? Because I need all the help I can get! :rolleyes: xx

There is someone out there just for you I know it could be hard to find him what about the Internet lots of people use this way now I think its a great way of meeting men at least you get to know a little bit about them before you meet them it helps you find someone who has something in common.

Me husband and I have just parted if in the future I decide to look for a mr right I would deffo go down that road I don't think it's very easy to meet a guy in the pub.

Good luck hannah he might just be a few clicks of the mouse away

Thanks Lin, I like the idea of there being someone for everyone. But then I get scared that I won't be able to find my special someone! I'm too much of a worrier I think xx

You need to relax and not worry you are beautiful you should have nothing to worry about it will happen.

If you do find mr right ask him if he has an older brother send him my way LOL

Yeh I agree with Lin, just relax and don't dwell on it too much. You are looking great so I'm sure men will find you attractive! Next time your out just try and strike up a conversation with some one.....once you find out that they are not all that scary you will find it easier!

Damn what a pitty, all the decent ladies round here are either taken or muppets;)
My mates think ive turned gay(not that anythings wrong with that) purely because despite losing so much weight and gaining so much confidence I dont try and pull anything that breaths, i'm not btw. As for meeting anyone in a pub or club, seems rare. Things will happen when least expected.

Hey Hannah,
Your looking fab hon, and you will find someone very soon Im sure of it.... As Lin said there is someone out there for everyone, and I am sure you will find that person very soon... go out have a good time and try not to think about it and before you know it you will find Mr Right.......
Good luck hon your looking great and have done so well x

Yeah I definately agree with Badger, things will happen when least expected. Just chill and it will happen when it happens x

Hmm.. good question, I still wonder this myself!

I guess I figure that actually the best guys will come around when you're not looking for them. Because if you're not looking for them, you're not worrying, and if you're not worrying, you're having more fun, if you're having more fun, you look more confident and just like you have fun, and that's probably more sexy and appealing! Does that make sense?

If you feel comfortable with the whole online dating sites thing then go for it! I know a fair few people who have. One couple I know who have been married over 30 years met through a dating agency! Not sure dating sites would be more me personally, the idea of meeting up with someone from online seems a bit scary! But then you just put in place certain safeguards. So if you do try it, please just be careful, I'm sure you don't need me lecturing you though! Though, this said, I have got talking to a guy online before and then met him, and it really wasn't that bad! To be fair, we'd been talking for about 2 years though. I still don't quite know how that all came about really!!

Anyway, I'll stop rambling, good luck in your search for love, I'm sure you'll find it just when you least expect it!

Flipping heck you look like a different woman, you will be snatched up by some very lucky lad very soon my dear. Im a firm believer that there is someone for everyone out there and im proof of that didnt meet my now hubby till I was 29. xxx

I am 43 and I have never been engaged, never been married, never lived with anyone, but hey, that doesn't stop me having a good time :).

The way I look at it is, if it's meant to be, it will happen, if it's not - well live your life. There is someone for everyone in this world, sometimes you just have to further your horizons to find them.

Can I play matchmaker?

Hannah and Badger should go out for a sachet. LOL
Lol, Tetra for me please, only issue is a slight logistical problem of about 180 miles, haha:D

Me and my cdc have spoken about starting a dating agency for her clients, bit immoral though(she thinks anyway)

The way you look now, it won't be long as you look great. Don't put too much pressure on finding love it will just come when the time is right.

Last edited:
I met my husband on the internet - neither of us were looking, it was not on a dating site, just a random chat room and we happened to start talking. Then found we lived about a mile apart. Bit weird...! What I'm saying is, if you find a forum/chatroom for something you are interested in, you may find more than just interest-based chatter there, if you go in with an open mind. And its a bit less 'obvious' than internet dating.

Having said that, several good friends met their partners on things like udate, its a totally usual and acceptable way to meet people nowadays.

I do agree that its quite likely people will come along when you're not looking, but do bear in mind that you do need to a) get out there and b) keep your eyes open, even if you're not 'looking'...a friend of mine at work bemoans the fact that she's been deliberately 'not looking' for a while and has been resolutely single for ages. But what she is missing is that she comes to work and goes home again, she doesn't give herself any opportunities to meet people.

Its like the fact my mother always calls me jammy for getting a car parking space so close to the supermarket doors, and she never does. But then again, she never drives down those bits of the car park, because she 'wont get a slot'. Instead she parks far away and complains that she can't park closer. But she never actually tries....I always try, and about half the time I get a slot.

hope that analogy makes sense....

Lx

Badger - Me and my cdc have spoken about starting a dating agency for her clients, bit immoral though(she thinks anyway)

I think this is a great idea sign me up lol.;)

Lol, Tetra for me please, only issue is a slight logistical problem of about 180 miles, haha:D

ok, so the easiest place for you to both get to would be feeding the pigeons in trafalgar square, followed by a show or a film...

I used to live in warwickshire, so I know it's only an hour or so away, and more of a mental block, than a logistical one ;)

Vx

You need to relax and not worry you are beautiful you should have nothing to worry about it will happen.

If you do find mr right ask him if he has an older brother send him my way LOL

and send a second brother for me please! I've been single for four years.

Back